Need For Speed: Most Wanted Tips & Tricks

Some things that passed me, that might have passed you...

• When you're in Options, press 2 to view the advanced options.
  • Speedbreaker is binded to the right ctrl button, which may be awkward when using the keyboard as your control system. I have personally binded the left ctrl for Speedbreaker and the left alt for the N20 (Nitrous Oxide) button.
  • A Windowed Mode patch has been created, if anyone wants it.

Maybe people could add to this thread with any tips/tricks/mods etc. that you find useful?

I'm down to the 6th guy now. One that drives Gallardo.

My suggestions are: (to make your life easier)

+ Stick to one car, and one car only (a car that you feel most comfortable driving). Newly unlocked cars do not mean faster/better... well.. technically they are, but not in this game. I've beaten DB9s and Ford GT with my A4 :p. Spend the most of your money on that car, get upgrades for it.

+ When you get to pick two "prizes" from the losing opponent, TRY to pick the "unique performance upgrade" everytime you have to pick 'em

+ Memorize a specific area well enough, an area you know by heart (meaning: how to get there, what's in the area, pros and cons of the area, how to get out of there, hiding spots and pursuit breaker spots). Which in my case, is the Ocean Hill Dr. and Broadway Ave. (one close to your safe house, there's a boat just down the road near by the dock/restaurant area).

+ If you know you're not very good with Milestones challenge (I know I suck at 'em), try to do 'em one by one as suppose trying to complete more than 2 milestones in one shot. However.. very rarely I get to complete one task at a time.. usually one lead into another. I managed to pull a 880,000 bounty in one shot. That was pure luck on my side... That was a stage 4 pursuit too!

+ Whenever you're gonna ram through a roadblock, make sure you activate the speedbreaker, get a good look at the block, see if there's any spike trap. Spike traps kill you fast, so AVOID them. Also, when you wanna pass through road blocks, either a) do it from the sides.. the sides are usually uncovered (roadblocks often don't cover the whole street), or if you have really tight space... just tip the end of a police car, look for gaps basically.. and hit the cop cars from the rear/front of their cars.. never the middle.

anybody playing this with anything like a 6800 vanilla and an amd 2800+ with 1gb ram? care to share your video settings? it's been a few years since i've played a pc game....thanks.

is there any special key to take screenshots or do you have to print screen and paste.. cause that's incredibly annoying, being that every other game has a screenshot key.

anybody playing this with anything like a 6800 vanilla and an amd 2800+ with 1gb ram?  care to share your video settings?  it's been a few years since i've played a pc game....thanks.

586830310[/snapback]

Mines close, I just have a P4 2.8HT instead of AMD 2800+

Everything maxed, runs flawlessly and smooth.

HDR is beautiful.:happy:

anybody playing this with anything like a 6800 vanilla and an amd 2800+ with 1gb ram?  care to share your video settings?  it's been a few years since i've played a pc game....thanks.

586830310[/snapback]

im playing with 6800 vanilla unlocked, Athlon 2800 64 1.8 @ 2.2 with 1 gig of ram at 1024x768 max settings

+ Whenever you're gonna ram through a roadblock, make sure you activate the speedbreaker, get a good look at the block, see if there's any spike trap. Spike traps kill you fast, so AVOID them. Also, when you wanna pass through road blocks, either a) do it from the sides.. the sides are usually uncovered (roadblocks often don't cover the whole street), or if you have really tight space... just tip the end of a police car, look for gaps basically.. and hit the cop cars from the rear/front of their cars.. never the middle.

True for the most part. Spike strips are pretty easy to see and you'll notice where they are in most cases. I usually ram a cruiser near the rear end or if I'm traveling at a decent rate of speed(140-170mph) I'll just ram them like a bull in the middle sends the ones facing sideways flying the Dodge Durango look alikes are easy to "punt".

Mines close, I just have a P4 2.8HT instead of AMD 2800+

Everything maxed, runs flawlessly and smooth. 

HDR is beautiful.:happy:

586830666[/snapback]

There is no HDR in NFS :p

It's just simulating it

is there any special key to take screenshots or do you have to print screen and paste.. cause that's incredibly annoying, being that every other game has a screenshot key.

586830374[/snapback]

Not as far as I know - But I use FRAP's and that has a screenshot key ;)

586830374[/snapback]

F12, and the image ends up in My Documents.

actually, i read in psm or another mag or something saying that it's better to not spend much money on cars but use the won ones. (just a matter of getting used to them)

586834666[/snapback]

That's what I do. I havn't upgraded any cars, I just get the pink slip every time I beat a race. So far I've had no problem and I'm about half through the list.

That's what I do. I havn't upgraded any cars, I just get the pink slip every time I beat a race. So far I've had no problem and I'm about half through the list.

586834688[/snapback]

Bah! I've beaten four drivers so far and haven't gotten a single slip :angry:

I used one on the unique performance upgrade (last one was a supercharger but I didn't have the parts for it :() and the other one on the questions mark. Tried a different one each time. Hell, the last one was a "eenie meenie miney moe".

so nobody using an xbox controller?  what controllers are you guys using?

586838292[/snapback]

Keyboard until the Xbox 360 controller comes out in a few weeks.

I cannot for the life of me get past another milestone for JV. I mean, I pull em off, but I always get busted. It's not that I run over spike strips (I've learned to avoid those), but pretty much every time I get busted it's because a bunch of cop cars will crash in front of me and then I get boxed in, or I'll try to hit a weak point in a road block and all the cop cars will flip in front of me and I'm blocked.

Any insight on what I'm doing wrong here? I just can't figure this out.