NCAA Mens B-Ball Official Thread

streaming for free? thats cool. hows the quality? the one thing i like about my job (working for an lcd tv maker) is i get to watch tv all day long. we have directv and OTA HD, so i should be able to catch all the games. i saw directv doing a commercial where you can watch all 4 on one screen, but i think that might cost money.

streaming for free? thats cool. hows the quality? the one thing i like about my job (working for an lcd tv maker) is i get to watch tv all day long. we have directv and OTA HD, so i should be able to catch all the games. i saw directv doing a commercial where you can watch all 4 on one screen, but i think that might cost money.

I envy you. Deeply lol. I don't know how the quality is going to be but I'll definitely be finding out on Thursday lol.

So now that the brackets are all set anyone care to give their Final Four predictions?

Atlanta - Texas (I say they get their revenge on Duke)

Oakland - Gonzaga (the Zags finally don't underachieve as a power)

D.C. - UConn (Mich. St-UNC possible matchup in round 2 as a rematch of last year's national semifinal could be awesome, go Heels!)

Minneapolis - Villanova (assuming Ray is really fine. If I hear something new this could change. they eek out a win over Ohio St. in the regional final)

And my pick to win it all? 'Nova (again assuming Ray is healthy)

The Buckeyes are gonna win the Big Ten tourney to. Then Win the Big One.

Guess they are done, huh? hehe

Gators win their second SEC title, and back to back. I see them going VERY FAR.

Tennessee being a #2 seed ahead of Florida though has to be the biggest joke ever.

man, no wolverines....such a shame. this group of seniors has been through so much....and they did have a good year overall. they really should have been there. who's gonna do a fantasy pickem league? yahoo has such a thing, right?

Glad to see Arkansas back in the tournament after a five year absence. Unfortunately we will have a tough game against Bucknell. If the Hogs get past them, they play Memphis. That match up does conjure up memories of the mid nineties when both programs were great programs.

Tennessee and UNC being ahead of Illinois is plain silly. Tennessee is at best a 5 seed.

It would have been nice if UNC was playing the first 2 rounds in NC instead of Ohio.

boy do those espn experts really have it tough. digger phelps was giving his bracket picks. sure it's easy when all you do is pick the favorite for every match except 2. one of which was a 9 over an 8, and the other was a 10 over a 7. grow a pair, man. everbody knows there is 7-10 numerical upsets every year, including a 12 over a 5.

The hardest part is picking the right upsets. One wrong pick could mess up the entire bracket.

exactly. there will be 4-8 upsets first round. you can pick the higher seed all the way through, and you'll do decent, but you won't finish higher than middle of the pack. you'll have 4-8 wrong pics. if you want to win, you have to call the upsets. but if you call the wrong upsets, then you'll have 8-16 wrong pics. i always go for it though....but i usually end up sucking.

The first game goes to Monmouth 79-41 over Hampton. The only local school in the men's tournament is gone already.

monmout over nova anyone? ;)

man, i hope my picks do well this year. my sheet is a mess of scribbles, cross outs, notes, etc. l

monmout over nova anyone? ;)

From what I hear a lot of people saying, a number 1 could fall, and the obvious weak #1 is Memphis. Although I doubt it will happen, and I didn't have the guts to pick it, but Oral Roberts could pull the shocker. I wanna see a #1 fall in the first round. I still remember back about 4 or 5 years or so ago, when Holy Cross almost took down #1 Kansas.

From what I hear a lot of people saying, a number 1 could fall, and the obvious weak #1 is Memphis. Although I doubt it will happen, and I didn't have the guts to pick it, but Oral Roberts could pull the shocker. I wanna see a #1 fall in the first round. I still remember back about 4 or 5 years or so ago, when Holy Cross almost took down #1 Kansas.

If Memphis falls, I'll be in trouble. I have Kansas and Memphis playing in the sweet sixteen, with memphis currently winning, but i'm just not sure yet.

Just in case anyone's wondering the CBS Sportsline March Madness on Demand thing is pretty cool. Once you get into the "arena" you choose whatever game you want, except for whatever's being shown on your local CBS affiliate which is blacked out. For me that means the Seton Hall - Wichita St. game is blacked out but I got it going on the TV. I'm watching the OU - UW-Milwaukee game online. It's basically the TV broadcast put online, commercials included lol.

UW-Mil is running on OU early on. OU can't keep up. Good. I didn't put any brackets in any contests because I just wanted to enjoy the tourney this year and not have to worry about my picks but in my personal bracket this was one of my early upsets.

Hmmm, might be running a bit delayed. I glanced at the TV and the score update for the game was 10-8 UW-Mil before OU scored their 8th point online lol. Still cool though.

O man we might be in store for the first BIG upset. Pacific is up 6 on BC in OT. Man Pacific owns the Big East in this tourney if they pull this one off too. Two years ago it was Providence and Pitt last year. lol

My bracket is dead if BC loses

Again that's why I didn't put any in this year. Just want to enjoy the games and not stress or care. lol Besides don't feel too bad. A lot of "experts" would have their brackets screwed up with a BC loss too.