What are you playing?

1 hour ago, Nick H. said:

Wow, I just had a whole up-down set of emotions. "Free to play? Awesome! Oh wait, I'm thinking of Unreal Tournament...but still, a new run-and-game TDM game! ...hang on, loot boxes?"

It's still FTP, so I might give it a go over the weekend. Just pleeeeease don't have the main mode be a Battle Royale situation. I'm absolutely fed up with this focus. I gave Apex Legends a go for all of 2 games before going, "well this is bull..." and I don't care if anyone wants to say that wasn't long enough to experience it, I'm just tired of the genre.

It is classic Quake modes, so no Battle Royale (aside from deathmatch).

• 3 weeks later...

Trying to get through Mass Effect: Andromeda.

It's pretty much the only SP game I still have going that I really want to finish.

Although Control comes out tomorrow, and I'm way more excited about that *grin*

1 hour ago, Peresvet said:

Wanted to play WoW Classic this morning.

Wishful thinking.

You would've thunk Blizzard learned from their mistakes from 15 years ago.

They didn't.

They're just preserving the classic experience all the purists wanted. Can't have that without server queues and lots of down time.

• Haha 2

Vampyr,  it was always on my list and since it's part of Game Pass for PC I installed it.   It's very interesting how it has a auto-save feature, like most games, but it does NOT allow you to manually save and you can't go back and pick a specific point you want to load.  This means, since it's a RPG etc, that your story choices are fixed, you can't load a older save point and redo a bad choice.   I already made one bad move and now I'm stuck with it till the end.  The only thing you can do is replay the whole game over.   It really keeps you on your toes when key story choices come up.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Gears of War 5 was fun.  Just the basic shoot em up and kill everything that tries to kill you game.  Which is why I like the series.  Looking forward t0 GoW 6 and if the one choice in the game has any impact.

Now, I am playing Borderlands 3.  Really fun game so far and the dialog cracks me up. 

Playing Boarderlands 3 and it is starting to tick me off so may be taking a break.  Boss fights are a real PITA and keep getting my but kicked.  And what sucks is, you die to loose cash.  So that is no fun either. 

Of course since I have game pass on pc i've jumped into Gears 5.  Though as the game was installing, or maybe after it installed I updated my geforce drivers.    I haven't had issues with a game in a long time but something gears 5 was trying to do with my gtx 1070 would make the gfx driver crash and it'd restart, which would crash the game ofc.    Anyways, the help site says to restart your system and check drivers.  After the restart the game played fine and great, finished the first part, haven't jumped in again but I hope this driver crash is now gone.

Just completed Detroit Become Human on PS4 great game but hard work getting the Platinum Trophy as you have to keep replaying it over and over again and i needed a guide to do that, if i knew it would be such a pain i wouldn't have bothered.

On 9/18/2019 at 2:32 AM, jnelsoninjax said:

PC: Control, badass game!

Mobile: I am playing Lords Mobile, interesting war game

How long have you been playing Lords Mobile? It's the only mobile game that has ever held my attention

1 hour ago, Skiver said:

How long have you been playing Lords Mobile? It's the only mobile game that has ever held my attention

~2 months or so!

1 minute ago, Skiver said:

Ah ok, I'm more 3+ years at this point, I forget how long exactly.

Woah, I don't think I've played any game for that long! Haven't you kinda hit the end of progression by now?

3+ years...well maybe I'll have to give it a go.

Just now, Nick H. said:

Woah, I don't think I've played any game for that long! Haven't you kinda hit the end of progression by now?

3+ years...well maybe I'll have to give it a go.

Absolutely nowhere near!

It's a typical Pay to Win style Mobile game that I've spent absolutely zero on, doing it the hard way takes a lot of time. I've actually just setup a second account  in the last few months that I switch between to try and help support my main account trying to get "stronger".  

I'm not going to pretend that the game is amazing, but I've played others like it but this one managed to hold my attention for some reason. I think now I'm so invested time wise that it's too difficult to imagine just letting that effort die.

11 minutes ago, StrikedOut said:

Speaking of pay to win, I'm still one of those that still enjoy World of Tanks but I break it up with a bit of Division play every now and then.

I never got into World of Tanks but I did love War Thunder

For the last 3+ years the only game I’ve played is a free to play mobile game, something I never expected to happen. I was a PC gamer in the 90’s, Xbox 360 gamer from the mid 2000’s, now it seems I’m a mobile only gamer.

I’ve played Pokemon Go almost daily since the game launched in 2016, surprising as I never expected to play it for more than a month when it first came out.

Now the only game I play! I’ve also never spent a penny on the game, however am doing as good as / better than people who have put a significant amount of money in to the game. With a bit of strategy you can easily play for free.

I’ve never played a game on the PC / Xbox continuously for anywhere near this long, so hopefully my enjoyment of the game continues.

Nearing level 36 in life. Start character was ok but rolled pretty crap stats. Canadian server was ok but moved to oceania server and things are a lot more stable. Routinely get my ass handed to me by Flu, anyone have any strats for that guy? Also housing system is kinda crap and the game economy is literally garbage. I'll give it maybe 20 or 30 more levels then find a different game, still interesting but getting a bit boring... also I liked the toddler DLC, keeping it interesting.

• Haha 3