NCAA Mens B-Ball Official Thread

oh just for the record, JJ finishes the night 3-18!!!

those are some POY numbers right there! way to show your best stuff on the big stage! :rolleyes:

i am so glad i will never have to see him in a duke basketball game again...well at least for 2 years until he comes back to be an assistant coach.

Ya know for some reason I had it in my head that Redick and Williams were freshmen on the last Duke team that won the championship. I didn't realize it was in 2001. Sucks for them that they never even got them to a championship game, especially with all the "great 1-2 punch" talk we heard for their whole Duke careers.

you fell for the great white hype! most overrated basketball team in history folks! they did JACK!

god this feels so good....

since my bracket has been busted since the 2nd round, I'm just sitting back and enjoying the games now. I had Duke losing to Texas in the next round.

you fell for the great white hype! most overrated basketball team in history folks! they did JACK!

god this feels so good....

*coughfab5cough* :p that team had far too much talent to not win anything far more then duke Therefore, more overrated then duke. Kansas was the most overrated team in the tourney this year

Edited by Dark Warhawk

OMG! OMG!!! What a finish in the UCLA-Gonzaga game too!!!! What a comeback! UCLA getting the steal instead of fouling! OMG!!!! I LOVE THE TOURNEY!!!!!!

Nice to see a guy cry lieka little girl.... speaking of the great white hype...

Yeah I mean what's wrong with someone who put their heart and soul into a season and played their ass off to lose a heartbreaker like that. What a wuss :rolleyes:

As a fellow big man, I feel pretty bad for Sheldon Williams he busted his ass on offense the whole tournament, and played pretty good defense only to lose because the rest of his team could not hit anything?:pinch:h:

As a fellow big man, I feel pretty bad for Sheldon Williams he busted his ass on offense the whole tournament, and played pretty good defense only to lose because the rest of his team could not hit anything?:pinch:h:

aka JJ Redick

Yeah I mean what's wrong with someone who put their heart and soul into a season and played their ass off to lose a heartbreaker like that. What a wuss :rolleyes:

Thank you for repeating what I've been saying in all these POTY topics. Everyone can hate Duke all they want and call them overrated all they want, but you don't make the sweet-16 four years in a row based on luck and being overhyped.

Hating college players simply because you don't like powerhouses is silly. They're not being paid money, they're not defecting to other teams for stupid reasons (like in a lot of professional leagues), I just don't get it -- how can you hate someone so much for no reason at all... when they're not even your team's rival, you just hate a school being a contender everytime in recent memory?

oh god, why must you always bring this up? we've argued this ad nauseum. are they a contender? are they really? they haven't made it to the final since 2001. you think a contender would be able to do that...

duke is no better than any other of the "top" teams.

Thank you for repeating what I've been saying in all these POTY topics. Everyone can hate Duke all they want and call them overrated all they want, but you don't make the sweet-16 four years in a row based on luck and being overhyped.

Hating college players simply because you don't like powerhouses is silly. They're not being paid money, they're not defecting to other teams for stupid reasons (like in a lot of professional leagues), I just don't get it -- how can you hate someone so much for no reason at all... when they're not even your team's rival, you just hate a school being a contender everytime in recent memory?

Because they are Duke, silly. :D

Seriously some people just hate media darlings like Duke. Take the NE Patriots for example. Before their current run of Super Bowls, they didn't get that much press outside of Boston. When the run started, all we heard was how great the team was. The over saturation of coverage and some of the fans hyperbole just rubs people the wrong way.

Nothing to get upset over.

Brandon Roy is dominating UCONN right now.

I told you all to watch out for this guy. Because of the East Coast bias, guys like him are always under the radar (I still find it amazing ESPN even knows who Adam Morrison is).