AutoPatcher XP September 2005

@autopatchme

the malicious software removal tool deliberately doesnt show up as blue, due to the fact that after youve run it, your not actually safe, you could acumilate the malicious software again, and so the tool may need runing again.

the sme applies to the sort start menu alphabetically tweak, your start menu may become un-sorted again, and so you may need to run it again. theres no point in it showing its already been applied before is there...

as for the other update, which is it. everything shows up fine here, perhaps the update didnt manage to install for some reason...?

@dragunboy, welcome to neowin ;)

Quick question; when you run autopatcher from a cd/dvd, does it store any files anywhere on the system itself after it completes doing it's thing, or do all the files get deleted?

^^ I don't have a http place were to host PTB version...

^ No, there are only Update versions for both Portuguese AutoPatcher XP.

586563827[/snapback]

Thanks a lot, gandolas! I?ve already downloaded Brazilian Portuguese Update Autopatcher XP via Emule.

Thanks for the quick reply. I've been lurking here for over 2 years now, and only now decided to post, as I've been an avid user of Autopatcher, but only in the past few months, have I written my own modules. This was one of those instances.

Hi,

1) I had downloaded and installed Autopatcher XP Full recently, but I dont know which version (July or August). I dont have the installation file(accidently got deleted and partition formatted). How do I know which version is installed?

2) I only want to install the updated modules. Any mechanism in-place for downloading only the updated modules? Bandwidth problems you know..

as for the other update, which is it. everything shows up fine here, perhaps the update didnt manage to install for some reason...?

586564252[/snapback]

i think so. After installing that hotfix (MS way not your way), autopatcher xp tells me everything is FINE.

Not sure what happens.?

thanks for answering my question and keep up the good work.

i think so. After installing that hotfix (MS way not your way), autopatcher xp tells me everything is FINE.

Not sure what happens.?

586569588[/snapback]

If you have used the Microsoft Windows Update Services and all hotfixes, securitypatches and other updates are installed you will see that AutoPatcher shows you all detected (installed) items in Blue.

If you used AutoPatcher to install all the hotfixes, Microsoft Windows Update Services will show you only one update........the WGA tool.......

About the Malicious Removal Tool, after installing it by AutoPatcher you should have a new menu item in your "programs" menu. Microsoft does the installation in a silent mode, so do we, after the installation Microsoft will run once and doesn't add anything to your program menu. We made it possible to run this Malicious Removal Tool by adding it in your program menu. That means that you can scan your computer more then once and you can use a full scan of your HDD.

Beside that, once you installed the Malicious Removal Tool our way you will have a first scan after your installation and reboot. At that time you'll see the version information in the window too.

Quick question; when you run autopatcher from a cd/dvd, does it store any files anywhere on the system itself after it completes doing it's thing, or do all the files get deleted?

586564626[/snapback]

- autopatcher does use a temporary .cmd file in your temp folder but removes it after its finished.

- autopatcher may also save a small log file in your c:\windows or c:\windows\system32 folder.

- updates often leave there own backup folders in c:\windows, if you dont intend to ever uninstall updates, you could delete these folders. there named like this - "$NtUninstallKB123456$" - and there hidden, so you have to enable the show hidden files and folders option.

- and then the odd setup file may leave things in your temp directory. after a reboot, just empty your temp folder, or just run ccleaner why is an excelent little cleanup program.

apart from that, nothing.

Thanks for the quick reply. I've been lurking here for over 2 years now, and only now decided to post, as I've been an avid user of Autopatcher, but only in the past few months, have I written my own modules. This was one of those instances.

586566929[/snapback]

no problem ;)

Not sure what happens.?

586569588[/snapback]

i found the problem!

the modules .amc file is named "KB897663xp_enu.amc" instead of "KB897663_xp_enu.amc", therefore it cant find the setup file to install it.

luckily autopatcher.exe doesnt add the registry entries itself anymore, so you can tell now that the update didnt install.

i'll let gandolas know so he can fix it for the next release ;)

Inclusive?

First time here--pardon my ignorance.

Does the September (Monthly) version provide updates from the release of SP2 or does it provide strictly monthly updates only?

Thanks!

i found the problem!

the modules .amc file is named "KB897663xp_enu.amc" instead of "KB897663_xp_enu.amc", therefore it cant find the setup file to install it.

luckily autopatcher.exe doesnt add the registry entries itself anymore, so you can tell now that the update didnt install.

i'll let gandolas know so he can fix it for the next release ;)

586572465[/snapback]

good call. that was my problem. Hopefully, somebody will fix it.

thanks for bringing it up

Hello,

I'm from The Netherlands and I am wondering when there is going to be a dutch translation for the september version. It there a translation?

I found the version for August....but the link and the mirrors dont work :(

So...if some1 wants to reply to this: thank you!

Thanks in advance,

Smedo

Hi Guy's . Just found this site, and looking at the comments AutoPatcher is what Ineed. The problem I'm having is downloading It on 56kb connection. At 100 Mg for the lite it's a real drain :( I've been looking for this for about a month after upgrading to XP pro from Win 98 SE , as it's such a hassle doing the MS update thing whenever I want to re-install or set up a friend's/ customer's Comp. I want to get it on CD and feel in charge of things

Any Zip version's of AutoPatcher ? I've been downloading from MegaUpload, coz I just want the lite version, , got to 80% and I lost the whole thing, Timing out is the problem :sleep: :rolleyes: .

That took me about 8 hours.

If any body's got any suggestions for dial up , and .Rar/ Zip, version I'd be much appreciative .

Thanks guy's ...

Hi Guy's . Just found this site, and looking at the comments AutoPatcher is what Ineed. The problem I'm having is downloading It on 56kb connection. At 100 Mg for the lite  it's a real drain  :(  I've been looking for this for about a month after upgrading to XP pro from Win 98 SE , as it's such a hassle doing the MS update thing whenever I want to re-install or set up a friend's/ customer's  Comp. I want to get it on CD and feel in charge of things

Any Zip version's of AutoPatcher ? I've been downloading from MegaUpload, coz I just want the lite version, , got to 80% and I lost the whole thing, Timing out is the problem  :sleep:  :rolleyes: .

That took me about 8 hours.

If any body's got any suggestions for dial up , and .Rar/ Zip, version I'd be much appreciative .

Thanks guy's ...

586582943[/snapback]

The file is already quite compressed as it is. Trust me. If you were to .rar or .zip it at all, there would most likely be an increase in speed.

I would recommend that you download the torrent version of AP, as you can resume the DL if it cuts out on you partway through. Get azeurus or some other torrent client.

Hello,

I'm from The Netherlands and I am wondering when there is going to be a dutch translation for the september version. It there a translation?

I found the version for August....but the link and the mirrors dont work?:((

So...if some1 wants to reply to this: thank you!

Thanks in advance,

Smedo

586582665[/snapback]

@smedo

1) It's not a translation. You can't compare the Dutch release with the English Release.

2) Take look at this topic for the next release.

3) About the link, give me the download url you are using. Have you tried to download it from the link on the first topic?