Keyboard Media Controls in Battlefield 2

I've just bought a new MS Digital Media Pro keyboard, hoping that I could use the media keys (play, pause etc) to control Winamp while playing games. Now the software is installed correctly, and the keys work fine with Winamp during normal desktop use (eg Firefox can be the focused window and the keys still work as described). But my problem is that the keys don't work when I launch a full screen game (BF2 to be precise). As soon as I exit from BF2 (or it's minimised), the keys work fine.

Any ideas on how to make them function in BF2 also? :)

that's wierd. i have a logitech keyboard with media controls and they work fine for winamp or any other media player even when playing games like quake or pro evolution soccer.

can you use them when playing another game than battlefield 2?

edit... kola: why didn't i think of that option? :blush:

Edited by insanekiwi

Ditch the software the keyboard came with. Instead just open winamp, go to global hotkeys in the preferences enable them, select "play", place your cursor in the hotkey input box and press the play/pause button on your keyboard.

Just do the same with stop, forward, back etc. Should work fine.

Ditch the software the keyboard came with. Instead just open winamp, go to global hotkeys in the preferences enable them, select "play", place your cursor in the hotkey input box and press the play/pause button on your keyboard.

Just do the same with stop, forward, back etc. Should work fine.

586736222[/snapback]

That's essentially what I have done.

post-58341-1134574030.jpg post-100738-1134576702.jpg

It's just when I start BF2 that they stop working properly. Almost as if BF2 is trying to assign them itself.

i just got battlefield 2. i will install it and see if my media keys stop working aswell. will report later on.

edit: well howard. my logitech media keys even work under battlefield 2. so it's most likely your ms keyboard :/

Edited by insanekiwi