PSP 2.00 -> 1.50 downgrader released

I'm sort of confused myself. I Just got my White PSP (2.0)

If I downgrade to 1.5, will there still be a web browser.? What exactly is Homebrew.? And finally what are the advantages of downgrading to 1.5.?

1.5= no web browser

Homebrew allows you to play emulators such as genesis, snes, nes etc... on your psp, including homemade games which are freely available at pspupdates.com

wow.  wow.  i'm just stunned. 

happened so much sooner than i thought it would. 

congrats to the group who did this. 

also, congrats for not being idiots.  i read psp scene news everyday, and i didn't hear any rumors BEFORE it was released.  i like when groups let their work do the talking!

586587355[/snapback]

BroChaos I just laughed at you a little bit when I saw this. I remember you giving it to a newb in the 1.5 psp hacked post about how a downgrader is a long way away (so much for that :D). Well you still pretty much said exactly what I was thinking. This is the kind of homebrew community we need that releases programs without the hype that actually work. The only thing I don't understand is where did this guy come from and how did he possibly find an exploit.

im really confused by the psp scene still. i just bought mine 2 days ago it came with 1.52 and i found out that it was already to knew to play emus :( so i updated to 2.0 and i like it its nice but of course nothign works.  so i downgrade using this method? and i can then just put the snes9x tyl folder with some roms and it will play just fine?

oh well im newb at it hehe forgive me

586587643[/snapback]

Yes you can downgrade and follow the exact instructions in the tyl readme and they will tell you exactly where to put your files. If you need any help ask me or alpha because we both stayed with trusty 1.5 :p

BroChaos I just laughed at you a little bit when I saw this. I remember you giving it to a newb in the 1.5 psp hacked post about how a downgrader is a long way away (so much for that :D). Well you still pretty much said exactly what I was thinking. This is the kind of homebrew community we need that releases programs without the hype that actually work. The only thing I don't understand is where did this guy come from and how did he possibly find an exploit.

Yes you can downgrade and follow the exact instructions in the tyl readme and they will tell you exactly where to put your files. If you need any help ask me or alpha because we both stayed with trusty 1.5 :p

586587682[/snapback]

hey i'll gladly eat my words in the case :)

now i'm not worried about my ebgames warranty. at first, the warranty made me not worry about breaking my psp, but then when i knew i would end up with a 2.0, the warranty didn't matter anymore. now i can be carefree about my psp again :)

1.5= no web browser

Homebrew allows you to play emulators such as genesis, snes, nes etc... on your psp, including homemade games which are freely available at pspupdates.com

586587677[/snapback]

1.5 does have a homebrew web browser

A couple of questions -

1) Now that you can downgrade, could you also upgrade back to 2.0, then back to 1.5 ie a reversible process?

2) How well does the firmware faker work? The one that allows people to run 1.5x games on 1.5 PSP's w/o updating? That's important as the SOCOM beta requires 1.52 or later.

If yes to both, I probably downgade to see what the fuss is about, but I'd rather have working homebrew on 2.0.

NO games require 2.0. 2.0 is identical to 1.52 in terms of instruction set, calls, etc. and all 1.52 games can be played without issue with the current software.

NO games require 2.0.  2.0 is identical to 1.52 in terms of instruction set, calls, etc.  and all 1.52 games can be played without issue with the current software.

586588622[/snapback]

Actually, there are games that require 2.0, including socom beta

Actually, there are games that require 2.0, including socom beta

586588645[/snapback]

but it runs just fine on a 1.5, right? from what i understand it does....

MobiusTech1: Get a bloody clue would ya? This thread is about downgrading firmware - not for satisfying you annoying need to run apps that you can't find yourself. If you want help with that, find/start a suitable thread!

On Topic: WOW! This is the news I have been waiting for. Will buy a PSP @ weekend!

MobiusTech1: Get a bloody clue would ya?  This thread is about downgrading firmware - not for satisfying you annoying need to run apps that you can't find yourself.  If you want help with that, find/start a suitable thread!

On Topic: WOW! This is the news I have been waiting for.  Will buy a PSP @ weekend!

586589483[/snapback]

Yup, this thread is for discussing the downgrade, any issues and upgrades back to 2.0 etc.

Information about homebrew can be found in (the rather messy) 1.50 thread. Now that homebrew is open to all perhaps it's time for a nice clean sticky thread with tutorials, links etc.

Muwahahah

time for 1.50 goodness

Oh wait!  :huh:

I never upgraded past 1.5 in the first place :laugh:

Hehe, all I can say is ENJOY.  If anybody has any questions about pbp's and stuff, feel free to ask here and I shall answer.

Btw, download pbp unpacker k?

586587541[/snapback]

what is pbp unpacker?