GUI.Air

The bar stays - its nice. You have to use the theme to feel how it works...

1. The gloss is removed from the hover to make it more prominent. I like it that way. Considering how long you see hover states for you can just live with it :?)

2. No wingflag I'm afraid.

3. The icons are perfectly centered. I like the way they 'sit' int he lower bar. Check the very first proto - that was always my intention.

4. I will edit the shadow on the systray button, but thats not essential and hence low down on the list.

5. Caption glyphs are not centered on purpose. I like it that way, makes them look more tangiable. You'll get used to it.

:((:unsure::

Ah well, I could always edit that myself:))

Edited by status-seeker

I never gave up on this VS. Glad to see it's back in progress. :yes:

The most recent preview looks really nice. I am glad you decided to stick with the original taskbar.

Glad to have you back b0se.

I've used Luna as the base theme this time, to keep compatibility as high as possible.

yeah, it worked for em3...i think that'll save a lot more time, but then again, you can really show your innovation by deviating from that lackluster theme...whatever you do, im sure it'll turn out great...

Anyways as for the new proto, I think the Start button and System tray are out of contrast. They seem out of place, this is because your inactive windows are the same exact color. Making it feel "inactive" in those areas. I believe you can integrate them more better with your graphical skills. But to me they just seem dead on the left and right...another 2cents which adds up to 4 cents now! Lets see if i can make a dollar haha!

Edited by ArChAn9eL

Just a suggestion... do you think it'd help make the shine effect seem more realistic if you angled the light on the concave portion of where the buttons are up top (instead of having a straight line across). I don't know, don't mind my rambling.

Exactly, as if there is actually a cutout under the buttons...I also prefer the circular restore button.

You mean as in the first mockup? Please don't make the corners of the taskbar rounded... :/

Please do, thats the coolest part lol (is it possible to make the windows bottom corners rounded?...like the Linux Clearlooks theme?...or is it just not possible on the windows platform?...I think that would look pretty cool with a rounded taskbar))

thanx for replying earlier b0se, keep up the great work. I know from experience that you have to try a lot of things to figure out what YOU want/like...and sometimes its the first thing you tried, sometimes its the last. I have faith in you *kneels and bows*...lol

Frazer

There will bo no circular maximise button as I am going for maximum compatibility / less bugs. It's a nightmare trying to get a glyph like that universally bug-free without flapping around with some time consuming technique :?)

I've made the small lower bar on the taskbar 1px smaller. Doesn't sound like much but it makes a big difference. Looks better(Y))

Whoever said that the grey patches made the taskbar look inactive: good point. I wanted to keep it varied, but you've gone and put me right off the idea...

Taskbar is completely orange now :?)

Theme is looking great. However, any plans on adding transparency to the title bars (WB5 is needed for this) - then it would even better, IMO.

Whoever said that the grey patches made the taskbar look inactive: good point. I wanted to keep it varied, but you've gone and put me right off the idea...

Wow, I feel so honored, my 4cents were put to good use! I love how you respond to my feedback b0se! Much like em3, you two artists are proving to be the best tech support artists out there (you guys sound like Microsoft employees).

*b0se, I'd really like to collaboarte my ideas with you on this theme, I believe I have some interesting ideas that you'd like to hear. Maybe I can contact you through some type of IM service perhaps sometime?

wow, glad b0se is back. when I discovered uxtheme.dll patch here, my first fav VS was b0se DMX series. Used that for a long time, made trillian and other skins to match it. Now I'm into darker theme and using vanderohe by greyhouse for a long time now, but will definitely give this one a try when it is out, it might be time for a change away from dark themes. :)

wow, glad b0se is back. when I discovered uxtheme.dll patch here, my first fav VS was b0se DMX series. Used that for a long time, made trillian and other skins to match it. Now I'm into darker theme and using vanderohe by greyhouse for a long time now, but will definitely give this one a try when it is out, it might be time for a change away from dark themes. :)

Blimey DMX, that was way back when I first started :?)

The font is MT Disclosure. I think.

Good. The start button and systray you just showed looked unbelievably out of place.:pp

I know you said about not changing the maximize glyph, but the one in the first mockup looks much better than the standard windows symbols.:ss Also, how about adding a bigger space between the caption buttons, like in the original mock-up?

Anyway, it's looking good man, good job.(Y))

I love how this vs is developing. I've wanted to use it since way back when. one question though. How will the taskbar buttons look if i extend the taskbar up to show the date by the the clock? The way the buttons look now seems like they'd look off if the taskbar takes up more than 1 row. keep up the good work ;)

Is anyone gonna step up and make a Winamp, Trillian, Rainlendar, Y'z, etc. skin to match?? :D

Even though I won't be the creator of any of these, I know they'll be a Winamp. And Trillian, people seem to love this skin enough to get a great variety of skins. I couldn't imagine how they would make a Rainlendar and Y'z toolbar, I'm sure there are skins out for those that would match now.

Oh... my.... god.... It's looking better and better every time. I like the new taskbar MUCH more. Great job so far b0se. You never cease to amaze me.