AutoPatcher XP September 2005

Hello

I was just wondering if there was going to be a norwegian September version of the autopatcher!

That's all!

Thanks!

586643755[/snapback]

As far as I know (bearing in mind I'm not part of the AP team - I just organise the torrents) there isn't one yet.

However, if you wish to help out, and provide a translation, take a look here: https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=333746 :)

As far as I know (bearing in mind I'm not part of the AP team - I just organise the torrents) there isn't one yet.

However, if you wish to help out, and provide a translation, take a look here: https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=333746 :)

586644100[/snapback]

The current Norwegian version is August, take a look at this topic https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?show...ost&p=586089357

If the October release is coming, I can't tell you at the moment!

I have a question. I just downloaded September version to install on my moms PC. I'm running SP1 on her computer (I plan to make it SP2 later), when I ran AutoPatcher, I selected to install Macromedia FlashPlayer for Mozilla, Firefox, Opera and Netscape. Now, a couple of minutes before, I uninstalled Firefox completely from the PC, including profiles and folders, because somehow it was not working correctly. When it tried to install Flash Player it came up with an error message that it could not find Firefox in x location (I did not take a screenshot of the error). Is there anyway that Firefox could be added to AutoPatcher and do the installation of Firefox before doing the installation of Flash Player?

I guess the error came up because it did not find Firefox at all in the computer, cause that has never happened to me since I have Firefox installed on all my PCs at home, but this time I needed to uninstall it.

Thanks

/EZ

Hi guy's ! I downloaded AutoPatcher for Windows XP SP2 September. It's great , no probs. , so I'm just asking about the big picture.

I have an up to date WinXP SP2 OS .

I notice right at the moment MS are releasing some critical updates, the demand on their servers must be enormous, autoUpdate keeps threatening (starting to...) download 'em, but maybe there's billions of people around the world getting them ahead of me , I'm sure it'll happen soon.

I notice there's a October edition of Auto-Patcher for WinXP SP2 in the works. Is each months AP release inclusive of all MS Updates , or do you have a package of just the updates during October which I can supplement to Septembers AutoPatcher release. ?

Is there an incremental patch available, which has only the updates from Sept-Oct , with out having to download the whole thing again ?

I'm new to all this stuff, but now I've had a taste of setting up with a complete package of Updates after a clean install of XP I'm hooked.

Plus I see people asking for "modules" i.e. FireFox, 7-Zip, ...? wouldn't it be easy enough to just go and download them from their site?

As you can see I'm a little confused at the "Big Picture". I'd like the new critical updates coming out at the moment in a AutoPatcher pack, but downloading over 100MB on dialup is too much to think about.

Any answers to my stupid questions much appreciated ! :yes:

FileForum has October 2005 posted already, and links here. The links don't work, but is this an official mirror? I let the FileForum guys know the links are dead, so maybe they'll pull it down or find a working mirror. There's nothing here yet, so I'm wondering what's up with that site.

Oh, and also on http://www.autopatcher.com, the download link takes you to the August thread.

That's really odd...using Firefox left-clicking the links doesn't do anything, and right-clicking and selecting Save Target As tells me the links are dead. With IE, it worked fine. Hmph.

it works on sp1 but is aimed at sp2

updates before sp2 are NOT included, only updates after.

when autopatcher is run, only included sp2 updates that also apply to sp1 will show up, so you will be missing a huge number of updates.

if you havent already,i suggest you download the full admin install of sp2. you can then either use that to install sp2 on the other machines, or distribute it via a network installation.

Just FYI - not sure if this was mentioned before, but the Download link from www.autopatcher.com points the user to the August APXP thread... even though the September version is already out. I think someone should update that, or simply link people to the forum home, rather than the thread.

Secondly, is there some sort of mailing list I could join to know when the new versions come out? I usually like to get a copy as soon as its out so I can share it on ed2k and gnutella, and I like to post the magnet links... but I never know when these updates happen... I would like to help in this way if I can.