Official NFL Season 2005 Thread

Yep, -4.74 pts. in my league.  Needless to say I am not doing well.  Tp make it worse, I have TO and Westbrook for tonight, but alos ATL def.  My opponent has McNabb.  So of my guys score alot, McNabb will most likely score a lot as well and kill me Defensive points.  Fantasy Football totally screws with how you watch games!  :wacko:

586513266[/snapback]

I did the exact same thing. I started a running back that was going up against the defense I also started. I didn't know who the root for.

Wow BOOG nice pickup to fill-in for Walker. Those return yards will pile up if not receiving ones lol.

edit> O you picked him up for the leauge in which you DON'T have Walker. Never mind then lol. Still good pickup though.

Saw that now BOOG.

Wow Atlanta up 14-0 early. Looks like I may be headed towards a 9-7 :(

Why was Trotter ejected??

edit> Forget it. I read on ESPN.com.

Edited by bigbluepride35

M Vick shoud do this

a_falcons.jpg

bring back the dirty bird, it made ATL my 2nd fav team(well M vick keeped them my 2 fav team

what a good game, lets do the dirty bird

lets hope they meet in the playoffs

The first half of the philly vs atlanta game was awesome, the second was boring.

If Dunn keeps playing like this this will be his best year.

Goddamit, I swear if the Eagles do a short pass on another 3rd and long behind the 1st down marker I am going to kill them. I don't understand how they can be more productive without Owens then with him. Thank god this wasn't the post season. There were so many opportunities to win, it just ****es me off, especially Akers missing his two field goals was completely unacceptable. Alright, I need a day to cool off. :angry:

The funniest thing would have been if the Eagles had won the game after Westbrook fubbed the catch and Andy Reid's timeout. Madden would have made Andy Reid the first coach to be put on the horse trailer for his timeout skills for saving the game.

Edited by jmole

The first half of the philly vs atlanta game was awesome, the second was boring.

If Dunn keeps playing like this this will be his best year.

586517224[/snapback]

i have him on the 2nd fantasy football leage just right after the game

the browns had two penalties, one took away a punt return touchdown and one took away an interception touchdown.. the penalties werent even CLOSE to the play. oh , and they lost by 2 touchdowns....

so that bengal win isnt THAT huge as everyone is making it out to be. the browns beat themselves. :(

last night on fox sport radio, they were taking about something then a caller said something about Mcnabb not bing good. but one of the host side McNabb being better then Brady, Mcnabb and P Manning being on top of the steps then Brady on 2nd steps with others. What do you guy think about that. and i need to get this out:

NE has a better o-line their o-line is so under rated

here are the # sacks

Brady in 2004=26 2003=32

McNabb in 2004=32 in 2003=43

and McNabb can alot run better

some might what about the rings, but a team one the rings. when the raiders played the bucks in that superbowl, the raiders had with about 5 mins to go and gannon tryed to make somehappen by him self and the bucks got 3 ints. 2 run back for a TD.

and tom brady doesnt put the team on his back he knows the D will stop the next team 9 out of 10 times but many QBs but their team on their back and think he have to win it. and they try to make a play happen with 2 guys on a WR or some thing.

the #s are about the same

so im saying McNabb is a little better then brady but i will put manning brady and McNabb on the same step.

:huh: :unsure: :no: in each of the playoff games it look like buy the 2nd half the pats just pulls a USC and score more points

mcnabb_donovan102301.jpgbrady_tom_120201.jpg

McNabb gets sacked more because he's trying to become something he isn't naturally, a pure pocket qb. Monday night he could have run at least four or five times and he didn't. Instead, he held on to the ball too long and either got hit hard or was forced to throw it away. When you only have T.O. as a seirous receiving threat (along with Westbrook but the Falcons shut him down the whole second half pretty much) and T.O. is not being given anyhting deep you have to realize that you have to scramble a bit. McNabb started this last year and that's why he gets sacked more he holds on to the ball longer trying to find options that aren't there. Apparently he think that jsut because T.O. came he had to change his style of qb'ing. Before Vick McNabb was the next Steve Young but the last two years he has moved away from that and I think it has hurt him.

Brady doesn't get sacked because he runs through his progressions so quickly that he can be at his fourth or fifth option before he feels any pressure. Look at the stats. Against Oakland Brady had completions to EIGHT different receivers. McNabb had six but one of them was to a guy (Josh Parry) for 1, yes ONE yard and another guy had one reception of seven yards (Reggie Brown). Brady is a better field general than McNabb. And he's better than Peyton, too. Until Peyton can figure out New England Brady's better. Brady has dissected every defense he's faced. You ask me to pick a Qb to start a team with (and not a fantasy team that just counts stats becuase in real football it's not stats but winning that ultimately matters) I'm taking Brady. The guy wins. He's composed, even under pressure. And he delivers the ball to whoever he has to. And let's not forget, Brady is New England's only superstar on offense (well now Corey Dillon is added but Brady has no Pro-Bowl receivers). Manning has a TON of weapons. McNabb has Owens and Westbrook (and his own feet if he remembers how to use them).

That host is an idiot if he wanted to argue McNabb and Manning are better than Brady. I'd be willing to grant same level maybe but I'd take Brady any day over the other two.

O and my point about McNabb not running. Jason Whitlock observed the same thing Monday night so I'm not delusional lol. In fact, he basiucally says exactly what I did but I swear I thought about this before reading it from him lol. On Monday night I was thnking it watching him have enormous running lanes and refusing to exploit them.

You can blame McNabb's unwillingness to run on his bruised chest. I don't. McNabb has spent the past two years trying to prove he's a pocket passer, not a mad scrambler. It's a mistake. The evidence of McNabb's error was all over Philly's Monday night loss to the Falcons, who scored 14 points because Michael Vick was effective on several designed running plays.

McNabb threw the ball 45 times. He was credited with one rush, which really wasn't a run. McNabb can run the football damn near as well as Vick; McNabb was the second coming of Steve Young. Had McNabb run the football three or four times, the Eagles wouldn't have settled for two 49-yard field-goal attempts, which David Akers missed. Had McNabb run, the Eagles would've scored at least 17 points, and they'd be 1-0. Source

but brady didnt win any super bowl by him self, it was a team brady is one of the best QBs right now. but the Pats O-line is one of the best and if you have a better oline you will look better, McNabb looks better to me when im looking at him play.

You can blame McNabb's unwillingness to run on his bruised chest. I don't

how can he say its not because of McNabbs bruised chest, i never had a bruised chest so i dont know how it feels but it most likely hurts alot.

Brady does what it takes to win he doesnt have be the play maker but just dont have INTs. look at T dilfer with the ravens his job was to not have INTs but when he had to be the play maker he plays bad.

The quote you took referred only to Monday night. I said that since last year McNabb hasn't run as much as he used to when he had the chances. Ever since he peaked in 2000 at 629 rushing yards, he has steadily declined. his attempts have declined as well each year since then. He went from 71 rushing attempts in 2003 to 41 in 2004 (almost cut in half). And comparing Tom Brady to Trent Dilfer is ridiculous. Brady not a playmaker?

2004 stats: 28 TDs 92.6 QB rating 3692 passing yards

He also led the league in TDs in 2002. SO, the comparison to Dilfer is absolutely ridiculous. I'm pretty sure the Ravens scored more points on defense and special teams in the Super Bowl against the Giants than the offense. NOT the case with the Pats. Brady doesn't just NOT make mistakes he leads winning drives. Did it against the Rams, Carolina, and the Eagles. McNabb, on the other hand, COULDN'T do it agianst tha Pats. And McNabb is at his playmaking best when he scrambles. Again, he is trying to make himself a pure pocket passer and it's dumb.

Again, personally I'd take Brady to start a team with over ANY other QB right now. I'm not dissing McNabb but putting him and Peyton above Brady is just ridiculous, IMO.

Edited by bigbluepride35

And comparing Tom Brady to Trent Dilfer is ridiculous. Brady not a playmaker?

yea i agree with that kinda brady is alot better then dilfer.

And McNabb is at his playmaking best when he scrambles. Again, he is trying to make himself a pure pocket passer and it's dumb.

last year he had TO and TO can make bigger plays then McNabb and after McNabb got hurt he looked slower in turnning on the run(if he gets hurt the team will lose).

but what im saying is that brady is good and im not tring to take anything away from him but in the 4th qt. 2:00 most good QB can get a TD. in the super bowl the pats D stopped the eagles offence not brady.

Wow. Why the hell is Baltimore throwing the ball 40+ times? No wonder why they're getting killed.

And man, Carnell Williams is really a stud. That was a good defense he ran over today with the Bills.

After todays game I will just say: Whoever who says than Roethlisberger is not mature, is insane, easy as that! Yeah, The Texans are not the best team, but their defense is quite capable. And this week we saw that the Titans are not a punny team, beating the best defense in the league, son last week victory over the Titans was not luck. Big Ben is for real.

In another note: Carnel Williams is awesome.