Windows Vista Boot Screen

Do people really customize thier bootscreens still?

It's something you see once in a while for about 2 seconds. What's the point?

Haha, do you not remember when SP2 came out and people were SO upset because they lost their elite status because their computer no longer said Professional on the screen.

Haha, do you not remember when SP2 came out and people were SO upset because they lost their elite status because their computer no longer said Professional on the screen.

Now thats just crazy :no:

• 4 weeks later...

Wow, I remember this vista boot animated thingie from the customization(last part) of the installation, thought it was only there but I guess I was wrong. *repeatedly pressing the reset button, anxious to change the bootskin in vista*

• 5 months later...

EricJD can you re upload that original boot screen because the current link doesn't work (i have xp sp2 and it looks like a boot screen I want) :) XP like original with vista white theme, seems like it would work perfect for my computer.. ;)

EricJD can you re upload that original boot screen because the current link doesn't work (i have xp sp2 and it looks like a boot screen I want) :) XP like original with vista white theme, seems like it would work perfect for my computer.. ;)

Did you not read the original post? :p

He says at the bottom very clearly (and even states that the reason why he does so is to prevent this very type of confusion) that it is a boot screen made for one of the early Vista betas. It won't work on XP at all.

Edited by Morpheus Phreak

• 1 year later...
Wow... That would be amazing if they did that.

24 bit bitmaps is the best you can do at 1024 x768 ive made a few ...got some im working on so i will post when done

<removed NSFW image>

now thats a sexy boot screen.. But I have to say if I only get to see that for 2 secs..... I am going to be ****ed

lol ....how do you upload the actual boot file so people can download it

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
That's one good funny bootscreen *doesn't install it because he doesn't have Vists*

Oh yeah, that site where you got the screenshot, early Windows 2000 boot screen!

nt5beta2.jpg

XP Beta 2 actually had a pretty neat one as well:

boot.gif

Those are some cool screens!