MLB Home Run Derby and All-Star Game

I too was dissapointed to see the game called early but the explanation from the magers is legitimate. Both managers were out of pitchers and it would not be fair to the 2 remaining pitcher's teams to keep them pitching for 3,4 or 5 more innings. Joe Torre said he didnt want to have to explain to the pitcher's manager why their ace pitched 5 innings during an All-Star game, and I can't blame him.

"LET THEM PLAY!"

that sucked..i don't think the managers wanted to stop the game..i'm sure they wanted to keep playing..but as usual, politics and economics of the game get in the way...fizzuck bug selig!

It sucked for me the most because I was at the game. :ermm:

They should have kept going... who cares, they could have just recycled the starting pitchers again by having each pitcher pitch one more inning. Would it have been that hard? definitely not. this is what makes baseball not fun anymore. :(

Oh well, football is coming up soon so I look forward to that. :D

I think the decision was very fair....to the players and the managers of other teams. Who want a million dollar top-shelf starter tearing his arm up after resting for hours. You DON'T go and put pitchers back in a game after they have rested. Complete lunacy but too bad for the fans. Did you not have fun anyway? I think if there wasn't an emminent strike the reaction would have been less harsh.

Originally posted by space monkey

I think the decision was very fair....to the players and the managers of other teams. Who want a million dollar top-shelf starter tearing his arm up after resting for hours. You DON'T go and put pitchers back in a game after they have rested. Complete lunacy but too bad for the fans. Did you not have fun anyway? I think if there wasn't an emminent strike the reaction would have been less harsh.

Did you watch Sportscenter?

It was too bad Konerko didn't win the derby...hometown hero. Slammin' Steroid Sammy came pretty close but he ran out of gas. I think Buehrle had a good performance for the All-Star game. It seems that the players still enjoy the whole sport itself...i.e. Bonds picking up Hunter after he robbed him. Not to diss anyone in paticular...but don't watch Sportscenter for two weeks and pretend you're a baseball professor...booya.