Lost iPod Mini CD

Question

Hi there, I have an ipod mini which belongs to a friend which I am trying to fix but i can't get it to connect to iTunes because the software CD that comes with the iPod has been lost.

Is there anywhere I can download the CD or is there any other way to obtain it? Eg someone sending the CD files to me?

Thanks in advance.

6 answers to this question

This is what you need: http://www.apple.com/ipod/download/

im positive that includes all the stuff you need

586486810[/snapback]

I have already downloaded that software, i think the purpose of it is to update the ipods firmwire. As far as i know i need the software that comes with the ipod on the CD so that i can register it to my computer.

Is there any way someone can zip their CD and send it to me through msn messenger or something?

The only software on the CD is the iPod updater mentioned above and itunes. You can download these from the apple website (updated versions too) and install both of them. They will allow you to setup the ipod on the computer without the CD. Trust me I just did it.

The only software on the CD is the iPod updater mentioned above and itunes. You can download these from the apple website (updated versions too) and install both of them. They will allow you to setup the ipod on the computer without the CD. Trust me I just did it.

586486890[/snapback]

me to until i just started using winamp lol

Hi there, I have an ipod mini which belongs to a friend which I am trying to fix but i can't get it to connect to iTunes because the software CD that comes with the iPod has been lost.

Is there anywhere I can download the CD or is there any other way to obtain it? Eg someone sending the CD files to me?

Thanks in advance.

586486802[/snapback]

right....belongs to a friend and cd got lost....sure!!

Anyway, just get iTunes....