AutoPatcher XP September 2005

no, dont uninstall the updates.

just remove the old autopatcher release (delete c:\program files\autopatcher), and install the new autopatcher release there.

the only two items that will show up as installed from the last release which actually didnt are windows media player 10, and the royale theme.

586553804[/snapback]

As far as I understand the procedure is like this:

1. Install Windows XP SP2(or WinXP SP1 + SP2 official update)

2. Install Autopatcher Aug,05

3. Delete c:\program files\autopatcher(Aug,05)

4. Install Autopatcher Sep,05

4. Before every new (monthly) installation, delete the old c:\program files\autopatcher.

If anything is wrong, please correct me! Thanks in advanced.

As far as I understand the procedure is like this:

3. Delete c:\program files\autopatcher(Aug,05)

4. Install Autopatcher Sep,05

4. Before every new (monthly) installation, delete the old c:\program files\autopatcher.

If anything is wrong, please correct me! Thanks in advanced.

586555851[/snapback]

The procedure is:

3. Before every new (monthly) installation, delete the old c:\program files\autopatcher.

You don't need to install autopatcher august first, delete it and then install the september release. The procedure above is for the FULL and LITE versions.

For an update release the procedure is:

3. Install the autopatcher update.....

^

the news people havent posted the xp news item yet...i dont think they realise that multiple news posts are required every month. ive tried twice but ive given up.

changes in this release:

MSN messenger 7 -> 7.5

maliciuos software removal tool v1.7 -> 1.8 + added start>programs shortcut

added KB897663

added WinUptime Tool

added Macromedia Flash Player 8 for Internet Explorer (only in Full)

added Macromedia Flash Player 8 for Mozilla, Firefox, Opera and Netscape (only in Full)

sun java 1.5.0_04 -> 1.5.0_05

added EU screensaver (only in full)

plus lots and lots of fixes.

if you checkout the change log in the translation pack thread, youll see there are around 38 points in the change log, many of those points include more than one individual change, and at least one is a large change to a large number of the modules.

im not really sure why that adds up to 25MB, but im not going to waste time adding it up...

Edited by TheBlazingAngel

AutoPatcher XP Portuguese (Portugal)

This month there is only a update version for the Portuguese language.

AutoPatcher_XP_Sep2005_Portuguese_Update.exe

Portuguese September 2005 Update File Size: 27,6 MB (28956464 bytes)

Portuguese September 2005 Update MD5 Hash: 6F5A4012D0AFEB3259FCB7B8357197FB

Changelog

Windows XP SP2 - Critical Updates

KB890830: Malicious Software Removal Tool v1.8

Windows XP SP2 - Updated Components

MSN Messenger 7.5.0299

Addons

Macromedia Flash Player 8 for Internet Explorer

Macromedia Flash Player 8 for Mozilla, Firefox, Opera and Netscape

Sun Java 1.5.0_05

^

the news people havent posted the xp news item yet...i dont think they realise that multiple news posts are required every month. ive tried twice but ive given up.

PM a newsie

A few minor comments.

In the Windows addons section, AP XP September full does not recognise that the following are installed (entries in AP are black)

1. Macromedia flash player 8 for IE (Macromedia test page says v 8.0.22.0 of flash player is installed and functioning).

2. TweakUI 2.10 (I have this with a short cut in System tools folder, though not the control panel applet)

3. DirectX 9.0c control panel applet.

4. Open command window here (I have that in folder context menu).

It does see that Macromedia shock player 10 and Sun Java 1.5.0_05 are installed (entries are blue).

Also, of even less importance, I don't know if the tweaks section checks for installed tweaks (all entries are in black), but I do have the following:

ControlUserpasswords2 in contol panel

Fifth IE internet zone

Disable compression of files in Disk Cleanup (registry key removed)

and probably a few others.

I have XP home SP2 and updates installed.

Incidentally, for XP home, there is another very useful addon: show security tab in right click/properties:

http://www.dougknox.com/xp/tips/xp_home_sectab.htm

Another useful utility is the taskbar repair tool:

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/taskbarplus!.htm

I did not see those in AP, apologies if I missed them, but otherwise maybe you could consider adding them in future editions.

be aware that some items included in AutoPatcher dont provide there own registry entries that AutoPatcher can use for detection, therefore after you install them through AutoPatcher, we add our own entries to be used for future detection.

this even includes the flash players would you believe it!

the two flash players (IE and non IE) have there own entries, but the key paths are computer specific, meaning they wouldnt work on any other computer and so cannot be used.

theres only one other flsh entry, but i cant have both modules use it for detection else both modules would show as installed when only one is.

therefore when you install the flash players through autopatcher, entries are added for future detection of the modules.

tweaks are all done this way. many tweaks rely on multiple changes, or the removal of certain entries. it would be really complex to get autopatcher to examin exctly whether a tweak is present. so instead we just add a single entry ourselves to detect if the user has used the tweak through autopatcher and made by us.

otherwise, autopatcher cannot detect if a tweak has been applied already.

so if the problem is that autopatcher isnt detecting things you already had installed not through an autopatcher release, that largely cannot be helped. (does work well for microsoft updates though i have to add).

if however you installed something through autopatcher and afterwards it doesnt show as installed. then that can be helped, and we will ty to fix it for you.

note to gandolas - autopatcher.exe no longer adds the registry entries, so if a module fails to install, it will no longer show as blue, but remain black.

due to this, ive added the entries to all tweaks .apf files, and added .apf files to other addon modules that require them, so the entries are added as part of the setup.

One cause for a module not showing as installed maybe because of a missing .apf file, an incorrect file, incorrect detection, or incorrect installation instructions.

sorry if im rambling on, hope you could follow what i was saying, im pretty tired :blush:

so if the problem is that autopatcher isnt detecting things you already had installed not through an autopatcher release, that largely cannot be helped.

Yes that was so in my case. Thanks for explanation.

I'm going to be using a modded copy of autopatcher xp for use in updating business computers. My main concern is: Is it feasible to install SP2 using Autopatcher? I do realize that I'll have to modify the modules to reflect WIN_XP_SP2 as being the Operating System Version... but aside from that, is there anything I should look out for?

Portuguese Brazil Update:

ed2k://|file|AutoPatcher_XP_Sep2005_PortugueseBrazil_Update.exe|28969651|1013989400A02A8CA6B2B6537D657338|/

File size: 27.6 MB (28969651 bytes)

MD5 hash: CDB3280ADB4A02DEBB5D78BA56D3751D

I'm going to be using a modded copy of autopatcher xp for use in updating business computers. My main concern is: Is it feasible to install SP2 using Autopatcher? I do realize that I'll have to modify the modules to reflect WIN_XP_SP2 as being the Operating System Version... but aside from that, is there anything I should look out for?

586561536[/snapback]

yes its certainly feasible to install SP2 with AutoPatcher. the only reason we dont is because its so large.

now, there are several ways of installing everything with autopatcher, but theres no need to changing any updates to use ANY_XP_SP2.

first of all note that by giving the module a priority lower than all other modules (however higher than its parent module! its a rule that must be obayed!!), the module will always install first when its selected. i suggest a value of 10000000.

there are several scenarios you can use, note i think its best to install sp2 on its own, and after a reboot go back and install updates, so these are all based on those ideas:

1) use your autopatcher disk to install sp2, reboot, then install other updates, manually on each computer.

2) have two copies of autopatcher, one with just the sp2 module, one with everything but. run autopatcher with sp2, either from a disk or via an unattanded network installation (see command switches here), then use the other copy.

3) (the best in my opinion) same as above but use customised selection files (see here).

you could create two selection files, and two shortcuts, one to run with each of the selection files. one selection file has only sp2 selected, and the other has whatever else you want installed, but not sp2 checked.

you can then run one shortcut initialising an unattended installation of just the sp2 module, then the other, and you can do this straight from disk, or across a network!!

just remember one thing, with the priority value of sp2 being less than the other updates, it will always be installed before the updates, so theres no need to worry about changing the OS field in the other modules to ANY_XP_SP2.

Portuguese Brazil Update:

ed2k://|file|AutoPatcher_XP_Sep2005_PortugueseBrazil_Update.exe|28969651|1013989400A02A8CA6B2B6537D657338|/

File size: 27.6 MB (28969651 bytes)

MD5 hash: CDB3280ADB4A02DEBB5D78BA56D3751D

586562260[/snapback]

Thank you very much for posting Autopatcher_XP_Sep2005_PortugueseBrazil_Update.exe.

Please, gandolas, couldn?t you also post Autopatcher_XP_Sep2005_PortugueseBrazil_Update.exe via BitTorrent or via http?

Thanks!!

i want to report a few problem with 09/05 FULL released.

i previously installed 08/05 FULL released and AFTER installing 09/05, autopatch xp shows me 1 hotfix that need to be installed. I did that.

when i run 09/05, that hot fix still shows up even though it's installed.

the same can be said to MS *malicious remover tool*.

thanks