Neowin's Official UEFA Champions League 2005/06

Who do you think will triumph this time?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will triumph this time?

• Chelsea
    • Arsenal
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Milan
    • Juventus
    • Internazionale
    • Barcelona
    • Real Madrid
    • Other

Arsenal were totally outplayed last night, and Villarreal had several chances to win the game (Forlan practically missed an open goal which made me laugh). But credit must be given to Arsenal, they beat Real and Juventus who are two top teams, in the Juventus game in particular they played some very nice football.

I think it is perhaps fate that has brought Arsenal this far. Liverpool must of acted as an insperation to them. It's is Arsenal's last season at Highbury as well which is also nice. There are several similarities between Liverpool and Arsenal's campain in the Europe. For example last season Liverpool were underperforming in the league and there were all rumours that Gerrard was going to leave, but fate was on our side as thier were a lot of strange coincidences. This season Arsenal find themselves in the same situation, they are underperforming in the league and Henry may leave (although I hope he does not). It would also be kind of ironic if AC Milan face Arsenal in the final.

I would just like to say that Thierry Henry earned a lot of respect in my book last night, he congratulated Steven Gerrard for winning the PFA Player Award and also said that he had acted as an insperation towards him and Arsenal. The guy is a true world class footballer and a true professional. Personally, I think that Arsenal will deffinately be the underdogs in Paris but the underdogs have in the past won. Good luck to them as I would prefer Arsenal to win the Champions League than Man Utd or Chelsea.

does anywhere in the uk have the Barcelona Milan match on the radio? I don't have sky so can't watch it, I can't believe it isn't on the radio anywhere?

does anywhere in the uk have the Barcelona Milan match on the radio? I don't have sky so can't watch it, I can't believe it isn't on the radio anywhere?

It might be on Five Live, take a look on the BBC website.

It might be on Five Live, take a look on the BBC website.

five live is the liverpool game, i tried five live xtra and it isn't on there and not on talksport either. must be some stupid television deal conflict.

• 2 weeks later...

lol yes it does, all we need now is this poll to be made into two choices: Arsenal and Barcelona, and our predictions, ill start.

I hope

Arsenal 2-1 Barcelona :p

Barcelona, fo' shizzle 2-1 :D :D

by the way,Krpano, from what site is your avatar? i've been looking it for days...

Edited by Tha1

UEFA Champions League final assistant referee Ole Hermann Borgan has apologised for being pictured in a Barcelona shirt.

Doubts have been raised over Borgan's suitability to officiate in Wednesday's final between Arsenal and Barcelona after a Norwegian newspaper printed a picture of Borgan wearing a Barcelona jersey.

The picture has caused a storm in Norway because of fears over Borgan's impartiality.

Borgan has admitted he has been foolish in wearing a shirt of one of the teams in the final, but he is adamant he will still do a professional job in Paris.

"This was actually a bit stupid of me, I didn't think first," said Borgan. "Something like that shouldn't take place.

"Regardless, I will do a decent job in the final, to make sure that neither side have doubts about me."

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=38...for+Barca+gaffe

Haha!!

Apparently, the press asked had he the shirts of either team, he said he had both. They asked him to put them on and he went to look but could only find his Barca one, the press said put it on anyway. They then took pictures like that and well, the rest is obvious.

Wow.. it's tomorrow!

I don't know but I'm feeling bad and antecipating lot of problems in the game.. I think Arsenal can null completely both Ronaldo and Etoh..

Will be a great game.

UEFA Champions League final assistant referee Ole Hermann Borgan has apologised for being pictured in a Barcelona shirt.

Doubts have been raised over Borgan's suitability to officiate in Wednesday's final between Arsenal and Barcelona after a Norwegian newspaper printed a picture of Borgan wearing a Barcelona jersey.

The picture has caused a storm in Norway because of fears over Borgan's impartiality.

Borgan has admitted he has been foolish in wearing a shirt of one of the teams in the final, but he is adamant he will still do a professional job in Paris.

"This was actually a bit stupid of me, I didn't think first," said Borgan. "Something like that shouldn't take place.

"Regardless, I will do a decent job in the final, to make sure that neither side have doubts about me."

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=38...for+Barca+gaffe

Haha!!

Apparently, the press asked had he the shirts of either team, he said he had both. They asked him to put them on and he went to look but could only find his Barca one, the press said put it on anyway. They then took pictures like that and well, the rest is obvious.

haha, he's been replaced by UEFA already...

the game is on espn in the states, at 11:30am PST. what time is the game local time? 7:30pm?

It should be around 20:45. (Paris local time)

I didnt go to work today to watch it :D

I put the current score in spoiler tags in case someone is at work and is recording thee game or something...

Arsenal 1 Barcelona 0 after the 1st half

Edited by bayrider

Parreira sucks. Brazil will lost in Germany only because this ###### ignored Beletti and Alex.

Eat this Parreira: Belleti goal on Champions League FINAL. EAT THIS ****ing Corinthians Fanboy. :angry: :angry:

2-1 barcalona

shame, I'd love to have seen Arsenal win it. I don't think it went to the best team on the night, I honestly think they were 50-50 especially considering Arsenal went down to 10 men so early. ho hum, well done barca i guess.