Neowin's Official UEFA Champions League 2005/06

Who do you think will triumph this time?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will triumph this time?

• Chelsea
    • Arsenal
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Milan
    • Juventus
    • Internazionale
    • Barcelona
    • Real Madrid
    • Other

good idea.

merged.

now, i watched some game on espn last night, arsenal vs. real? i think. anyways, what does 1-0 aggregate mean? cuz the score ended 0-0.

Yeah, why wasn't this just put in the UEFA thread that already exists? And wow Filippo Inzaghi is on FIRE! Forza Milan and I hope Lippi sees through his unexplainable loyalty to Vieri and drops him from the national team in favor of Pippo for the World Cup.

It has been now, you have your wish :)

good idea.

merged.

now, i watched some game on espn last night, arsenal vs. real? i think. anyways, what does 1-0 aggregate mean? cuz the score ended 0-0.

Yes Arsenal played Real Madrid last night.

At this stage of the Champions League (also known as the European Cup), the teams play each other twice. The 1-0 on aggregate you were referring to is the score from the first game they played. But as the game finished 0-0 and it was 1-0 on aggregate to Arsenal, Arsenal where the ones that went through.

good idea.

merged.

Martyn pretty much said all that needed. But just to further your soccer education :p: They basically play a home-and-home BroChaos and the combined score of the two matches is what matters. For the rest of the tournament that's how it is, until the championship game which is just one game at neither team's home but in a neutral place. And if the aggregate score ends up being tied they look at who scored more goals away. So if Arsenal won the first game 1-0 (which they did) but Real had won last night by say 2-1 (in England) then the aggregate would have been 2-2 but Real would have advanced on away goals. If both of those are tied they go to a half hour of OT and if no goals are scored there it's off to a shootout.

Apart from the Milan game, that was one hella boring round.

All the English teams should be out. Arsenal without Henry don't look like scoring, a better team will take him out of the game and then they're screwed.

Apart from the Milan game, that was one hella boring round.

All the English teams should be out. Arsenal without Henry don't look like scoring, a better team will take him out of the game and then they're screwed.

you must've been :sleep: .

The 0-0 Arsena-Real game was damn exciting.

I find it odd that this topic isn't stickied, when all the stickied topics have less posts than this one.

since i'm all about granting wishes in this thread....

stickied.

Hey BroChaos: You mean ESPN is showing UEFA soccer? When and where? I have directv, would i be able to catch some games?

They usually show ONE match each matchday, usually featuring a British team. It's on espn2 and normally live. If you have deportes you can have an option of 2 and at night they show tape delays. But espn2 shows only one per matchday, at best.

i jus hope barcelona hammer the **** out of benfica :angry: ..........yes im a liverpool supporter

I want Barcelona to win the Champions League, mainly because the football they play is simply breathtaking. They are a credit to the game.

Benfica did well against Liverpool, every Liverpool fan recognises this and that is why we applauded them like we did to our own team. They put out Man Utd so there is no reason to hate them that much!

I want Barcelona to win the Champions League, mainly because the football they play is simply breathtaking. They are a credit to the game.

Benfica did well against Liverpool, every Liverpool fan recognises this and that is why we applauded them like we did to our own team. They put out Man Utd so there is no reason to hate them that much!

i supppose

i now want Barca ftw..... :)

• 2 weeks later...
Will be exiting to see the reception Viera gets at Highbury. The best sight will be Henry zooming past Viera on the pitch

And Henry did exactly that :D

2-0 to the Arsenal :)