Need an Icon for my program

Question

Hi,

I don't have any graphic talent so I came here to ask for your help. I programed a free software that keeps track of the home work in collage for students and I want a cool Icon for that program (a logo will be cool as well). I want something nice and clean, not fancy. You can find my program here (for insparation :) )

Technotask

Thanks!!

Edited by raananan

25 answers to this question

AMDPOX - Looks cool! This is quite basic, maybe something a little more complex?

I saved this as an option for now. Thanks!!!

Edit: It's looks great as a 32*32 Icon as well, when I'll get home I'll try it on my program as 16*16 as well. Thanks

Thanks Mr Apex, that logo looks very cool and I'm eager to use it. I think the mortarboard is a little big. As to the name, I guess it isn't a typo but I think the original name is better (or not?)

I also wonder if you will let me use this logo without the "Apex" in the background? I don't want to be rude and I thank you all for the help but this logo should be direct and with no hidden messages :blush:. Hope no harm done.

The acknowledge for the help with the graphics will, of course, be written on the site and in the about page in the software (with your requested text) :)

Thanks

Well, if this is the case forget what I say.

I really think that Mr Apex's logo is great and I wanna use it (with the minor changes I stated above).

The cap does not work. The reason is that these students are not graduating. There keeping track of there grades with this program. The idea is off and it does not work. Try books, papers, pencils and pens instead of gradute cloths.

I just left the watermark on there in case you just up and left with it. I'd be happy to work with you. Jjust drop me a essage on MSN and ill shoot you over the scource files.

EDIT: Blah, I keep calling it TechnoTeach... sorry :p

Edited by Mr. Apex

Jonny Wake that looks really good, by far the best out of everything anyone has submitted so far. Good work.

meh i dont think he did that good a job, the font definitely needed changing... apex's are much better IMO.

Saw this topic this morning thought i'd add my own addition, bear with me though - i don't do this stuff normally, this is in bmp format! And i'm not really a font guy so if anyone has some ideas/can do something themselves feel free....

TechnoTask.bmp

meh i dont think he did that good a job, the font definitely needed changing... apex's are much better IMO.

586660290[/snapback]

I kind of agree about the font, Apex's though i dont think are as good overall as his.

does not work. The line form the buttom of the cap does nto line up with the O. Rethink your logo idea.

Jonny Wake that looks really good, by far the best out of everything anyone has submitted so far. Good work.

586660215[/snapback]

Thanks.

586660290[/snapback]

Yes the font does need changing. I was trying to go for a hand writen look without using a script font. Guess it didn't work to well. If you are going for the cap idea, it still needs a little tweaking.