[NCAAF] What games were you most surprised about?

ND is back

586491338[/snapback]

Let's not be too hasty now, lol. Wait to make that claim until they beat a REAL top 25 team, ie Michigan this week if they can pull that one off.

i wouldn't say the NC State D is THAT good.? they were about 28 or so in the nation last year.? like i said, i didn't hate on vick that much, as he played decent.? i will be hating soon though, when he loses a couple games;)? ;)

ACC weak?? Because all 3 of your top teams played pretty bad.? I've seen pop warner teams play better football than miami and florida st.? both those teams should be out of the top 25 (they both will be after they lose at least 2 each).? and the 2nd best team VaTech barely squeaked by an unranked NC St team.? and i'm not buying the "top defensive units" claim.? they are above average, but not top.

586491300[/snapback]

I believe last year they were ranked second or third in the nation...and they didn't lose anyone important to my knowledge. This year... preseason they were ranked #2 in the:yes:on. :yes:

I wouldn't judge the strength of a conference on 1 week of fo:Dball... :D

Edited by DreAming in DigITal

Let's not be too hasty now, lol. Wait to make that claim until they beat a REAL top 25 team, ie Michigan this week if they can pull that one off.

586491360[/snapback]

ah, he's a ND fan, what else would you expect. Every year they win one game, and claim they are "back". sucks to be living in the past, doesn't it? ;)

hell, i remember back in like 2000 or 2001, ND wins 2 or 3 games in a row, and next thing i saw in the newspapers was talk of a national championship.... :rofl:

I believe last year they were ranked second or third in the nation...and they didn't lose anyone important to my knowledge. This year... preseason they were ranked #2 in the nation.

586491524[/snapback]

according to who?

this is my reference: http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/stats/byteam...A_all&year=2004

nowhere near that high....

Well this is just going to spark that debate over which is a better measure of the best defense. When most rankings are done is is based on yards (NFL defenses are judged the sme way). Of course, some make the point that it's points that win the games so that should be the main criteria. Personally, I think points matter more but the way these things are ranked, it's done by yards.

/\ haha yea...I don't really wanna get into all that. :) Either way...My point is that they have a really good defense. I can see both arguements though...

hehe, yeah. i could bring up the miami florida st. game again, although it may induce vomiting. but yards definitely didn't win that game ;)

although cases can be made both ways.

either way, vatech played decent against a decent team. they still have a lot more to prove in my book.

hehe, yeah.  i could bring up the miami florida st. game again, although it may induce vomiting.  but yards definitely didn't win that game ;)

although cases can be made both ways.

either way, vatech played decent against a decent team.  they still have a lot more to prove in my book.

586491644[/snapback]

No your definately right that VaTech has alot to prove...I don't think people should be throwing them into the nation championship mix just yet (especially with an inexperienced QB), but I do think their current ranking is about right (I think Soloredd was disputing the ranking, saying it was a joke or something).

haha, poor illini....i was pullin for you though man. can't have rutgers be 2-0 against the big 10 :(

that was a damn exciting game.

i'd say tech is ranked about right. maybe a spot or 2 too high, but about right. florida st. is the team that is ranked way too high. personally i'd bump georgia and iowa above them, as they have the experienced QBs i was talking about. but at this point in the season, does it really matter?

you guy need to respect the WAC, Fresno state is going to be very good this year(they just cant beat Bosie state) even with david carr.

586498341[/snapback]

I was glad to see Fresno State bitch slap University of Virginia in the Bowl game last year...good work :laugh:

Pitt sucks, I don't understand how they were ranked. How could they be losing to Ohio?

BroChaos, its ok that Nebraksa isn't ranked; we like to upset teams like yours and make it up top ;)

hehe, to have an upset though, you actually need to BEAT that good time....which for the past 3 or 4 years just hasn't been happening ;)

you gotta be careful...don't wanna fall into that ND mentality :)

Weekend predictions;

Michigan (3) loses to Notre Dame (20)

Texas (2) stomps Ohio State (4)

and

Arizona St. (15) upsets LSU (5)

586505533[/snapback]

are you in the weekly picks?

so far i got 9 right....c'mon texas c'mon...please , but if they do lose check out this funny pattern.

ABC is the upset channel.

Oklahoma Loses to TCU

Michigan falls to ND

Iowa loses to iowa state

then Texas loses to Ohio state

all 4 games would be upsets of top 10 teams, all 4 on ABC..

so far i got 9 right....c'mon texas c'mon...please , but if they do lose check out this funny pattern.

ABC is the upset channel.

Oklahoma Loses to TCU

Michigan falls to ND

Iowa loses to iowa state

then Texas loses to Ohio state

all 4 games would be upsets of top 10 teams, all 4 on ABC..

586507354[/snapback]

Sorry to disappoint you, but Texas ended up winning :yes: