[Review] iPod nano

is it worth getting a nano now? are they alrite with the scratches thing.. reason i ask is that i have the money but dont want to buy it knowing im going to have to send it back... so have shops in the UK restocked or anything?

thanks.

586626312[/snapback]

The scratches issue was said to only have affected less than 10% of iPod Nanos. So I think they're safe now. Also, if your iPod Nano has the scratch problem, they will replace the screen free of charge. :D

The scratches issue was said to only have affected less than 10% of iPod Nanos. So I think they're safe now. Also, if your iPod Nano has the scratch problem, they will replace the screen free of charge. :D

586627039[/snapback]

That's only if the screen is scratched up. Apple has no intentions of replacing your Nano free of charge if only the body is scratched.

The scratching is a deal breaker for me and how much thicker does the case makes it?

Yes BUY IT!

You don't need to wait, just make sure you get vinyl protection, not the Tubes, but just a thin layer type like a PDA screen protector but for the entire unit.

You can get them on eBay called the StickIt, and it wraps around the entire unit in one piece, with the click wheel exposed and a small round thing for the select button. This will protect the back, front (screen and the entire front), select button, and only cost a couple bucks. Better than the Tube cases I think, unless you like that style better, but I prefer the iPod naked as you can see the back nicely too. This with the lanyard headphones will ensure a non-scratched Nano and style ;)

586588515[/snapback]

I found the item on ebay, but is this product transparent? Or I will notice that there is something on the nano?

I found the item on ebay, but is this product transparent? Or I will notice that there is something on the nano?

586630214[/snapback]

Yes it's thin/transparent like a very thin sheet of plastic. There is no adhesive, it is static and it works really well and won't peel/come loose even on the edges with lots of usage.

post-56904-1128575227_thumb.jpg

That's only if the screen is scratched up. Apple has no intentions of replacing your Nano free of charge if only the body is scratched.

The scratching is a deal breaker for me and how much thicker does the case makes it?

586630196[/snapback]

It's if the screen cracks, cause that's the defect that happens to 10% of owners

The scratching happens to everyone, and apple's stance is to buy a case for it, they wont replace scratched nanos.

It's if the screen cracks, cause that's the defect that happens to 10% of owners

The scratching happens to everyone, and apple's stance is to buy a case for it, they wont replace scratched nanos.

586630321[/snapback]

Not nearly 10% of Nano's get cracked screens... the stats right now is only a tenth of 1%- yes that is .01% of Nano's have this problem and are reporting it to Apple. To say 10% is really putting it way out of proportion. Scratching does not happen to everybody. It really depends on how you handle your Nano, as many people have claimed no or little scratching. If you know it's going to scratch you just have to take the precautions needed, because there is nothing wrong with the Nano's design.

Apple says a manufacturing problem has left screens on one batch vulnerable to cracks and is offering replacements.

It says the problem affects fewer than a tenth of 1% of all Nanos shipped.

Yes it's thin/transparent like a very thin sheet of plastic. There is no adhesive, it is static and it works really well and won't peel/come loose even on the edges with lots of usage.

586630317[/snapback]

Why don't you just let us know how it's like after you receive your nano and StickIt? I'll decide when you post a review/preview.

Why don't you just let us know how it's like after you receive your nano and StickIt? I'll decide when you post a review/preview.

586633426[/snapback]

Sure. I already have my StickIt, it's just my Nano is taking forever to ship across the line and there were tons of delays getting it to me. I posted a picture of the StickIt above in my post you can look at it, it's just a static transparent sheet of plastic that's it. But I'll definately post back with pictures of it with my Nano and a full review and possible video ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I have a Nano for 3 weeks now but I'm waiting already 4 weeks for my Ipod Nano tubes.. I so hate that :angry: .. cause I don't use it outside now because I'm afraid for the scratches.. More people are waiting for the tubes?

• 2 weeks later...

uhh yeah just got one AMAZING. Never knew it could be so small. Got it in black, I wont be putchasing any tubes or anything. Its going to be in my pocket (jean cloth) or dock at all times.

hey that was a wicked review! i used to have a iPod nano... and i loved it! i totally agree with your review and they are a great buy... but i had to buy a iPod video as i couldnt resist the fact to be able to watch my fav' music videos on it! hehe :rofl:

• 2 months later...

Its a good little device. THe only thing that bugs me is I can't create seperate folders in the nano, I have to put all the music into the "library" and just it just allows you to make ceperate playlists.

Nice review my man!

Its a good little device. THe only thing that bugs me is I can't create seperate folders in the nano, I have to put all the music into the "library" and just it just allows you to make ceperate playlists.

so whats the difference?

Nice review my man!

so whats the difference?

I don't want all my music in the library all mixed up, I want a folder for say harry potter book 6, not 129 tracks in 1 folder cuz what happens when I get a different book, is it gonna mix all the tracks I have with the other 129, yes I can create a play list, but not allowing me to to create folders and only allowing me to let itunes organize my music is very applely of them. its a 2 gig $200 mp3 player, I would expect alittle bit more control than that.

Edited by warwagon

make sure the audiobook tracks have can be uniquely identified with something in their meta tags, then create a smartplaylist to include everything but tracks tagged with "Audiobook" or similar.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...