AutoPatcher XP September 2005

I have this error installing autopatcher, what should I do?

586549318[/snapback]

I get "Run-time error '429'. ActiveX component can't create object. Too bad lots of traffic has been spent...

Hi everyone,

can anybody tell me: what is the time frame for the different AutoPatcher XP editions, I mean which is after Windows XP with no SP, + SP1 and +SP2. And :Do I need to keep old versions, or every new file contains the information from the previous ones.

Regards

Is it me or are some of the patches double on mine they are showing twice

586551156[/snapback]

With the August release of AutoPatcher the previous files were deleted automatically. The entire directory was deleted, including your own files. If you installed AutoPatcher in your "download" directory and use the August Release everything in that directory was deleted.

The september release doesn't do that anymore. Now you have to delete the previous version yourself. If you didn't do that, then you can get some results as you said above.

note: this only happens with renamed modules!

Alt. URL:

AutoPatcher XP September 2005 Full

http://download.9down.com/AutoPatcher_XP_Sept05_ENU_Full-[www.9down.com].rar
http://files.9down.com:8080/AutoPatcher_XP_Sept05_ENU_Full-[www.9down.com].rar

AutoPatcher XP September 2005 LiTE

http://files.9down.com:8080/AutoPatcher_XP_Sept05_ENU_Lite-[www.9down.com].rar
http://download.9down.com/AutoPatcher_XP_Sept05_ENU_Lite-[www.9down.com].rar

note: this only happens with renamed modules!

586552047[/snapback]

What do you mean?

My download from Softpedia came as AutoPatcher_XP_Sept05_ENU_Full.exe

Shall I rename it somehow before running?

What do you mean?

My download came as http://download.softpedia.ro/software/OS%2...05_ENU_Full.exe

Shall I rename it somehow before running?

586552113[/snapback]

@tomcat2821

When a module is renamed like this one "wmp10_enu.amc_files" renamed to "wmp10_xp_enu.amc_files" the you will see this one twice in AutoPatcher if you didn't delete the previous version.

then you could see this title "Windows Media Player 10" twice in AutoPatcher.

@Dmitry71

TIP; delete the previous version first! ( AutoPatcher's installation folder )

And you don't need to rename the download.

@Dmitry71

TIP; delete the previous version first! ( AutoPatcher's installation folder )

And you don't need to rename the download.

586552139[/snapback]

Sorry, won't help - I am not that illiterate to install the new one "over" the previous one. Nor do I like this huge pile of installation files, which are not necessary after patching, to occuly my disk space. I always delete the Autopatcher Folder after installation.

Any other ideas?

Sorry, won't help - I am not that illiterate to install the new one "over" the previous one. Nor do I like this huge pile of installation files, which are not necessary after patching, to occuly my disk space. I always delete the Autopatcher Folder after installation.

Any other ideas?

586552168[/snapback]

try installing the two files under \win9xnt...in AutoPatcher's directory.

or you can read more related stuff here at this topic

try installing the two files under \win9xnt...in AutoPatcher's directory.

or you can read more related stuff here at this topic

586552180[/snapback]

Thanks. I'll try what was offered in that thread when I get home. But why didn't I have any problems with previous releases? Can any software installed after the previous patch was applied unreg a dll file automatically for some purpose?

Hi everyone,

can anybody tell me: what is the time frame for the different AutoPatcher XP editions, I mean which is after Windows XP with no SP, + SP1 and +SP2. And :Do I need to keep old versions, or every new file contains the information from the previous ones.

Regards

586551964[/snapback]

Just install SP2 right after installing windows - then use AutoPatcher :D

What you could also do if you had a cd burner and cd burning software (such as nero), you could slipstream SP2 into your windows install. Just use AutoStreamer (post stickied in this forum).

Good job on another release guys!

the_guy

Just install SP2 right after installing windows - then use AutoPatcher :D

586552398[/snapback]

Which version comes after SP2 and does Sep,05 contain all of the info from previous ones?

I previously installed 08/05 FULL autopatcher xp and heard there was some problems with this update.

I downloaded 09/05 FULL autopatcher xp. Should i RE-INSTALL all updates from 09/05 FULL update OR to INSTALL ONLY 1 hotfix from 09 release TO fix whatever problems we had in 08/05 release.?

thank you.

no, dont uninstall the updates.

just remove the old autopatcher release (delete c:\program files\autopatcher), and install the new autopatcher release there.

the only two items that will show up as installed from the last release which actually didnt are windows media player 10, and the royale theme.