Need For Speed: Most Wanted Tips & Tricks

How do you change the resoultion to be greater than 1024 x 768?

586863211[/snapback]

Screenshot attached...

The Cache Size mod in the Registery from the Guide look to work im at 1600 everythings up and it look to work well... :happy:

Screenshot attached...

586863219[/snapback]

I only have three options though. 640 x 480, 800 x 600 and 1024 x 768???

I only have three options though. 640 x 480, 800 x 600 and 1024 x 768???

586863606[/snapback]

What graphics card and drivers are you using?

What graphics card and drivers are you using?

586863616[/snapback]

6600GT with latest nVidia drivers.

Here's a tip for the people that want analog for the gas and break on the triggers of the Xbox controllers. Get the above mentioned XBCD 1.07 drivers. Then launch the controller setup and do this:

• 1. Click on the xbox tab at the top
    2. Click on the button next to the circle with LT (Left trigger)
    3. Set it for Axis - Z+ or Z-
    4. Do the same for the RT
    5. Click on the windows tab and make sure that the Z axis is turned on!
    6. Hit the left and right triggers and the slider should go up and down.
    7. Make sure that you save the profile
    8. Read the instructions for the drivers for more info. You can have more than 1 profile for your controller so that you can have different settings for different games.

P.S. I have my Device Type setting at the top set to gamepad.

P.P.S. Here is a link to the documentation for the drivers

http://atlas.walagata.com/w/al3x/XBCD_Guide_Final_Rev.zip

6600GT with latest nVidia drivers.

586863619[/snapback]

Is this the same bug that I had with Underground 2? First, EA is stupid enough not to skip over resolution not supported by video card. By default, nVidia does not support 1280x960 and this is the step following 1024x768 right before 1280x1024.

What you need to do is to force your nVidia driver and make a 1280x960 setting.

Go back in your game, select your resolution and VOIL?! You should be able to see 1280x960 and after that, 1280x1024.

Hope this helps.

:DD

yea i seriously need some help. by the time i can actually complete the milestones i need i ALWAYS get busted. i have literally tried this same milestone 2 dozen times, maybe more. i either get away way before i have time to complete any milestones or i go for so long there's like 20 cars and a helicopter chasing me at all times. im starting to think this game is impossible to beat from this point on. please help...

yea i seriously need some help. by the time i can actually complete the milestones i need i ALWAYS get busted. i have literally tried this same milestone 2 dozen times, maybe more. i either get away way before i have time to complete any milestones or i go for so long there's like 20 cars and a helicopter chasing me at all times. im starting to think this game is impossible to beat from this point on. please help...

586866061[/snapback]

Heh,,, it's not imposible to beat... thrust me...

It's HARD sometimes but posible...

And what the Hec with any one that are not able to get an higer res than 1280?

I can do 1600 eazy right here... :pinch:

Maybe that a 6600GT is not enough powerfull to make it?

Is this the same bug that I had with Underground 2?  First, EA is stupid enough not to skip over resolution not supported by video card.  By default, nVidia does not support 1280x960 and this is the step following 1024x768 right before 1280x1024.

What you need to do is to force your nVidia driver and make a 1280x960 setting.

Go back in your game, select your resolution and VOIL?!  You should be able to see 1280x960 and after that, 1280x1024.

Hope this helps.

:DD

586864985[/snapback]

Could you explain what you mean by

nVidia does not support 1280x960

I have my PC connected to my HDTV which runs at 1360 x 768 which runs fine. Every other game, HL2, HL2LC with HDR etc works over and above 1280 x 960. Only NFSUG2 and NFSMW wont work above 1024 x 768. Is this a problem with just these two games? I'm not sure what the problem is.:unsure::

I have my PC connected to my HDTV which runs at 1360 x 768 which runs fine. Every other game, HL2, HL2LC with HDR etc works over and above 1280 x 960. Only NFSUG2 and NFSMW wont work above 1024 x 768. Is this a problem with just these two games? I'm not sure what the problem is. :unsure:

Anyone?

Does anyone have any tips for avoiding the SUV cops? I keep getting to the point where I'm on heat 3 and just about to go to heat 4, then SUV's start coming after me and ramming me. I just can't find a way to avoid them! They just come at me and then I find my car flipping through the air all of the time!

use a better car, the more faster car and the more it cost usally is faster(more power) and have alot of weight, weight is very important because like corvet, gallardo,viper,911 turbo are heavy cars, so if cops try to ram you they will be weak and you have a better chance of geting away, and if they have you boxed in you just ram them back trying to escape it works on those models, i think Heat Level 5 is so easy and i love raming the corvet cops, they are 20,000 a piece! you make alot of bounty that way.

post anything you need help with

Does anyone have any tips for avoiding the SUV cops? I keep getting to the point where I'm on heat 3 and just about to go to heat 4, then SUV's start coming after me and ramming me. I just can't find a way to avoid them! They just come at me and then I find my car flipping through the air all of the time!

Gotta use that speedbreaker. If you use it when you see them coming from far away, you can usually avoid them.

I have my PC connected to my HDTV which runs at 1360 x 768 which runs fine. Every other game, HL2, HL2LC with HDR etc works over and above 1280 x 960. Only NFSUG2 and NFSMW wont work above 1024 x 768. Is this a problem with just these two games? I'm not sure what the problem is. :unsure:

Take it noone knows how to set the resolution above 1024 x 768. :unsure:

Can someone tell me how many cars you can have total in the career mode? What about the My Cars thing? how many cars can go in there? I've seen some say 12 and some even say 15. Also, what is the purpose of the My Cars thing? Is it just for customizing your own cars for quick race? What cars do you use when you go online?

Can someone tell me how many cars you can have total in the career mode? What about the My Cars thing? how many cars can go in there? I've seen some say 12 and some even say 15. Also, what is the purpose of the My Cars thing? Is it just for customizing your own cars for quick race? What cars do you use when you go online?

Not sure about career but in My Cars the maximum is 20 cars, which can be used in online mode or quick race mode.

Anyone know if its a bug not being able to set the resolution above 1024 x 768. Cant seem to find any info anywhere on this.

Anyone know if its a bug not being able to set the resolution above 1024 x 768. Cant seem to find any info anywhere on this.

I would think if anyone had an answer to this, it would have been given by now. It might be a problem w/ the drivers for your video card, but I have seen other people complaining about this too so it could be a problem w/ the game itself.

I have to use 800x600 on my game because it runs too slowly at anything higher. If your PC is powerfull enough, turn up the Anti-Aliasing and Anisotropic filtering so it looks better.

whats real fun is after you beat razor (#1 spot) you win your bmw back and watch a cool movie, then start a level 6 cop chase till the final stunt.. im not gonna say anymore so i dont ruin it for anyone.. i played with the caymen until i unlocked the carrara.. she's a good roadblock buster.