What are you playing?

22 minutes ago, E.Worm Jimmy said:

I never tried mods at all - did not even think about it.  and i did the full game with both expansions twice - most time i EVER spent in the game since i was a teenager with patience and sega genesis - i think i spent 100s of hours on Sonic games - which i later beat in under 10 hours in my 30s LOL  - but as a kid i just could not beat the later levels.

anyways - what exactly do mods do?

Mods change game play, add weapons, add abilities that you wouldn't have otherwise (i.e. fast travel anywhere) there are also graphic/textures that can make the game play in 4K, etc.

4 hours ago, SnoopZ said:

I last played and completed the story in 2019 and I thought I would struggle with the controls but after 30mins or so it all fell into place and this morning I have managed to kill 5 of the 8 Valkyries which I found too hard before, maybe 60fps makes all the difference.

maybe that is the reason i always prefer gaming PC.     even on ps4 PRO - the controls felt really hard.  and i use controller on PC a lot too.

FPS does make a difference for sure.   i always felt slow on PS4.

4 hours ago, jnelsoninjax said:

Mods change game play, add weapons, add abilities that you wouldn't have otherwise (i.e. fast travel anywhere) there are also graphic/textures that can make the game play in 4K, etc.

no new stories though?  or new signs?  or something substantial?   fast travel was never an issue for me ,     so far only NEW weapons sounds good.  what other abilities?

since i did not like cyberpunk, I might do witcher 3 again, after another year passes or longer, or before the new witcher game  - hopefully there will be a LOT of mods to make my last run through it faster and more fun!

14 minutes ago, E.Worm Jimmy said:

no new stories though?  or new signs?  or something substantial?   fast travel was never an issue for me ,     so far only NEW weapons sounds good.  what other abilities?

since i did not like cyberpunk, I might do witcher 3 again, after another year passes or longer, or before the new witcher game  - hopefully there will be a LOT of mods to make my last run through it faster and more fun!

There are some different signs, look here for my details: https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/

Finished off Ace Combat 7 a few days ago and have picked up Witcher 3 again. Playing through for the first time so looking forward to seeing what CDPR are really about. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dipsylalapo said:

Finished off Ace Combat 7 a few days ago and have picked up Witcher 3 again. Playing through for the first time so looking forward to seeing what CDPR are really about. 

Has Witcher3 had the update yet? I won't play on PS5 until that drops.

44 minutes ago, SnoopZ said:

Has Witcher3 had the update yet? I won't play on PS5 until that drops.

No, it's currently slated for H2 2021. I figured I'd get another playthrough when that drops.

Started fallout 4, i've owned it for years, figured it was time to get it out of the way.

6 hours ago, George P said:

Started fallout 4, i've owned it for years, figured it was time to get it out of the way.

There is a lot of articles about playing it in 2020/21

I might actually give it a go myself - never did play it and was not interested - but now - when it is updated to the max and with potential mods - it might be the next game I might play later - when I have time between jobs 

I added it to my list 

Right now: I am playing The Counsel 

Finished 2 episodes so far in about 8 hours - and only because I was a bit slow and got stuck on a puzzle until I googled it later.

It is amazing for me - a game about the secret society - with characters appearing - like George Washington and Napoleon - I have to admit - it could have been terrible...

It is an adventure game similar to Telltale - you don't need quick reactions and learning complex attack combos  - all of this game is mental and decision making - puzzle solving choices.

And it also adds RPG progression of skills that affect the dialog lines and affect every interaction.

Anyway - if you like history / secret societies and the game that makes you think - not just test your reaction speed - it is a fun ride.

Outriders does have an odd concept of how hard the game should be, so I'm helping some other players to try to get better gear to help advance the plot.  It is a fantastic game though.

I'm not sure what else to play anymore, but I guess that's alright too.

• 2 weeks later...

After not playing any games for a long time I've been on a bit of a binge catching up on some games I've missed.

It all started with Mafia Definitive Edition, the story just had me glued to the game. In some ways I was sad to finish this as I wanted more after it. Honestly the best game I've played in a long time.

A friend then lent me Mafia 3 on the Xbox, this upgraded to the definitive edition at no cost and gave me all the DLC in the process. As I started Mafia 3 I didn't really enjoy it much at first, it seemed a much more stealth orientated GTA style game. I also found it annoying when I was so far in to a mission and randomly got killed by someone, maybe I was just rubbish at the game, however this got annoying. That said I did stick at the game and ended up quite enjoying it, especially as I got some perks such as calling in some enforcers to help you take down a building full of enemies. This certainly didn't feel like a "Mafia game" compared to Mafia 1 and 2, however I did end up quite enjoying this game. I'd probably play this again in the future.

I do plan to buy Mafia 2 Definitive Edition at some point, as Mafia 2 was the first Mafia game i completed back on the 360, it would be great to play this again. It seems cheaper to buy the Mafia trilogy on the Xbox vs buying Mafia 2 Definitive Edition as a standalone, so I might well do that.

I then moved on to Gears 4, which after not playing Gears for many years I actually enjoyed again. I purchased this at release, did a couple of chapters then never played it again. What I did like was it was possible to play co-op with my brother who was on the PC. He signed up for a months trial of game pass, so we co-op'ed Gears 4 over the course of a weekend, just liked we'd historically done on the Xbox 360. That was pretty fun and we both really enjoyed it, so decided to do Gears 5 the following weekend as I had got this free from Xbox Live and he could play it on his game pass trial.

Gears 5 started out ok, my brother was playing as Jack which was really useful at times. However the game was not that enjoyable, it seemed like it had the same few boss battles which were a right pain to win at times. Maybe we're both just older and not as good at games these days, however we did co-op Gears 1 on insane back in the day so i'd like to think we still had some skill. The game also seemed really buggy, I'm not sure if this was an Xbox / Windows 10 co-op issue, however if someone died in certain places the game would glitch when it re loaded and no enemies would spawn, so we couldn't progress and had to load the previous checkpoint (not the current checkpoint which would always glitch) and re play a big chunk of the game we'd just spent the last 30 minutes doing. This happened at least 3 times which didn't impress us. We both agreed we'd feel a bit cheated if we'd paid £40-50 each for Gears 5.

I think for me personally the magic of Gears has gone, the first 3 games we're honestly amazing. Judgement was just "average" Gears 4 in all fairness I enjoyed as that was pretty fun to co-op. Gears 5 I don't really have any desire to play again.

So there you are, that's my recent gaming binge essay as someone who's not played anything much apart from Pokemon on the Switch over the last couple of years!

• 2 weeks later...

Code Vein on Game Pass is pretty cool.  I mean, thematically it's still not entirely my thing but it's fun.

I waited til after I got the XSX to load it up and so far I'll take it.

58 minutes ago, Randomevent said:

Code Vein on Game Pass is pretty cool.  I mean, thematically it's still not entirely my thing but it's fun.

I waited til after I got the XSX to load it up and so far I'll take it.

That's the great thing about game pass, I think you'd otherwise never play that game if you had to buy it, unless you waiting long enough for it to go on some big sale for like $20.

Still so much game pass hate going around out there, go figure.

38 minutes ago, George P said:

That's the great thing about game pass, I think you'd otherwise never play that game if you had to buy it, unless you waiting long enough for it to go on some big sale for like $20.

Still so much game pass hate going around out there, go figure.

There is?  I've never seen anything but love for it.  I mean I could see the Playstation lovers being a little salty but who cares?

1 minute ago, Randomevent said:

There is?  I've never seen anything but love for it.  I mean I could see the Playstation lovers being a little salty but who cares?

It pops up here and there, mostly twitter I think.    Just a way to deflect from your console of choice not having anything like it and or PS fans trying to justify Sony deciding to charge them $70 for their new exclusives while I can spend $70 and get 6 months of game pass.

The people thinking game pass isn't making MS any money are the silliest though.   Hell the game pass model itself is such that, outside of the initial sub, you get a nice discount to buy anything on the list, and it doesn't give you anything other than the base game.  So that new game you're trying out that you actually like, if it's got any DLC you want to also play, you'll have to buy it.  So if you're thinking about buying the dlc for it, why not buy the whole game you ended up liking in the end?    Or you ignore game pass and just buy the games you want like you have been.   Whatever works.

8 hours ago, George P said:

It pops up here and there, mostly twitter I think.    Just a way to deflect from your console of choice not having anything like it and or PS fans trying to justify Sony deciding to charge them $70 for their new exclusives while I can spend $70 and get 6 months of game pass.

The people thinking game pass isn't making MS any money are the silliest though.   Hell the game pass model itself is such that, outside of the initial sub, you get a nice discount to buy anything on the list, and it doesn't give you anything other than the base game.  So that new game you're trying out that you actually like, if it's got any DLC you want to also play, you'll have to buy it.  So if you're thinking about buying the dlc for it, why not buy the whole game you ended up liking in the end?    Or you ignore game pass and just buy the games you want like you have been.   Whatever works.

MS has actually said it hasn't made money yet.  The sub conversions probably aren't helping.

Either way I can't see myself ever living without it again.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I finally "finished" fallout 4, I used quotes because there's minor stuff I didn't do and also by it's nature there's this never ending loop of side missions that are more or less used just so you can grind.  As far as any story missions I did those, or the ones I could in my specific playthrough.    

Wasting some time in Madden 21 until I feel like playing something else, maybe yakuza 4, don't know yet.

9 hours ago, George P said:

Well I finally "finished" fallout 4, I used quotes because there's minor stuff I didn't do and also by it's nature there's this never ending loop of side missions that are more or less used just so you can grind.  As far as any story missions I did those, or the ones I could in my specific playthrough.    

Wasting some time in Madden 21 until I feel like playing something else, maybe yakuza 4, don't know yet.

I decided to skip the Yakuza games and load up Judgment instead, and so far I like it.  Might even finish it.  Never got too far in the Yakuza games.

• 3 weeks later...

Just finished Mass Effect legendary. Was good to play again and a lot I did not remember. So was like playing a new game. Hopefully Mass Effect 4 will bring Shepard back and continue the story. Playing Mass Effect Andromeda again right now. 

On 05/06/2021 at 00:22, techbeck said:

Just finished Mass Effect legendary. Was good to play again and a lot I did not remember. So was like playing a new game. Hopefully Mass Effect 4 will bring Shepard back and continue the story. Playing Mass Effect Andromeda again right now. 

I've been slow rolling it, doing every side quest because I didn't really play with any of the dlc in the games.

Resident Evil Village on Stadia

Finishedon Stadia: FFXV, Cyberpunk 2077, Immortals Fenyx Rising, and Jedi Fallen Order

Still working on in Stadia: Doom Eternal, Borderlands 3, Elder Scrolls Online, Strange Brigade.

Also still leveling a character in WoW TBC Classic.