HELP! My dog just ate a condom!

As the subject says, my 1 year old Jack Russell Terrier just ate a condom out of the trash. What should I do? Will he just poop it out, do I need to induce vomiting? It's Saturday night so the vet is closed, I'm looking everywhere on the net for advice. I'd call my girlfriends dad who is a dog expert but... well... the condom had to come from somewhere, right!?

Help!

Edit: My dog did actually eat a condom, but I already called a vet, I'm just looking to see if anyone on the forums has had this happen to them before.

Edit2: Called the Vet, he laughed his ass off, then had me get him to puke it up.

As the subject says, my 1 year old Jack Russell Terrier just ate a condom out of the trash. What should I do? Will he just poop it out, do I need to induce vomiting? It's Saturday night so the vet is closed, I'm looking everywhere on the net for advice. I'd call my girlfriends dad who is a dog expert but... well... the condom had to come from somewhere, right!?

Help!

586408119[/snapback]

Well, if he didn't choke on it, he'll probably **** it out just fine.

If your that worried, call, and simply say it was a peice of plastic wrap or something.

call the girlfriends dad and say he swalloed a balloon, same thing.

586408135[/snapback]

The problem is, my dog goes over there all the time to play with their dog, and poops in the back yard. Damn, I've really worked myself into a pickel.

Man, I don't even know what to suggest! There has got to be a 24hr vetrinarian service somewhere. Check your phonebook yellowpages. There's usually one. If you care about the dog THAT much, call the g'fs father.... just duck and cover once he finds out what it is ;)

it never fails to astound me how in such situations people turn to a forum instead of professional help. if you follow advice here and it goes awry then that's what you get. take the dog to a vet or pet hospital.

making it vomit could kill the dog, what method would you use?

586408140[/snapback]

Hydrogen Peroxide, the same thing I'd use if he ate chocolate. Harmless, just not much fun.

(I'm not ACTUALLY going to do what you guys tell me unless the vet does too... I'm not that stupid. Just making light of a funny but bad situation.)

Call a local er vet for advice. You don't need to take her in, just ask the person who answers the phone. Odds are it will pass through just fine...I mean come on...drug smugglers do really bad thing with balloons and most of them come out just fine, lol.

Don't panic. Just keep your dog at your home instead of your gf's.

I mean come on...drug smugglers do really bad thing with balloons and most of them come out just fine, lol.

586408164[/snapback]

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: (Y)

say your dog was at a friends house and he ate a condom there!!! that way you can cover yourself, sure it sounds a little strange but damn a dog eating a condom sounds stranger.

My dog has eaten parts of plastic bag and they just come out, my suggestion is feed it meat like hell, then keep it in your house until it poops it out so your GF's dad doesn't see it.

Edit: I wonder why your dog ate it? tasty perhaps ? :x this is why you should always flush these down the toilet no matter what they say :p

call the girlfriends dad and say he swalloed a balloon, same thing.

586408135[/snapback]

same thing?! its been in the trash AND in...uh...yeah...

(I'm not ACTUALLY going to do what you guys tell me unless the vet does too... I'm not that stupid. Just making light of a funny but bad situation.)

586408158[/snapback]

well hmph :angry: ..lol

I've been waiting for a call back from the vet from the answering about it... sure is taking his sweet time.

unless the girl is under 18, just tell him the truth. that will show you have gonads to stand up and say "yes, i'm boning your daughter and my dog ate the used prophylactic!"

you could probably leave the first part out... i wouldn't worry about it. if you really like this girl it's a good thing -- that will open up lines of communication between you and him.

as for the dog... i dunno... people stuff condoms full of coke up dogs asses all the time sadly. the only time i think dogs die is if they burst with the cocaine... i think the latex is pretty harmless... but i've never eaten one :)