Neowin's Official UEFA Champions League 2005/06

Who do you think will triumph this time?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will triumph this time?

• Chelsea
    • Arsenal
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Milan
    • Juventus
    • Internazionale
    • Barcelona
    • Real Madrid
    • Other

Hardly jealous, they are boring in their football, and nothing you said there said they played exciting football. Yes, they score, but we all love that long ball over the top, don't we?

586600373[/snapback]

Man, i'd almost think you were a Man Utd fan! (Checks profile...) Ah and you are!!

Long ball over the top?? yeah that direct ball from defence to strikers eliminating the midfiled is a killer... i mean you're right, Lampard, Makelele, Essien, Duff and Robben must be standing around all day doing nothin... (are you watchin somethin else from the rest of Britain??) :huh: jeez get the red tinted glasses off young man, grow up and admit they're the best (just like the great Sir Alex has done) :sleep:

Frank Lampard (Midfielder!!) has most passes this season so far, with 427 passes, and an 84% success rate. They have had 87 shots on goal (most in the premiership) with 43 on target (most in the premiership) etc. etc. etc.

Not bad for boring long ball play eh? :shifty:

( courtesy of OPTA http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=25...ports_home_page )

Edited by scofo76

Man, i'd almost think you were a Man Utd fan! (Checks profile...) Ah and you are!!

Long ball over the top?? yeah that direct ball from defence to strikers eliminating the midfiled is a killer... i mean you're right, Lampard, Makelele, Essien, Duff and Robben must be standing around all day doing nothin... (are you watchin somethin else from the rest of Britain??)  :huh:  jeez get the red tinted glasses off young man, grow up and admit they're the best (just like the great Sir Alex has done)  :sleep:

Frank Lampard (Midfielder!!) has most passes this season so far, with 427 passes, and an 84% success rate. They have had 87 shots on goal (most in the premiership) with 43 on target (most in the premiership) etc. etc. etc.

Not bad for boring long ball play eh?  :shifty: 

( courtesy of OPTA http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=25...ports_home_page )

586600670[/snapback]

I'm not claiming that chelsea are a long ball team...however, Iwill say that a couple of years ago, i WANTED to watch Arsenal play football, they were simply awesome. They were dominating the league, and their brand of play was spellbinding. How many people can truly say that they WANT to watch chelsea and that their football is even close to being as good as arsenal's was?

Chelsea are buying their way to titles, there is no real passion (Terry and Lampard excluded) in their play, and they certainly are not exciting to watch.

COME ON YOU REDS

I'm not claiming that chelsea are a long ball team...however, Iwill say that a couple of years ago, i WANTED to watch Arsenal play football, they were simply awesome.  They were dominating the league, and their brand of play was spellbinding.  How many people can truly say that they WANT to watch chelsea and that their football is even close to being as good as arsenal's was?

Chelsea are buying their way to titles, there is no real passion (Terry and Lampard excluded) in their play, and they certainly are not exciting to watch.

COME ON YOU REDS

586608506[/snapback]

Well this is clearly insane jealousy by everyone who is anti Chelsea, can't handle the fact that they're running the show again. I don't support any premiership team in particular, i just saying what i see. I truly do hope some other teams can close the gap on Chelsea, and make a bit of competition at the top, but to say that there is no real passion in their play, and they're not exciting to watch is completely ludicrous imo.

Anyway this is a Champions League thread and it's going off track.

Edited by scofo76

Matchday 3 Fixtures:

Tuesday 18 October:

A Bayern Munich v Juventus

A Rapid Vienna v Club Brugge

B Ajax v FC Thun

B Sparta Prague v Arsenal

C Panathinaikos v Barcelona

C Udinese v Werder Bremen

D Manchester United v Lille

D Villarreal v Benfica

Wednesday 19 October:

E Fenerbahce v Schalke 04

E Milan AC v PSV Eindhoven

F Lyon v Olympiakos

F Real Madrid v Rosenborg

G Anderlecht v Liverpool

G Chelsea v Real Betis

H FC Porto v Internazionale

H Rangers v Artmedia Bratislava

Matchday 3 sees us coming up to the halfway point of the group stages, with the match of the week undoubtedly being the Group A clash between Bayern Munich and Juventus, two teams who will be expecting to go all the way in the tournament. :)

But the fact is, Chelsea DO win every game, unlike Arsenal, Liverpool and Man Utd :

How the 4 teams are doing in the Premiership at the moment:

Chelsea -: Played 7, Won 7, Drawn , Lost , Scored 14, Conceded 1

Man Utd -: Played 6, Won 3, Drawn 2, Lost 1, Scored 7, Conceded 3

Arsenal -: Played 6, Won 3, Drawn 1, Lost 2, Scored 9, Conceded 4

Liverpool-: Played 5, Won 1, Drawn 4, Lost , Scored 3, Conceded 2

So Chelsea don't actually go out to win every game? I think not...

Chelsea boring? I think not... they are ahead on all the stats, and they don't lie. Like they're all saying now, everyone's jealous of their success. Still a long way to go, but Chelsea have been fantastic up to now.

586596277[/snapback]

Arsenal have won 4.

Well this is clearly insane jealousy by everyone who is anti Chelsea, can't handle the fact that they're running the show again.

586608576[/snapback]

Again?! :o I never knew they ever had, unless the did when man had not created a certain time era :shifty: :rofl:

I'm not too fussed at the end of the day, as they win their games. That is the point, after all.

Chelsea of course :p being a chelsea fan im obviously not being at all biased in picking us to win it :whistle:

and before any of you lot start calling me a glory-hunter/tag-along ive supported them for about 8 years cos my dad bullied me into supporting them, him having supported them all his life. And i hate all the chelsea tag-alongs weve picked up as much as the next person havent bin able to get a single ticket since Abromovich toodled along :no:

and to anyone who thinks we're playing boring football did you not watch us woop liverpools asses today :D in particular duff's goal

I think Ac or Barca this year, although i may be bitter after todays dissapoint results for the reds, i still think that any team with the budget chelsea have can win.

People say they didnt buy the premiership....yes you did....you dont even need a manager, all the players are so good that they dont need one..

Anyway, AC or Barca, to win

Arsenal wont get far

United will go out after group stages

Liverpool (wahey) will get to Quarters or maybe semis

Rangers might JUST qualify

Champions Of Europe

Champions Of Europe

Champions Of Europe

We Are The Champions Of Europe

FIVE TIMES, eat that Chelski

People say they didnt buy the premiership....yes you did....you dont even need a manager, all the players are so good that they dont  need one..

586611171[/snapback]

im not a Chelsea fan but dude, u cant "buy" a football league! specially premiership. and yes, they do need a manager... Mourinho didnt lead FC Porto to glory with top players.

look at Real Madrid, they have excellent players, but they dont win every game...

anyway ManUtd was bought too buy some american guy (i cant remember his name right now).

and to anyone who thinks we're playing boring football did you not watch us woop liverpools asses today?:DD? in particular duff's goal

586609981[/snapback]

You were very lucky. A pen and two mistakes. You only scored one goal by yourselves.

Why is it that Chel$ki get lots of penalties when they are not even clear cut, but Liverpool have about 10 valid appears turned down? Bought the referee as well I see.

Im not "bitter" but I would much rather have won the European Cup five times in incredible fashion, than win the it for the next five years in a row with a massive cheque book.

Even if you match Liverpool's success of 18 league titles and 5 European Cups, and countless other trophies. It will never be looked upon the same.

I think Ac or Barca this year, although i may be bitter after todays dissapoint results for the reds, i still think that any team with the budget chelsea have can win.

People say they didnt buy the premiership....yes you did....you dont even need a manager, all the players are so good that they dont  need one..

Anyway, AC or Barca, to win

Arsenal wont get far

United will go out after group stages

Liverpool (wahey) will get to Quarters or maybe semis

Rangers might JUST qualify

Champions Of Europe

Champions Of Europe

Champions Of Europe

We Are The Champions Of Europe

FIVE TIMES, eat that Chelski

586611171[/snapback]

HAHAHAHAHAHA jeez your clearly posting just for the humour aspect. I've never heard so much garbage in all my life! Back to school young man, and come back when you know about football.

You were very lucky. A pen and two mistakes. You only scored one goal by yourselves.

Why is it that Chel$ki get lots of penalties when they are not even clear cut, but Liverpool have about 10 valid appears turned down? Bought the referee as well I see.

Im not "bitter" but I would much rather have won the European Cup five times in incredible fashion, than win the it for the next five years in a row with a massive cheque book.

Even if you match Liverpool's success of 18 league titles and 5 European Cups, and countless other trophies. It will never be looked upon the same.

586613658[/snapback]

LOL and here's another one who has to hark back to the past, a clear sign of jealousy. And you don't think the Chelsea penalty yesterday was clear cut?? You're another one who should get the red tinted glasses off, grow up, and admit you were ceremoniously pumped by the far superior team.

Anyone who doesn't have anything sane to say, like the two i have quoted, please don't post. You're wasting your time, plus as i said before this is a Champions League thread. If you wanna talk premiership, open up a new thread by all means.

But please stop, i'm dying laughing :laugh:

586613658[/snapback]

4-1 and you say it was lucky?! LOOOL, OMG! Talking about bad loosing... Oh well :laugh:

"Massive cheque book"? ROTFL! I wonder when Manchester United was (or still is, whatever) the richest Football club in the world and was buying all those great players. And how about Real Madrid with all those "superstars"??? Are they winning anything?! Come on, stop making excuses! Don't be ridiculous!

Chelsea has the best manager in the world. Mourinho rules you all!! And there's nothing you can do about it, he he he :p :devil:

LOL and here's another one who has to hark back to the past, a clear sign of jealousy. And you don't think the Chelsea penalty yesterday was clear cut?? You're another one who should get the red tinted glasses off, grow up, and admit you were ceremoniously pumped by the far superior team.

586615016[/snapback]

Chelsea will win the league, they are the best team by far, as any team with a good manager and an unlimited bank account and a decent board should be. Chelsea are virtually guaranteed to win the league this season, I will be very surprised if they dont.

I dont think they will win the Champions League though ;)

Anyone who doesn't have anything sane to say, like the two i have quoted, please don't post. You're wasting your time, plus as i said before this is a Champions League thread. If you wanna talk premiership, open up a new thread by all means.

But please stop, i'm dying laughing?:laugh::

586615016[/snapback]

My understanding was that Neowin is a place to express a mixture of fact and opinion on matters, as well as being a place to post help for people who need it. What you have said is only critisism and bears no actual arguments to backup your opinion.

So basically what was the point of your post apart from slating two people? :huh::

Er... i think all the critisism has come from you, and please don't accuse me of slating people when i'm not, i'm just pointing out that what you said was absolute rubbish. You're right, Neowin is a place to express opinions and discuss those opinions, but how can we discuss your opinion that you have made?? Not seriously that's for sure.

But as far as accusing me of slating people, you really don't want to go there young man, not with me.

Thank you.

Now can we PLEASE get back to the Champions League. :)

Edited by scofo76

586613658[/snapback]

in new light of martyns evidence i fell that liverpool were robbed.....btw he is rite bout chelsea wif the cheque stuff.....

in new light of martyns evidence i fell that liverpool were robbed.....btw he is rite bout chelsea wif the cheque stuff.....

586624071[/snapback]

You shoulda seen the game Deuz, trust me, it was a definite penalty, anyone who says it wasn't is crazy, even the Liverpool defender (Traore) didn't complain, he had the look of a guilty man straight away. Even critics in the media who usually pan Chelsea admitted that they were superb on Sunday. And as for the money thing, like Ian said previously it hasn't done Real Madrid any good, you can have all the money in the world but the team still has to play together like a unit, and Chlesea have shown they can do that.

These comments about 'buying the referee' are completely ludicrous! This is the calls of people who just can't handle the fact that Chelsea are the superior team at the moment. I'm pretty sure if the shoe was on the other foot they wouldn't be saying these things, trust me.

It seems like we're all going to have to agree to disagree on this subject, now please can't we all just get along! :) :D

Money goes a long way in the world of football, but it isn't everything. It buys great talent, but that (individual) talent needs to be moulded into a good team. That is exactly what Jose Mourinho has done with Chelsea. Claudio Ranieri had the money, but he couldn't obtain the success.

Mourinho is a great coach and has utilised his money extremely well, for the most part "cough Drogba cough". Though a Man Utd. fan, I fully expect Chelsea to retain the Premiership trophy this season. The Champions League though, is a different matter altogether. It is highly unpredictable and the best team may not always emerge victors.

And Liverpool fans can't complain about the 4-1 drubbing at the hands of Chelsea. Penalty aside, if Liverpool wanted to win that match, they should have raised their game a notch or five.

You shoulda seen the game Deuz, trust me, it was a definite penalty, anyone who says it wasn't is crazy, even the Liverpool defender (Traore) didn't complain, he had the look of a guilty man straight away. Even critics in the media who usually pan Chelsea admitted that they were superb on Sunday. And as for the money thing, like Ian said previously it hasn't done Real Madrid any good, you can have all the money in the world but the team still has to play together like a unit, and Chlesea have shown they can do that.

These comments about 'buying the referee' are completely ludicrous! This is the calls of people who just can't handle the fact that Chelsea are the superior team at the moment. I'm pretty sure if the shoe was on the other foot they wouldn't be saying these things, trust me.

It seems like we're all going to have to agree to disagree on this subject, now please can't we all just get along!  :)  :D

586624168[/snapback]

Hey, I never said it was not a penalty! Because it was a penalty!

All I said was that, Liverpool have had more clearer appeals for a penalty than you have, we should have had about 6 penalties against you in the last 3 or 4 times we have played (excluding Sunday).

I agree that Mourinho is a great manager, and most people dont realise that you can have all the money but you want but you need a manager to utilise it and keep the squad together nicely. I like Mourinho's ruthless style, he makes people earn their wages and he doesnt let any of the players cry like babys. Unlike Madrid.

In my opinion a manager counts for about 6 good players. Benitez, Wenger, Ferguson and Mourinho are all good managers.

And as the for the keeping peace part......lets have a group hug :rofl: :cool: :woot:

It seems like we're all going to have to agree to disagree on this subject, now please can't we all just get along!  :)  :D

586624168[/snapback]

sure we all can get along, at least 'til the next matches :p :D