What are you playing?

I've played and am currently playing what I think are the two best worst games this year (so far)

Played through the Crackdown 3 campaign - Regardless of how hard I tried to get into this game, it just felt uninspiring. Despite having a huge open world, outside of the areas that you need to beat to progress, nothing much happens. I liked the variety of areas that you need to beat, car garages, train stations and mines. All of which provided slightly different challenges. There was nothing in the game that even came close to the first or second in terms on wow factor. MS really let the ball drop on this one. Despite all of that, I couldn't put it down and kept playing through all of the campaign. 

Currently playing through Just Cause 4. If you've played any of the the other games, it's some of the same and a whole lot more. They seem to have changed the way you win territory which was a challenge to understand when you mash through the scenes explaining it all. I've played around 4/5 hours and most of the missions are pretty much the same which variances in the setting. All of the them involve, going to a location, finding a console/switch/power supply and the hacking/blowing up or protecting said item. They've made some changes around the grapple hook, which gives you a lot more stuff to play with, but makes it pain to just use sometimes. In spite of all of this, I can't put it down 😂

PC: Diablo 3, still!

Switch: SBU at work with colleagues

XB1: Mostly quick trials of free Gold titles, or the Gwent deck builder.

Android: AxE which is a lot like Lineage II but more PvP, and Disney Heroes

• 4 weeks later...

Mario

Making the most of my Game Pass and currently playing through Doom. A great game. 

Love the level design, variety of enemies and the little challenges on each level. Runes, secrets etc etc. 

3 minutes ago, dipsylalapo said:

A good interesting?

Yes, of course,

just one complain, the leveling is too fast, its hard to keep your gear with current level.

Just picked up Marvel's Spider-Man for the PS4 this week and have started playing through that last night. Couldn't put the game down for awhile, it's way too much fun :D

On 4/23/2019 at 4:57 AM, Xahid said:

Yes, of course,

just one complain, the leveling is too fast, its hard to keep your gear with current level.

You don't have to level up the gear with every character level.  Lot of times, gear a few levels lower than your character level is more than enough to kill enemies.  Later on in the game, you get resources and money easier.  Spend time exploring and looting chests and doing the site missions.  Get a lot of loot there.  And do not bother level up purple, blue, or white items if you can help it.   What seemed to work well for me is that I sold all the purple items for the gold, then salvaged the blue/white for the materials.    Also, spend time looking at what weapons/gear you want to buy/use through out the game and stick with those.

Anyway, playing ACO Atlantis now and bought Mafia 3 and have been playing that.

7 minutes ago, techbeck said:

You don't have to level up the gear with every character level.  Lot of times, gear a few levels lower than your character level is more than enough to kill enemies.  Later on in the game, you get resources and money easier.  Spend time exploring and looting chests and doing the site missions.  Get a lot of loot there.  And do not bother level up purple, blue, or white items if you can help it.   What seemed to work well for me is that I sold all the purple items for the gold, then salvaged the blue/white for the materials.    Also, spend time looking at what weapons/gear you want to buy/use through out the game and stick with those.

Anyway, playing ACO Atlantis now and bought Mafia 3 and have been playing that.

I've had Mafia 3 in my basket on the MS Store for months now and it pops up on sale every now and then. You'll have to let us know what you think about it.

7 minutes ago, dipsylalapo said:

I've had Mafia 3 in my basket on the MS Store for months now and it pops up on sale every now and then. You'll have to let us know what you think about it.

It is ok. Not the best Mafia game but something to play until other games come out.  I only paid $15 for it.  Not to far into the game yet.  Just completed 1 main mission and working on side quests/exploring a little.

20 minutes ago, dipsylalapo said:

Lot of racial slurs and and such so just a heads up on that. 

1 minute ago, techbeck said:

Lot of racial slurs and and such so just a heads up on that. 

I really enjoyed 1 and 2, but 2 did seem a little dumbed down compared to the first. 

Love a bit of casual racism in games 😂

2 hours ago, dipsylalapo said:

I really enjoyed 1 and 2, but 2 did seem a little dumbed down compared to the first. 

Love a bit of casual racism in games 😂

3 is fine.  Typical take over areas, do quests to level character, get money, steal cars, run from cops.  That sort of thing.  And game is based back during segregation so that gives you an idea in the times you play.   Game play is ok.  Driving cars/boats is not as smooth as other games and  you cannot run through trees/bushes.  Must go around which is dumb.   Not my fav game by far, but for $15 I needed something diff to play.  But not the next DLC for ACO is out, I will be playing that.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Just finished playing Mafia III.  Good game and I enjoyed it.  Not sure why there was a lot of low reviews.  Were a few glitches where a few times, enemies were missing either their legs, or torso.  But happened maybe a couple times.  Glitches a few times when driving around where the video would freeze for a few seconds.  But other than that, I thought it was a fun game.  Now, time to find something else to play....

I don't have too much free time atm so I'm still trying to finish up borderlands 2, damn thing froze on me for the first time last night.  Might have been because I upgraded my nvidia drivers a few days ago?  Guess I'll see if it does it again.

13 hours ago, techbeck said:

Just finished playing Mafia III.  Good game and I enjoyed it.  Not sure why there was a lot of low reviews.  Were a few glitches where a few times, enemies were missing either their legs, or torso.  But happened maybe a couple times.  Glitches a few times when driving around where the video would freeze for a few seconds.  But other than that, I thought it was a fun game.  Now, time to find something else to play....

it was a disaster on release date. maybe they fixed it up, but I got it on the first week from release and it was just terrible.

3 hours ago, Jimmy1 said:

it was a disaster on release date. maybe they fixed it up, but I got it on the first week from release and it was just terrible.

What was terrible about it then?

Dusted off Shogun 2 and Civ 5. Also eyeing Total War: There Kingdoms. Getting an itch for 4x games again.

4 hours ago, techbeck said:

What was terrible about it then?

well the a.i. was a joke. I cant remember exact other bugs, but I remember I got fed up with getting stuck in things.

it was so frustrating that I basically did not experience the story much before giving up.

if the story is good I might go back one day. though at the moment I am so neck deep in responsibilities that even I mostly prefer to watch movies or play some short games.  cannot commit to a story when you might not play again for months.

that is my RDR2 and games like new God of War are just staying under 20% completion for me unless (God forbid) I get stuck home sick...

3 minutes ago, Jimmy1 said:

well the a.i. was a joke. I cant remember exact other bugs, but I remember I got fed up with getting stuck in things.

it was so frustrating that I basically did not experience the story much before giving up.

if the story is good I might go back one day. though at the moment I am so neck deep in responsibilities that even I mostly prefer to watch movies or play some short games.  cannot commit to a story when you might not play again for months.

that is my RDR2 and games like new God of War are just staying under 20% completion for me unless (God forbid) I get stuck home sick...

I never got stuck.  There were a few issues when after missions I could not click on the NPC to go further.  Had to restart the game.  And issues where mission markers didn't show up until I restarted the game.  But just a few of those.  For the most part, I just experienced typical bugs.

Just platinumed Horizon Dawn, such a fantastic game and now started RDR2 and jesus it is slow compared  to that, I hope I can get into it.

DLed the first 2 Metro remastered games.  Never played those.  So working through that now.

5 hours ago, SnoopZ said:

Just platinumed Horizon Dawn, such a fantastic game and now started RDR2 and jesus it is slow compared  to that, I hope I can get into it.

RDR2 is not a fast paced game really.