Official NFL Season 2005 Thread

if i was mora, and i actually wanted to win a super bowl, i'd make shaub my permanent starter. he is leaps and bounds more productive than vick.

if i was mora, and i actually wanted to win a super bowl, i'd make shaub my permanent starter.  he is leaps and bounds more productive than vick.

586648167[/snapback]

They're more dangerous with Vick... If you don't believe that, you don't know anything about football.

Did anyone see the Packers vs. the New Orleans game? It was so good!!!! Packers destroyed them 52-3!!!!!! That was the best agem apckers played this year and I hope they can keep it up!

Did anyone see the Packers vs. the New Orleans game? It was so good!!!! Packers destroyed them 52-3!!!!!! That was the best agem apckers played this year and I hope they can keep it up!

586648200[/snapback]

The Falcons and Patriots game was a good game. not one that a team loses by 50 points.

What do you mean by that?

586648316[/snapback]

for the average person that would be such a ****ty game to watch unless you are a GB fan, which it seems like you are, it just wouldn't be that good.

I can't believe Testaverde got the win. I know it was msotly the Jets' D but still. It drives me crazy lol. The Bucs look terrible without Cadillac.

And NE always finds a way to recover after a loss. Still haven't lost two in a row since 2002. Craziness.

They're more dangerous with Vick... If you don't believe that, you don't know anything about football.

586648171[/snapback]

well, i disagree, and so did the 3 or 4 people who posted below me.

with vick, you might get 1 rushing TD, 1 passing TD, and then at least 1 fumble, and 1 INT.

with shaub, you'll average 0 fumbles, maybe 1 INT per game, and then 2-3 passing TDs. just in case you haven't noticed, brady is good. brady gets the ball to the playmakers. vick will never be able to that, especially when he's getting drilled, and then watching the season from the sideline.

dang, another receiver out? they already lost charles rogers. so out of that super-hyped group, all they have left is? mike williams?

Man I think the Eagles forgot that next week is their bye week, not this week.

586649135[/snapback]

heh. They finally played a team with a defense. ;)

And if McNabb is only going to be out 4-6 weeks, what is he waiting for? Get the surgery!!

And if McNabb is only going to be out 4-6 weeks, what is he waiting for?  Get the surgery!!

586649911[/snapback]

I've got to agree here. Compare the season's value vs. his career's value.

I'd also like to see how McMahon would fit in -- he looked stellar in preseason.

This week was quite a fluke... the Eagles defense didn't come to play AT ALL ... they didn't hustle, they basically stood with their hands on their hips during pass plays, not once pressuring Bledsoe, and McNabb looked like what he is - an injured player that needs surgery.

Rest assured, the defense will be roaring next time they play the Cowgirls. :yes:

The falcon game was a real good one, but allen russom or however you spell his name killed it by doing that past interfierence that pretty much did it

Im pretty sure they would of won with vick

EDIT: actually our defence did not show up so i dont think even manning could of saved us ;)

Edited by saotome6

McNabb looked like what he is - an injured player that needs surgery.

he doesnt need surgery right now, and could finsh this year with out surgery. i think it was more the cowboys D then McNabb. but he should get the surgery even if they will lose the next 3-4 weeks and i think it's more like 5-7 weeks. but it depends on the person it could take long or less time. they need him for the playoffs and they cant lose 5 games , NYG is playing way to good to catch up to.

The falcon game was a real good one, but allen russom or however you spell his name killed it by doing that past interfierence that pretty much did it

Im pretty sure they would of won with vick

EDIT: actually our defence did not show up so i dont think even manning could of saved us  ;)

586650526[/snapback]

if vick played, patriots would have won by 14. keep in mind your QB committed ZERO turnovers. vick averages about 2 a game.

oh, and i just thought i'd mention this: after all the crap people gave big ben last year, you at least have to give him props for what he did. compare him to the oh-so-great alex smith who went 9 for 23, for 74 yards, 0 TD, 4 INT and a rating of 8.5.

welcome to the NFL :)

Big Ben played another mature game. I just love how many people keep trashing him or hyping other young QBs while saying Ben is overrated. Guess whats, he is winning games, he is leading the NFL in rating. That its all matters.

Ask marine what he prefers, his insane stats or a superbowl ring... wich big ben its going to win in one or two years.

BTW, Rotethlisberger injury is not as bad as his coach thought (Y) =)

yea man TROY P. was a killer out there. i love that kid he can hit like a truck. and did you see the size he was giving up to "pearly" Gates. And lit him up every time.

This Giants-Cowboys game is insane. My heart can't take this crap lol. How you doing BOOG? :p

Baaah tough game to lose. Sloppy game, too. Well played Trebek. BOOG, we shall meet again on Dec. 4th.

Edited by bigbluepride35

LT may end up being the best running back ever....

anyone else think the saints got screwed on that call? defensive holding on a field goal?

the raiders played a very bad 1st haft, a lot better 2nd haft(mostly the D did).

im going to die at the end of the season if every raider game goes down to the last 4 mins in every game.