What are you playing?

New Tomb Raider. I like it, just as expected.

Uncharted and the tomb raider reboots are basically my favorite mix of story + action at the moment.

And still paying Mortal Kombat XL once in a while and will check out any possible new versions, since that was the game that defines my arcade / console experience in 2 player fighting game, more so then others.

Other then that I played 2 episodes of the new Telltale Walking dead final seasons, so I am extremely disappointed that there is a good chance I will never see this one to the end...

I've started playing Legend of Heroes Trails of Cold Steel, for my JRPG fix.  I've played LoH Trails in the Sky 1 and 2, which take place in the same world, so this was an obvious choice.  

Playing through Life is Strange at the moment. Love the puzzle solving and how you can rewind time to solve the puzzles. 

I've still got three episodes left.

PC: Need For Speed Rivals

Rainbox Six Seige 

PS4 Pro: 

Rainbox Six Seige 

Xbox One X:

Burnout Paradise 

Switch: Mario Kart doesn't leave the slot! 

• 2 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, silent_stream said:

Jealous a bit! I wish I could rewind time in real life, forget all spoilers and start again :D
Also, have you played Tacoma? Asking this because there are similar mechanics. 

Hah now that would be cool. 

I haven't yet, but I know it's on offer this week as part of the DwG so may have to purchase. 

Just finished episode 3 last night, and it's definitely keeping me intrigued to see what happens next!

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, jnelsoninjax said:

Far Cry 5, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Assassin's creed odyssey.

Far Cry 5, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Assassin's creed Origins for me, as well as Prey... however, i cannot get really sucked into any of them for more then 30 minutes, which is not enough to make any progress.

I was think i am getting too old for it, but I loved the previous 2 tomb raider games and far cry 3 and 4 (though it took me a while to get into FC4 also... but not as difficult as FC5)

2 minutes ago, DConnell said:

The original King's Quest, updated to run on modern PCs.

Being a fan of point and clicks, (though not the original KQs - since i somehow completely missed them)  I got this one.

Chapter 1 was awesome. Chapter 2 not so much... Chapter 3 was great again... and Chapter 4 was so boring to me, I dropped the game, the puzzles were just not interesting to me...     Though I head Chapter 5 was supposed to be good again, I guess I will never see it.

11 minutes ago, Jimmy1 said:

Being a fan of point and clicks, (though not the original KQs - since i somehow completely missed them)  I got this one.

Chapter 1 was awesome. Chapter 2 not so much... Chapter 3 was great again... and Chapter 4 was so boring to me, I dropped the game, the puzzles were just not interesting to me...     Though I head Chapter 5 was supposed to be good again, I guess I will never see it.

I found the new games quite good, mainly for the storyline and acting. The storytelling especially is what prompted me to locate the original. It's free - search for AGD Interactive and you'll find a few of the vintage KQ games free and legal to download and play.

• 1 month later...

Still playing after all these years (helps that 76 was a complete disaster). Started a new character, and I will not follow the story. Just building settlements, and wandering the wasteland.

O5fGWmk.jpg

Finished RDR 2 over the weekend. 

Spoiler

The epilogue was a little strange, playing out the last few missions as John Marston. Even the missions themselves ranging from cleaning out a barn to the more conventional bounty hunting.

Picked Far Cry Primal, after not enjoying it the first time. Played through a few missions and for whatever reason, I'm liking it much more this time around. Will probably stick to this for a while.

I treated myself for Christmas and got Red Dead Redemption 2. With the exception of work and meeting people at the bar for a couple of hours, it is all I've been doing. :laugh:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Nick H. said:

I treated myself for Christmas and got Red Dead Redemption 2. With the exception of work and meeting people at the bar for a couple of hours, it is all I've been doing. :laugh:

Enjoy, it's a great game.

As a fan of the Torchlight games, I was eager to see where Runic would go next, which is why I bought Hob on launch day. It had a couple performance issues (which have since been ironed out), so I decided to revisit it at a later time.

I went through and finished it the other week, and I can genuinely say this was the most fun I've had with a game in a long time. I love the cartoony look of it, the soundtrack by Matt Uelmen is absolutely fantastic, and the feeling of the world just clicking into place is so satisfying. Folks have described it as a Zelda-like which to a certain extent is true, but I think it can stand on its own either way. Pretty sad that there probably won't ever be a Hob 2, since Runic got shut down, but at least there's this one to play. 

As for what's next, I'm probably going to go back and attempt to finally beat The Longest Journey, followed probably by Scrapland.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a bit into Shadow of the Tomb Raider, really like it.   Don't know what I'll do after that, have a few games in my list to get through.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/14/2019 at 11:29 PM, JHBrown said:

Still playing after all these years (helps that 76 was a complete disaster). Started a new character, and I will not follow the story. Just building settlements, and wandering the wasteland.

O5fGWmk.jpg

I come back to FO4 every now and then to screw around and try out a few mods and such.  Or to tweak my settlements.  Fun game and yes, FO76 I played a few times and then said screw it.  What a screw up of a game.  Lots of discounts/bundles being offered for it as well.

I finished Shadow of the Tomb Raider last week, now i'm working my way through Sniper Elite 4, I like it overall but I hate how they locked weapon upgrades behind specific progression tasks you have to do.  Like, to get a better scope on your sniper rifle of choice you have to do something like 25 kills over 200 meters.   SE3 just let you upgrade more freely once you leveled up overall from what I remember.   Anyways, it's my kind of slow methodical stealth game of choice,  the enemy AI is pretty good at hunting you down as well.

Shadow of Tomb Raider - I enjoy the reboot of these, but this is my least favourite of the three

Doom (2016) - I originally played this back when it was released on 'Ultra Violence' difficulty, thought it was okay but kind of easy/boring. Played it again a few weeks back on Nightmare and I enjoyed that playthrough significantly more than the 1st one, the increased difficulty really adds to the fun and makes it way more interesting. Now doing 'Ultra Nightmare' playthrough

RE2 Remake - Resident Evil is definitely one of my top 3 game series, will play this a lot to get S+ rank on all scenarios/difficulties. Solid remake. 

Edited by ZakO

Battlefield V, Batman Arkham Knight, Crysis 3

All PC

Went through and replayed the OG Quake single player campaign.  Found (i.e. googled) all the secrets / hidden levels. Fond memories of the game (especially multiplayer/3D acceleration). It didn't disappoint 20 years later.