[NFL] what team will take TO

Carr blows serious chunks.

Carr doesnt throw to the other team unlike many QBs in the leage, the Defence is on carr like a fly on that one fly tape thing.

See:  2000 Baltimore Ravens.

their offence did move the ball, they did punt alot but they most of the time got 1 or 2 1st downs, and when they didnt Bal lose they didnt go unbeaten

See:  Barry Sanders.

barry sanders o line were above avg in the running game, most O line run block better the pass block.

I feel like andy reed will take him back this year, he is a huge cancer. But seriously with him the eagles are pretty much a superbowl team, they just need some defensive tweaks. I dont feel like they have much of a chance without him, find a way to patch it up pay him the rest of the money owed for the rest of the year and let him go at the end of the season. Making it to the superbowl will give them a whole lot more money then what they paid owens for the year. If I were the owner I would find a way to make this work, if I had a chance of making it to the superbowl.

This is all too funny, especially with the apology today.

586785111[/snapback]

Too little, too late.

Interesting that he only issued the apology after he realized he was going to have to repay that $1.8 million..... :o

OWENS APOLOGIZES AGAIN

November 8, 2005

By DAVE SPADARO

Wide receiver Terrell Owens and his agent, Drew Rosenhaus, held a news conference on Tuesday afternoon and apologized to the Eagles, the fans and several members of the organization Owens did not answer questions from the reporters gathered at his New Jersey home.

The Eagles had no comment on Tuesday afternoon.

"As you know, I have been suspended and I told that I cannot play football for the rest of the season. I am a football player and this is what I do," said Owens, reading a prepared statement. "It really hurts me not to be part of the team anymore. I came here to help the Eagles get to the Super Bowl and win the big game.

"When I got hurt last year, and everyone said my season was over, I fought hard to prove the world was wrong and do everything possible, including risk my career, to help the Eagles win the Super Bowl.

"And I think the mentality that I have, my greatest strength can also be my greatest weakness. I'm a fighter -- I've always been and I'll always be. I fight for what I think is right. In doing so, I alienated a lot of my fans and my teammates.

"To those fans who supported me through these tough times, I thank you for your support. To every single Philadelphia Eagles fan out there that cheered for me, I want you to know that I am sorry this has happened. To you, I apologize.

"To my teammates, a lot of you have been a friend to me and I appreciate that. I can't tell you how much I wanted to fight along your side to take this team to victory. It was very painful for me not to be there with you against the Redskins last weekend, and it was more painful for me now that I won't be there with you Monday night.

"Also, I would like to reiterate my respect for Donovan McNabb as a quarterback and as a teammate. I apologize to him for any comments that may have been negative.

"To my head coach, Andy Reid, I owe you an apology. You and I were in a tough spot this year. I know you were just trying to coach this team and we did not see eye to eye sometimes. On the practice field and on game day, you knew you could count on me to give my very best. We had a lot of wins together, and I thank you for that. I respect you as a coach and as a person.

"To Joe Banner (team president) and Mr. (Jeffrey) Lurie (Chairman/CEO), I understand that all along you were trying to do what you believed was in the best interest of the team, the Philadelphia Eagles. I apologize to the both of you.

"As I said before, this is very painful for me to be in this position. I know in my heart that I can help the team win the Super Bowl and not only be a dominant player, but also be a team player. I can bring that.

"In closing, I want everybody to know that football is my passion. I've always given it my all and I will continue to do so."

Then Rosenhaus took the stand and told the media that he felt the media did not portray Owens in the proper light. Rosenhaus refused to answer many of the questions, including one that asked, "Would he be in this position today if it weren't for you?"

I feel like andy reed will take him back this year, he is a huge cancer. But seriously with him the eagles are pretty much a superbowl team, they just need some defensive tweaks. I dont feel like they have much of a chance without him, find a way to patch it up pay him the rest of the money owed for the rest of the year and let him go at the end of the season. Making it to the superbowl will give them a whole lot more money then what they paid owens for the year. If I were the owner I would find a way to make this work, if I had a chance of making it to the superbowl.

586784225[/snapback]

Um with him playing this year they haven't looked like a Super Bowl team. Their defense needs more than "a few" tweaks because it's been horrendous. And last year they got to the Super Bowl without him. THis year they're simply not as good (with or without him). They've struggled against the run and teams just tee off on McNabb.

Um with him playing this year they haven't looked like a Super Bowl team. Their defense needs more than "a few" tweaks because it's been horrendous. And last year they got to the Super Bowl without him. THis year they're simply not as good (with or without him). They've struggled against the run and teams just tee off on McNabb.

the lack of the run game, leads to their D being on the field too long, and McNabb has to pass on 2nd down most of the time because 1st down they lose yards, and they have to pass in the 2nd haft because their behind most of the time.

they lost some D players because they couldnt keep them because TO need his money.

These sound like 2 good reasons that he will NOT be a Falcon.

1. Mora knows him. Anyone who knows him would certainly not want to coach him.

2. He will NOT "get paid".

These sound like 2 good reasons that he will NOT be a Falcon.

1. Mora knows him. Anyone who knows him would certainly not want to coach him.

2. He will NOT "get paid".

586786837[/snapback]

Im also a Falcon fan but here are my opinions why TO should be in the ATL

I came to my conclusion last night after watching the Colts and Patriots game. Watching the Colts, I realized that the Falcons could very well make the Superbowl, but that they werent ever, barring some miracle, going to beat the Colts once they get there, at least not how they are now.

As ESPN has reported several times in the last few days, few teams if any are going to be willing to give T.O. the long term deal that he wants. That being the case, Atlanta could offer him a one year deal that equalled the average of the top 5 recievers pay and add incentives that could make him the highest paid reciever in the game. If T.O. knew there wasnt a team out there willing to give him the multi year deal and Atlanta was paying him to his value, I think the money wouldnt be an issue.

As far as the "team cancer" issue, I don't believe it would be as much of an issue as some people think (although I admit, I could be terribly wrong). Unlike McNabb, noone is billing Vick as an excellent passing QB. Even Terrell is smart enough to realize how stupid he would look if he came here and started complaining about Vick's passing ability. At least now he has some allies. If he came here, knowing full well that this is a running offense with a mediocre passing QB and still complained he would find his audience to complain to scarce. Having said this, T.O. as a team cancer does worry me. I just think that even T.O. might be tired of all the drama and by next season just want to play some football.

My last reason for bringing T.O. here might be the most important. Having another superstar here might be a blessing to Vick on and off the field. Owens presence would very likely take alot of the pressure off of Vick. He would no longer hear the "one man team" comments nor feel the need to carry the burden if his team were to lose.

If we are going to try and keep pace with the Manning's and Harrison's in the league we are going to need a guy like Owens. Like money, however, guys with talent like his don't just grow on trees.

*puts on his flame retardant suit*

Michael Vick is a great QB but he does not have very good accuracy at all, as everyone knows. If TO joined the team all you would hear from him is how bad the pass was, he would be constantly downgrading vick, it would not help the falcons one bit to have Owens. Thats just my 2 cents.

toneverafalcon9rh.jpg

I loved Drew Rosenhaus yesterday getting on his soapbox and singing TO's praises. ANd then pretty much saying nothing substantial. Best was:

Reporter: "What have you done for T.O. besides get him kicked off the team?"

Rosenhaus: "Next question."

He did a horrible job. If he could get T.O. to issue that apology yesterday, why not before it was too late. Way to go Drew!

I loved Drew Rosenhaus yesterday getting on his soapbox and singing TO's praises. ANd then pretty much saying nothing substantial. Best was:

Reporter: "What have you done for T.O. besides get him kicked off the team?"

Rosenhaus: "Next question."

He did a horrible job. If he could get T.O. to issue that apology yesterday, why not before it was too late. Way to go Drew!

586790324[/snapback]

Yeah, that was amazing...

T.O. gave a halfhearted apology last week, which was rejected by the Eagles... he's just going for damage-control now...

Yeah, that was amazing...

T.O. gave a halfhearted apology last week, which was rejected by the Eagles... he's just going for damage-control now...

586790345[/snapback]

Well that's because he only apologized to one thrid of the people he was originally supposed to. He was supposed to apologize to his team, to Donovan, and to the organization and he only did the organization last week.

Well that's because he only apologized to one thrid of the people he was originally supposed to. He was supposed to apologize to his team, to Donovan, and to the organization and he only did the organization last week.

586790847[/snapback]

Fine, i guess i should have said "thirdhearted" apology :laugh:

Michael Vick is a great QB but he does not have very good accuracy at all, as everyone knows. If TO joined the team all you would hear from him is how bad the pass was, he would be constantly downgrading vick, it would not help the falcons one bit to have Owens. Thats just my 2 cents.

toneverafalcon9rh.jpg

586786879[/snapback]

I hope you are right...

SOURCE

FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. - Michael Vick wouldn't mind having Terrell Owens line up at receiver for the Atlanta Falcons ? as long as T.O. understands one thing.

"This is my team," Vick said Wednesday.

Im also a Falcon fan but here are my opinions why TO should be in the ATL

TO in ATL will be good For ATL.

other teams will keep 8 out of the box

will free up the run game

TO is the type of WR that is great in the westcoast offence big, and brake one for a TD. i know TO likes to go deep but he is geting old.

how about this hometown of atlanta, him and vick would be insane, all vick needs is a wide receiver and i am sure mora could do a good job taming him.

586781995[/snapback]

You're kidding, right? Vick has had good WRs. He just is incompetent and can't hit them with passes.

Jerry Rice on one side and Moss on the other, and Vick would still be incompetent.

He is what he is. A RB playing QB.

Someone will take them but should they no. He is not a team player and it shows. TO is very self centerd and his apology lacked merit and sincerity. Ohh and one for TO. There is no "I" in team but there is one in "D**K"