Official NFL Season 2005 Thread

Considering how it looked after the first quarter, I can't complain :D . Shockey's the man. Eli is finally looking decent on the road. Now if we only can keep LT contained we should be ok. Big task though.

Can't edit.

So I guess defense is optional for tonight's game. How Eli escaped that rush is beyond me. Neither team has looked like they've been able to stop the other. The Giants have stopped themselves a few times if anything and San Diego has been unstoppable so far. Looks like Eli's gonna have a good game in defeat :no:

edit> Just saw on Sportscenter: Brady had 17 career 4th quarter and OT winning drives (including the playoffs). Make that 18. Just plain. . . CLUTCH! He threw 12-12 in the 4th quarter.

Edited by bigbluepride35

Would it be possible for the neowin Mods To post an offical Poll with all the NFL Teams To see which team here on Neowin Has the most fans? That would be Fantastic. btw My fav team is The Raiders!

Pennington is done for the season, apparently. While I wouldn't really wish an injury like that on any player I can't help but smile a bit only becuase of how much it screws the Jets. Brooks Bollinger (no that was NOT a mistake) will most likely start agianst Baltimore. The guy has nine, yes NINE career pass attempts. If the Ravens' D doesn't absolutely dominate then we know something's up.

Story here.

Brooks Bollinger's career NFL stats :laugh: :rofl:

Edited by bigbluepride35

PITTSBURGH (AP) - A clock error added 52 seconds to the fourth quarter of the Patriots-Steelers game Sunday. The extra time aided the Patriots during a winning drive that ended with Adam Vinatieri's 43-yard field goal with 1 second remaining

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/4907718

586585260[/snapback]

If they are admiting that then what can be done? :o

This practially shows that the steelers had the game and a error took it away from them. 52 seconds are a lot.

If they are admiting that then what can be done? :o

This practially shows that the steelers had the game and a error took it away from them. 52 seconds are a lot.

586585944[/snapback]

That they had the game? That's highly debatable. They only tied it on that drive in the fourht it's not like less time would have given them an opportunity to win. AND the got a free set of downs, IMO, on that veeeeeeeery iffy pass intereference call when Quincy Morgan flat out DROPPED the ball on fourht down when he was wide open. We COULD have been in store for a heck of an overtime game though. Still though, can't assume all things would have remained as is with :52 seconds less.

What took that game away from the Steelers were two things: Randle El pulling a real bonehead play when they could've virtually buried the Pats and the Steelers o-line collapsing in the fourth and not giving Big Ben decent protection. O and Brady playing out of his mind in the fourht as well.

On another note, I don't think those two guys will be doing any clock work for the Steelers at home again for the rest of the season if not their lives lol.

Edited by bigbluepride35

That they had the game? That's highly debatable. They only tied it on that drive in the fourht it's not like less time would have given them an opportunity to win. AND the got a free set of downs, IMO, on that veeeeeeeery iffy pass intereference call when Quincy Morgan flat out DROPPED the ball on fourht down when he was wide open. We COULD have been in store for a heck of an overtime game though. Still though, can't assume all things would have remained as is with :52 seconds less.

What took that game away from the Steelers were two things: Randle El pulling a real bonehead play when they could've virtually buried the Pats and the Steelers o-line collapsing in the fourth and not giving Big Ben decent protection. O and Brady playing out of his mind in the fourht as well.

On another note, I don't think those two guys will be doing any clock work for the Steelers at home again for the rest of the season if not their lives lol.

586585968[/snapback]

Well agreed. I overreacted at first because I love the steelers. But still they indeed changed the fate of that game with those 52 seconds.

Ack, McNabb has abdominal strain (NFL.com) that may need surgery, but he will hold off till the end of the season. Oh man you know what this could means, Koy Detmer, KOY DETMER! NoooooooOOOO! I blame this on Sports Illustrated and Madden Football.

Ack, McNabb has abdominal strain (NFL.com) that may need surgery, but he will hold off till the end of the season.  Oh man you know what this could means, Koy Detmer, KOY DETMER! NoooooooOOOO!  I blame this on Sports Illustrated and Madden Football.

586590710[/snapback]

I blame this on McNabb and his coach. He has been injured since the first season game and he still kept playing instead of taking a break.

I blame this on McNabb and his coach. He has been injured since the first season game and he still kept playing instead of taking a break.

586591822[/snapback]

McNabb will continue playing until he can't throw or walk anymore until. Just like Akers.

McNabb will continue playing until he can't throw or walk anymore until.  Just like Akers.

586591989[/snapback]

and believe me. I admire that, but one need to know when enough is enough dont you think?

Of course, since it's the Eagles they'll figure out a way to keep winning anyway :crazy: . But yeah sucks for him. That won't be a fun thing to play with all year.

Bah, too late to just edit and add this to my last post.

Anyway, looks like Joe Horn decided to rip the NFL for the "home" opener over a week later. I don't know, maybe I'm biased because I'm a Giants fan but anyone else think at this point the Saints players should just keep their mouths shut about the inconvenience and play? I mean I understood last wekk guys saying stuff but now it's not only over a week later but you've had another game since then and you're still focusing on that? Personally, I think they'd come off better if they took it all in stride and just played. They would look better. Horn had been saying all the right things but to say this today I think was just dumb. Last week? Maybe you could have gotten away with it. I don't think the NFL tried to screw the Saints. Anyway like I said just my take on the issue and if I seem biased becuase of my team loyalties feel free to let me know :p .

Read the story here.

Anyway like I said just my take on the issue and if I seem biased becuase of my team loyalties feel free to let me know

well you do kinda seem biased but everyone is a little loyal to their team so its ok.

well he makes a good point but i think he is still mad about the whole thing with NO. everyone saw the thing about him and the people from NO on MNF, he is just abset with this year.but he should let it go.

and believe me. I admire that, but one need to know when enough is enough dont you think?

586592178[/snapback]

I don't think the we will realize the implications until we see Detmer as the starting QB.

Man that seriously was the Eagles worst and best game at the same time today. I seriously can't believe what happened.

I think people need to stop hating on Eli Manning on this board and start giving the guy his due. That game against San Diego was definitely his breakout game and this week he looked great. I think he's for real and he will, over the course of his career, justify what the Giants gave up to get him :yes:

Haha! Arizona just scored their SECOND offensive TD in 4 games lmao :rofl: :laugh:

I think people need to stop hating on Eli Manning on this board and start giving the guy his due. That game against San Diego was definitely his breakout game and this week he looked great. I think he's for real and he will, over the course of his career, justify what the Giants gave up to get him :yes:

Haha! Arizona just scored their SECOND offensive TD in 4 games lmao :rofl: :laugh:

586611959[/snapback]

You mean the "touched by jesus" guy?

I love how the hype is still nig on this guy when Roethilisberger is clearly better, more accurate and more calm. But of course, people go wild for statistics. But in the end they doesnt matter if you dont guide your team to the big games.

Look at Brady, for example, not the best QB in the league but the has done the necessary.

Now look at marino, best QB ever? but wait! where is the ring?

You mean the "touched by jesus" guy?

I love how the hype is still nig on this guy when Roethilisberger is clearly better, more accurate and more calm. But of course, people go wild for statistics. But in the end they doesnt matter if you dont guide your team to the big games.

Look at Brady, for example, not the best QB in the league but the has done the necessary.

Now look at marino, best QB ever? but wait! where is the ring?

586612004[/snapback]

Did I say that? Um no. I didn't even say he already has justified what they gave up for him I said I'm confident he will over the course of his career. I said give him the credit he deserves. He's NOT a bust, he's NOT overrated. People wanted to write him off last year after he played on a BAD team that gave up it's second half of the season. This year he's 3-1 and has not had a BAD game yet. And actually his stats, except for the last two games haven't been spectacular but he's won games. People were saying he's spoiled or a primodonna (and I bet you were one of them) because he didn't want to play for SD. Well, look what happened to Rivers. The same would have happened to Manning. SD does NOT deal with its draft picks or players well at all. Look how they dealt with Antonio Gates.

O, and Big Ben CHOKED in the big games last year. He was terrible in the playoffs. Or did you forget that? They wouldn't have even beaten the JETS if Doug Brien could kick the damn ball. So let's not anoint him as the messiah either. Has Manning proved anything yet in a big game? Not really, but wait until he gets to play in one and chokes as terribly as Ben did before you railroad him. He's a quality qb and he's steadily improved with each start he's had. Even last year he showed progress when losing. And what more can you ask of a guy in his second year. Big Ben's success is largely due to the system he fell into. And good for him he can't help that. Five years from now I'd like to have this debate again ;)

My god, the NFC north has had another crap week. NO ONE won today. That means the 0-3 PACKERS WILL BE TIED FOR 1ST if they win.

Nah well actually they'll be behind because of the byes Chicago and Detroit will have had. Percentage-wise they'll be behind. Still quite sad though. :rofl: