Who are hell are NCO Financial Services?

I received a damn letter from these people demading 'overdue debt' of $225.85? What for? I didn't spend anything over eBay since the creditor is listed as paypal inc. I have no idea what this is for but I am contacting them first thing in the morning tomorrow!

:angry:

Note: I try to log into my old paypal account but I get an error message that its locked. Do they suspect I am doing fraudulent activity? This is bull****

sounds like something you've purchased has been turned over to a collections agency

586531471[/snapback]

Thats is corect. But also in the letter it should have stated who they were collecting for, not just the amount. It does not have to state for what the charges are for that would be through who they are collecting for.

Trilaeris: hmm, well to provide you better insight this is what I did:

I had an old paypal account that when I sold a basketball over eBay for 300USD it got transfered over to this account. I then transferred the money from this old account to the new paypal account I had created, and from this new account to my banking account. Now the charge in the letter is not equally the same - it is about $225USD so that is why I am a bit confuddled. Sounds like fraudulent activity to me

I am not owing Paypal anything because I have not done anything wrong - I have contacted Paypal and NCO in concern with this - and I will continue to do so

That means your buyer did a credit card charge back and the card company took the money from paypal and now they want it from you. Now either you didn't sell a product as described and the buyer was not satisfied or the buyer is a crook him/herself. If the buyer is the crook here tell NCO (a collection agency) to F off and tell them you won't pay a dime unless you get your product back and tell them to go ahead and do whatever ever they want. That much money won't hurt your credit history one bit. It won't affect if you can buy a car/house in the future. Just don't make a habbit of it.

No offense but "I had an old paypal account that when I sold a basketball over eBay for 300USD it got transfered over to this account. I then transferred the money from this old account to the new paypal account I had created, and from this new account to my banking account." would sound a little fraudulent to anybody because why would you create another paypal account? There's no need for it. I mean for hotmail OK, if you get flooded with spam but dealing with money, transferring from here to here to there, makes one raise an eyebrow.

NeoSigma: I did that because my old account was hanif@rogers.com and I wanted to start using my new hanif.b5@gmail.com email for everything (both accounts had exactly the same information anyway, including banking, home address, name, etc)

Here is the item information from Canada Post:

2005/04/22 12:43 Item successfully delivered to Receiver's address

2005/04/06 10:43 Item out for delivery

2005/03/23 18:13 International item has left the origin country

2005/03/23 05:07 International shipment dispatched from Canada

2005/03/21 08:09 MISSISSAUGA, ON Item accepted at the Post office

Now even if the buyer is not satified I cleared put in the eBay Ad: NO REFUNDS - doesn't this prevent him from getting a refund from paypal? Can I get a charged by the police if I do not pay up? Because I refuse not to.

Give ebay/paypal the tracking number to show that it has been delivered and find out why they want money from you. In any case my friend from highschool is a Peel Regional Police officer in Mississauga. If worse comes to worse I'll get him to pay your buyer a visit if you have his address. :laugh: Give him a bit of a scare. :p

Now even if the buyer is not satified I cleared put in the eBay Ad: NO REFUNDS - doesn't this prevent him from getting a refund from paypal? Can I get a charged by the police if I do not pay up? Because I refuse not to.

586531986[/snapback]

Not sure if it has anything to do with the listing being closed now, but i read the listing several times and couldn't find anywheres where is says no refunds?

Yes/No???? :unsure:

Tomcat68

The buyer does not reside in Mississauga - he lives in Colorado, USA if I recall ... whats the best buy to contact paypal? by phone or email?

That much money won't hurt your credit history one bit. It won't affect if you can buy a car/house in the future.

you living under a rock?

EVERYTHING large or small affects your credit report.

Agencies don't care if it's $200.00 or 2.00, if it shows up on a credit report then it knocks your credit scores down. AND they stay on your account for a very long time.

My advice, get it taken care of immediatley and have the collection agency remove it. from your credit report. IF you're lucky they will have it removed otherwise your credit score is going to suffer.

A credit score needs to stay in the 700 range to get good rates on anything you buy. Anything below a 700 then prepare to pay higher interest rates on cars, houses..whatever.

Not sure if it has anything to do with the listing being closed now, but i read the listing several times and couldn't find anywheres where is says no refunds?

Yes/No???? :unsure:

Tomcat68

586532066[/snapback]

look at the bottom near the questions:

Q: Since you say the card is Guaranteed Authentic, if I win, and the card is not Authentic, will you refund my money in full? Thanks

15-Mar-05

A: No refunds. I beleive it is authentic. I used the following site to determine whether it is or not; check it out: http://sportscardinvestormagazine.co...more

I also say "bid at you're own risk"

pickleman: man you got me worried I will try to deal with it tomorrow and post what happens

he didn't give me any feedback though - that doesn't mean **** if hes being a crook - so you don't think I got a good chance at this?

Man I have a problem to this very day where EBay owes me money and STILL gives me delay excuses, etc. Good luck with this, but you'll have an easier time talking to the President than anyone at EBay!

Spoke to someone at Paypal - they informed me that a claim was filed that the item was not received - however I provided them with the tracking # from Canada Post. They said they filed a complaint but they do not know if I have a strong case towards this since PayPal already refunded the buyer's money and I did not respond within the time frame (they had sent emails to my old email account thats why I never knew of such a notification)

I gotta give it till Monday to see what happens

you living under a rock?

Agencies don't care if it's $200.00 or 2.00, if it shows up on a credit report then it knocks your credit scores down. AND they stay on your account for a very long time.

My advice, get it taken care of immediatley and have the collection agency remove it. from your credit report. IF you're lucky they will have it removed otherwise your credit score is going to suffer.

A credit score needs to stay in the 700 range to get good rates on anything you buy. Anything below a 700 then prepare to pay higher interest rates on cars, houses..whatever.

586532104[/snapback]

Maybe I have, but at least I know how the world works. Paypal wanted around $250 from me as well from a buyer that did a charge back. I told both NCO and paypal to F off, really I did. Now they don't harass me with automated phone calls. And just recently Visa sent me a letter thanking me for being such a great customer when I've maybe paid interest on my purchases once or twice and they increased my credit limit by 1500 without me even asking; this is all after I told NCO to do their worst. I'm only 22 so like I said that much won't do anything because you have a lot of years to make it to make it up in good credit. Plus I asked for a copy of my credit report and there was nothing wrong with it at all. So maybe you need to join me under the rock.

you living under a rock?

586532104[/snapback]

It's only gonna hurt your credit IF its reported. Not all agencies report "payment history" to the credit bureaus. I had a court judgement for damages against me for $ 852.00, I never paid it and it never showed up on my credit, and here we are 5 years later and still nothing and I check my credit every 6 months. But it is a gamble you take though.

Paypal is going to investigate and I hope they do not instill the debt payment because its outrageous - I have proof he receiveed the item and he is claiming he hasn't