Can itunes play .ape/.flac/.mpc?

Question

as the topic says is there any way for itunes to play .ape, .flac and .mpc? im on windows btw. I just recently switched to itunes and love how it organizes my mp3s. One big drawback is that it cant play those files == and i hav quite a few of them ><;

any help would be appreciated!

10 answers to this question

i still have my foobar2000 (its what i switched from). So currently im using foobar to play the lossless formats....but im tired of foobar's ui for now and want to fully utilise itunes (also the itunes interface is so pretty XD).

@meamog -- do u have the links handy?

iTunes cannot play those formats, but there maybe a QuickTime plugin for some or all of those.

It is really the one pet peeve I have with iTunes.

It will play AAC lossless if you don't mind converting. If you get mplugin, you can use the foobar engine with the itunes interface but the problem is getting itunes to list the files. The current version doesn't work with the ogg plugin either although it might work if you use the foobar engine.

I just checked Aquasoft and I see you've already posted there. :rofl:

http://www.aqua-soft.org/board/showthread.php?t=29035

i still have my foobar2000 (its what i switched from). So currently im using foobar to play the lossless formats....but im tired of foobar's ui for now and want to fully utilise itunes (also the itunes interface is so pretty XD).

@meamog -- do u have the links handy?

You know you can customise the foobar UI to pretty much anything you want? (also iTunes is such a horrible resource-hungry POS)

*hates iTunes ever since I used it on my old PC and one of Apple's updates made it go from no lag at all to response-times you could measure in seconds*