Official NFL Season 2005 Thread

not realy i looked at the NFC #'s and most QB's had low #'s

but i didnt vote for him:

i vote for

manning, sea QB, i think i put brad johnson(only one with good # because he miss 4 or 5 games) vick was has like the 5 or 6 most passing yds(with out rush yds)

the NFC was just sad, well the AFC gave me a hard time picking just 3 or 2 of each postion

and its sad about Dungy's son

Bledsoe

267-437 for 3188 yards, 61%. 21 TD's 14 INT's QB Rating 86.1

Vick

183-337 for 2136 yards, 54%. 13 TD's 12 INT's QB Rating 71.8

Hasselbeck

271-420 for 3215 yards, 64%. 22 TD's 9 INT's QB Rating 96.3

Delhomme

234-384 for 2998 yards, 61%. 20 TD's 15 INT's QB Rating 86.5

Manning

259-492 for 3314 yards, 52% . 22 TD's 16 INT's QB Rating 75.4

Brunnell

246-418 for 2797 yards, 59%. 20 TD's 8 INT's QB Rating 87

Warner

242-375 for 2713 yards, 64%. 11 TD's 9 INT's QB Rating 85.8

Sheesh....Vick has the worst numbers out of all of them. His rushing is just over 500 yards, so that's not it either...add those to his yard totals and he's still LAST out of all of the QB's listed above..... It's clear he got in on name only. What a joke. Heck...Bledsoe should have got in over Delhomme, too. I dunno where you get the idea that Brad Johnson's numbers are good. His are awful, even considering he's been in 7 games or so.

Edited by BOOGSoftball

A lot of the Pro Bowlers were undeserving. It's like this every year.

Guys who are undeserving:

AFC

TE: Gonzalez - He normally gets voted in based on pass-catching ability. He's been kept in to block a lot this year. If we're going by blocking TEs, Gonzalez isn't Pro Bowl-caliber anyway.

OLB: Merriman, Porter

CB: O'Neal, Bailey, Law - Only one who might deserve it is Bailey. O'Neal is similar to Tory James. Gambles a lot and gets INTs. Vastly overrated.

S: Lynch, Sanders

NFC

QB: Vick, Delhomme - Brunell and Bledsoe deserved to go instead

OLINE: L.Allen

S: R.Williams, M.Brown

Vilma and Peterson should've made it at ILB in the AFC instead of Zach Thomas and Al Wilson.

A lot of the Pro Bowlers were undeserving. It's like this every year.

Guys who are undeserving:

AFC

TE: Gonzalez - He normally gets voted in based on pass-catching ability. He's been kept in to block a lot this year. If we're going by blocking TEs, Gonzalez isn't Pro Bowl-caliber anyway.

OLB: Merriman, Porter

CB: O'Neal, Bailey, Law - Only one who might deserve it is Bailey. O'Neal is similar to Tory James. Gambles a lot and gets INTs. Vastly overrated.

S: Lynch, Sanders

NFC

QB: Vick, Delhomme - Brunell and Bledsoe deserved to go instead

OLINE: L.Allen

S: R.Williams, M.Brown

Vilma and Peterson should've made it at ILB in the AFC instead of Zach Thomas and Al Wilson.

I agree with your position on tight ends. If we want someone to catch passes, why have a TE position at all? Have a WR instead. Tight ends who block are vastly underrated.

And no Vick. His pass rating is one of the worst. The only reason the Falcons have a winning record is because of their defense and rushing game, which is Dunn's responsibility, not Vick's.

It's because we have people voting for them. Instead, let professionals pick and let us watch the Pro Bowl.

Same here. I hate Atlanta.

Voting is split 3 ways between the fans (most of whom are stupid), the coaches (many don't even bother), and the players (who don't take it seriously and vote based on reputation anyway).

San Diego got the better deal out of the Vick trade, no doubt. Vick is a mediocre NFL QB at best, but has outstanding athletic ability.

No way Vick should be in the Pro Bowl.

Shaun hasn't broken anywhere as many records, league or team as Tiki has....he broke two with tonights game at oakland, most rushing TD's and longest rushing TD of 95 yeards, last record was 91 yards set back in 1930 by Hap moran... a 75 year old record.

what is with the dominant RBs this year? it feels like tiki, alexander, and johnson are averaging like 200yds per game. ok, maybe not that high, but it's still pretty crazy.

did anyone just see doug flutie drop kick an extra point?

Shaun hasn't broken anywhere as many records, league or team as Tiki has....he broke two with tonights game at oakland, most rushing TD's and longest rushing TD of 95 yeards, last record was 91 yards set back in 1930 by Hap moran... a 75 year old record.

That's only a team record. Tony Dorsett, who played for a real team, has the rusing record for the league at 99 yards. :p

For some reason I have a feeling Mariucci will be reuniting with Brett. Well actually that's what I hope happens because I think it would be a great reason for Brett to stay. But the way the GM or team president or whoever it was was speaking at the news conference about a "new face" it didn't really sound like they WANT Brett to stay. Personally, I don't think Sherman should have been fired at all. They got destroyed by injuries this year. A lot of their losses were close games that, perhaps with those playmakers healthy all year, could have swung the other way.

This was Sherman's first losing season. If they didn't have the injuries, they would have either just missed the playoffs or been a wild card team. I was surprised that his name was even on the list that could be fired. I think Favre will decide if he comes back after they get a new head coach.

People need to stop sleeping on the Redskins. Seahawks here we come, sorry Giants fans Eli is not up to his potential yet.