Windows Vista Boot Screen

Well, the black & white "LONGHORN" boot screen for Beta 1 was getting kinda old and boring... So I figured I'd make my own boot screen. Nothing fancy, but it's better than the original one...

bootvistapreview.png

EDIT- Get it here!

(Note to people who are wondering: This is a boot screen for Longhorn/Vista Beta 1, not Windows XP)

Post comments or suggestions!

Edited by edwinmcdunlap

Does anyone know is they're planning on updating the boot screen to more than 16 colors?

586357950[/snapback]

Wow... That would be amazing if they did that.

Wow... That would be amazing if they did that.

586358057[/snapback]

I agree. Other operating systems have been doing it for seven years, eight years? Microsoft coming into the 21st century would be quite amazing indeed.

Do people really customize thier bootscreens still?

It's something you see once in a while for about 2 seconds. What's the point?

586358454[/snapback]

I never thought of that :laugh: Why do we even worry about our boot screen..?

That's nice.

Does anyone know is they're planning on updating the boot screen to more than 16 colors?

586357950[/snapback]

Yes, they'll do that! Maybe in beta 2....

Maybe someone know the "banimres.dl" from longhorn build 4074? This file got the ressources of a new bootscreen with 24 bit colordeep! The new bootscreen is using lddm and it could be enabled in 4074!

Question about this bootscreen though. Shouldn't it have the flag with highlights in the center of the cross? That's the XP flag. ;)

Question about this bootscreen though. Shouldn't it have the flag with highlights in the center of the cross? That's the XP flag. ;)

586364473[/snapback]

Well, here the Vista logo in 16 colors. I don't have Vista so I can't make it.

WinVista_v_Web.bmp

Just for comparison what did NT look like (workstation)?

586365898[/snapback]

The bootscreen? It was just a blue screen, much like a kernel exception error... nt4bootscreen.jpg

An interesting note, although all of Windows 4.0 (Non-NT) supported 256 color bootscreens, Windows 2000 only supported 16 colors. Unfortunately that is one thing Windows XP kept. Ahh well, it's only onscreen for few seconds!

586364473[/snapback]

Yeah, I know... I tried a vista flag but it looked REALLY ugly in 16 color mode.. I'll try yours, Angel Blue01.

• 5 months later...

I actually modified my bootscreen to WizeXP :p.. And it is nicer than having to look at Windows XP all the time. I mean, unless you were talented and changed your bootscreen right away with XP, then you looked at that thing for a while.

That's one good funny bootscreen *doesn't install it because he doesn't have Vists*

Oh yeah, that site where you got the screenshot, early Windows 2000 boot screen!

nt5beta2.jpg

XP Beta 2 actually had a pretty neat one as well:

boot.gif

Edited by ViperSnake

• 1 month later...