Neowin's Official UEFA Champions League 2005/06

Who do you think will triumph this time?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will triumph this time?

• Chelsea
    • Arsenal
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Milan
    • Juventus
    • Internazionale
    • Barcelona
    • Real Madrid
    • Other

i guess it's clear that bar?a is much better than chelsea and tonight they show which team playes the most beautiful soccer now

the cup will trip to spain this year

well i thought overall chelsea were the much better hard working team.

Barca to me didn't show that match, just little glimpes at the end.

People where raving on about Messi and i thought he didn't a too much of a good match and really didn't show to much.

Ronaldoinho again only showed some skill in the match.

Seems to me chelsea got the upper hand of the match and set it as a fast closeing down attacking match which barca couldn't handle and really limiting them.

Sadly players where getting tired at the end and since barca didn't have to much attacking they could do it at the end.

I hate chelsea alot but there were the better team and i hope my pompey get a goal or two in our next match against em.

Also if i was a coach i would really question the coaching of messi he's young and he really lays it on thick, to me that is just going to ruin part of his future, i would expect the likes of him to just get up and just play footy not laying on the ground sulking and acting.

I think both Arsenal (my team!) and Liv will progress. Chelsea will bow out. They lost at home while Barca have 2 away goals.

I must say though Del Horno was deserving of a red, a yellow would have sufficed. It was just a clumsy challenge.

I think both Arsenal (my team!) and Liv will progress. Chelsea will bow out. They lost at home while Barca have 2 away goals.

If that happens I will be delighted :D

I dont mind Arsenal, and I support Liverpool, but I hate Chelsea :p

Great match between Barca and Chelsea. Messi was fantastic for the first half hour. Ronaldinho was almost invisible until the last 20 minutes. Once Chelsea took the lead, Barca showed what they were really made of, non-stop assaults on the Chelsea goal. They deserved to win the match.

• 2 weeks later...

The first round of second-leg matches tonight saw Barcelona, Juventus and Villareal go through to the quarter-finals of the Champion's League, at the expense of Chelsea, Werder Bremen & Rangers.

Results:

Chelsea 1-1 Barcelona (2-3)

Juventus 2-1 Werder Bremen (4-4)

Rangers 0-0 Villareal (2-2)

Juve were really lucky to get through. If not for a goalie error, they would have been out. They and Villareal got through on the away goals rule.

Arsenal vs. Real Madrid and Liverpool vs. Benfica tomorrow. Another night with less sleep. Can't wait. :D

By the way the scores should be ...

Barcelona 1-1 Chelsea

Juve 2-1 W. Bremem

Villa Real 0-0 Rangers

(Both Barca and Villa Real were at home).

Anyways, watched the big game of the night. Chelsea very fortunate with that late penalty. Terry looked offside, and also wasn't even fouled. Good to see Barca progress, that Ronaldinho is a class player.

Watched Barcelona - Chelsea tonight, Barca deserved to win again. Its easy to say neither of both teams went out on an attacking style. But overall the Barca defence and midfield did well to stop Chealsea?s players playing their game. Ronaldinho was once again brilliant with his moves:)).

I saw J?se's look on his face it was like *50million for Ronahdinho*.

Better luck in the Champions Leauge next year I say.

Jos?...

Ronaldinho...:whistle:e: And he will not be able to buy Ronaldinho:shifty:y:

Ahhh....finally Chelsea is out of the Champions League. It was always going to be difficult for Chelsea to win the match a goal down on aggregate.

By the way the scores should be ...

Barcelona 1-1 Chelsea

Juve 2-1 W. Bremem

Villa Real 0-0 Rangers

(Both Barca and Villa Real were at home).

Anyways, watched the big game of the night. Chelsea very fortunate with that late penalty. Terry looked offside, and also wasn't even fouled. Good to see Barca progress, that Ronaldinho is a class player.

Villa Real 0-0 Rangers incorrect it was 1-1

nice to see Chelsea and their wonderfully exciting style of play out.

I can see Chelsea manager leaving at the end of the season and the chairman buying Barcelona.

Edited by leesmithg