[release] Dreamland WB

the trouble with these transparent title bars is that if you use white text, it fades out over a light color background, and if you use black text, it fades over a dark background. Too bad it can't be designed to have a partial solid background just under the text area. That would make all the transparent skins far more usable in the long run.

the trouble with these transparent title bars is that if you use white text, it fades out over a light color background, and if you use black text, it fades over a dark background. Too bad it can't be designed to have a partial solid background just under the text area. That would make all the  transparent skins far more usable in the long run.

586779356[/snapback]

I would think what you described would be possible. Just have the alpha for the area under the window title (and/or minimize, max, close buttons) be less transparent (or completely opaque) than the rest of the title bar.

I haven't used skinstudio to know for sure, but I would guess that would work.

• 1 month later...

Now updated! New features added and other improvements suggest by some friends also included. See details in the fist page. Enjoy!

BTW, Happy new year!

great skin, but found one problem:

If i choose to log off or shutdown the entire screen turns opaque white with stripes.

First time i used shutdown, the dialog box was like the wb4, with no alpha blend.

Then for some reason it turned like pointed out first

Other than the Darker theme, highly respected iconist Rokey has also made an light Visual Style called "Dreamland" together with another outcome, a transparent VS concept.

After getting kind permission from Rokey, I am now introducing this Dreamland WB to every one. (Permission file zipped)

DRL_WB5 version will only work with WB5, the original Dreamland version can be applied by WB4.X well

Includes transparent window frames, taskbar, Start menu, "Please Wait" window and a built-in window shadow.

Enjoy!

Update list:

+ Transparent maximized titlebar

+ Alpha blended shut-down dialog

+ New min/max/close buttons

+ Oversized startbutton

+ 3 substyles included(wb4,wb5,top)

+ Real-time trans taskbar

Download @ Wincustomize

Click to enlarge the preview image:

t5364.jpg

Wallpaper by Kol can be found here:

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/22703076

I LOVE YOU!!!!!!

If i was an asian girl, i would bang you.

Geat skin, but, Right click the taskbar or on a desktop item and the text is all messed up with cleartype on an lcd panel. Any way to fix this?

my text is fine on my laptop

If i choose to log off or shutdown the entire screen turns opaque white with stripes.

Same problem here. Great skin, though. Guess I'll just have to use hibernate.