AutoPatcher XP September 2005

Hi everyone! Thanks for the wonderful program/utility.

I downloaded both AutoPatcher XP & 2K from Winboard mirror and it is both corrupted (checksum did not match), i don't know where is the problem from, WinBoard or my Download Accelerator Plus (DAP), I am using a dialup connection and it took me almost 16 hours for AutoPatcher XP alone. Anyway, here are steps for correcting a corrupted downloaded files:

1. Do not delete the corrupted files.

2. Download the appropriate torrent file.

3. Open the torrent file using BitTorrent or any other.

4. Save the output files to where the corrupted file is located.

5. The BitTorrent will check the corrupted file and it will continue to download, my download continues from 99.6%.

Hope this steps will help the dialup connection users.

TheSaint616:

I am using a dialup connection and it took me almost 16 hours for AutoPatcher XP alone. Anyway, here are steps for correcting a corrupted downloaded files:

1. Do not delete the corrupted files.

2. Download the appropriate torrent file.

3. Open the torrent file using BitTorrent or any other.

4. Save the output files to where the corrupted file is located.

5. The BitTorrent will check the corrupted file and it will continue to download, my download continues from 99.6%.

Hope this steps will help the dialup connection users.

Thanks TheSaint616 . I've had a similar problem, mainly dialup connection timing out due to the lengthy time online. Then no resuming. I've gotten a BitTorrent program and downloaded the torrent file on the first page of this thread. It seems the only way to get a complete download, as you can pause, and resume if the connection drops, which it is bound to do after a lengthy period downloading and not loading new pages or surfing the net. I tried using a download manager, and MegaUpload as a mirror. As I said earlier the file had downloaded to 80% and couldn't renew the connection.

With the BitTorrent method it's gonna be around 6 hours, and the file checksum is intact . Being a dialup user is the reason I want all these patches and updates all in one pack and save them to disk Even so 100 Mg download is tricky. Fingers crossed that all goes well :p

its probably that your either running it on a system locale (language setting) that we have no file for yet, and/or you need to install the files in the \autopatcher\win9xnt folder

I'm running Xp pro english and I installed AP to c:\program files\autopatcher which is the default install location. It's always worked fine until the Sept release. And I tried installing AP to \autopatcher\win9xnt and it still doesn't work.

Edited by SyntaxError

huh, no i said (or meant) install the two files found in the autopatcher\win9xnt folder!

try installing them both (scr56en.exe and vbrun60sp6.exe), reboot, and then see if it makes a difference.

I've got to say this program is fantastic :yes: After the initial hiccups with the download on a dialup connection, once I ran the program, after getting XP SP2 installed and following the instructions, I was really impressed :D

No problems, plus I'm Totally Updated !!!

1. I didn't uninstall the program, as I didn't know if I would want to 'undo' some of the tweaks. Like I tweaked the "hanged program shutdown in 5 seconds" , and then undid it. I didn't feel it was healthy. It's o.k. to keep the installation for future perusing and re-running it for the registry tweaks; yeah ? I know there's TweakUIXP, but is it o.k. to re-run Auto-Patcher after all the updates are installed, mainly if I decide on applying / undoing the registry Tweaks ?

2. I think the extracted updates once installed, plus Media Player, .NET framework 1.01 , took up around 1 Gig of disk space. Does that sound right ? :blink:

1. I didn't uninstall the program, as I didn't know if I would want to 'undo' some of the tweaks. Like I tweaked the "hanged program shutdown in 5 seconds" , and then undid it. I didn't feel it was healthy. It's o.k. to keep the installation for future perusing and re-running it for the registry tweaks; yeah ? I know there's TweakUIXP, but is it o.k. to re-run Auto-Patcher after all the updates are installed, mainly if I decide on applying / undoing  the registry Tweaks ?

586605090[/snapback]

Yes, it's fine to keep the autopatcher directory! (just remember to remove it before installing a furute release)

I don't know if this is too late for September 2005 release, but i just created a NullSoft Install System (NSIS) script for creating a update version of AutoPatcher September English Full release, that will updates the AutoPatcher August 2005 English Full release.

The script will delete the whole Tweaks directory and other extra files and directory, so if you add your own tweaks in Tweaks directory, save them in other subdirectory and put it back if you finished the updates.

The finished updates is equivalent to installing the AutoPatcher September 2005 English Full release except for the "Uninstall.exe", because AutoPatcher create it in order to remember the subdirectory of AutoPatcher, so that it will delete the correct subdirectory.

Just put the "AutoPatcher_Sept05_ENU_Updates.nsi" to where the directory of AutoPatcher September 2005 English Full release, compile it using NSIS v2.09 and it will create a NullSoft Installer "AutoPatcher_Sept05_ENU_Updates.exe", the size of this is 57.9MB (60,727,159 bytes).

AutoPatcher_Sept05_ENU_Updates.zip

I do a lot of System Testing and Frequently Re-Format and Re-Install Windows xp.

Now each time I install Autopatcher I waist a lot of time going through the process of Ticking all the various boxes.

I was wondering if there was some way of Saving the Current Config of Autopatcher so it could be slipped in and make all the changes for me.

I went looking through the Autopatcher Folder for a Config File, but couldn't see one.

Does someone know Where Autopatcher Saves it's Config Settings.

The download link on AutoPatcher.com still points to AutoPatcher XP August 2005.?:pinch::?:) :)

586626303[/snapback]

What are you talking about?? LOL

our webbie needs to change this.:cry:ry: and still.....he didn't....:wacko:ko:

Edited by DaFlapDrol

What are you talking about?? LOL

our webbie needs to change this... :cry:? and still.....he didn't......:wacko::

586626467[/snapback]

Hey Dutch FlapDrol! :DD

It's a big website to maintain. :pp ;))

Greetings from a fellow FlapDrol.

autopatcher installed just fine however i double click to run it and nothing happens. i've disbaled quite a few services, could someone tell me what services need to be enabled to have it run? or if anyone has any other info on why it might not be running any help would be great!

ps. i also used xplite to get rid of a lot of the crap in xp too.

Hey Dutch FlapDrol!  :D

It's a big website to maintain.  :p  ;)

Greetings from a fellow FlapDrol.

586626715[/snapback]

Sorry, it's not in my hands :( said this Flapdrol to the other Flapdrol.......

Sorry, it's not in my hands  :(  said this Flapdrol to the other Flapdrol.......

586630688[/snapback]

:laugh: I know,.. it was a hint to the webbie. :D

Excellent work on AutoPatcher :) thx

I was going through all my XP patches and deleting them as they were listed in AutoPatcher, but came across 2 that are not included. Just curious about these...KB885894 & KB890047...are they obsolete or just missing from AutoPatcher?

some links too

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...&displaylang=en

Excellent work on AutoPatcher :) thx

I was going through all my XP patches and deleting them as they were listed in AutoPatcher, but came across 2 that are not included. Just curious about these...KB885894 & KB890047...are they obsolete or just missing from AutoPatcher?

some links too

586635305[/snapback]

@rrtn

I don't know if the KB885894 has bin replaced, obsolete or...??

What I do know is that I don't get this update when I do a clean Windows XP PRO installation. This is all about a collection of errors that you maybe will have after you installed Service Pack 2.

Microsoft will add more info and solutions to this KB885894 article. The release date is Oktober 2004 and the last time that something has bin added was March 2005.

Only when you get errors listed here (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=885894) you need this update.

If you use AutoPatcher on a clean installation of Windows, you'll see that you are up-to-date.