Pocket PC Must-Haves

What are some must-haves (software) for your pocket PC? So far I havent had any luck digging some really cool apps.

I have a Dell Axim X30 624MHz running Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition (Yeah my PPC is old and Dell didnt release WM5 for X30s :( ) Well anyway what are some good apps to install on it? Games, themes, utilities or w/e

So far I got:

Apps

Microsoft Reader + Dictionary

BibleReader

Utilites:

PowerCheck

Games

4-in-line

A Viking Saga

Chinese Chess

Space Trader

TankZone

Tetris

Warring States

What else do you got on yours, preferably free?

MobiReader beats the socks off MS reader.

I've also got Spb Pocket Plus which is a wonderful program. Since you also have the BibleReader, what version of the bible do you have? I have the New Living Translation (wonderful easy to read version) ... and the American Standard, and King James.

Games

Solitare, Euchre, Hearts, Scrabble, Jaw Breaker (Ballon Poping game), Backgammon, Monopoly and Chess. I'd be happy to send you copies of the games.

APPS

Wisbar Advance - to really close the programs, instead of minimizing them, change the look of the taskbar, check battery status, change the start menu, and more stuff.

Mobipocket Reader 5 - For ebook. Works great with their Office Companion. I just load up a book in Word format, convert it, and it looks great.

Repligo - To read PDFs, without Adobe Reader, which sucks.

Textmaker - A replacement to Microsoft's awful Pocket Word. Still can't believe the Palms have better Office implementation via DocsToGo.

Resco Explorer and Today Plugin - Consumes virtually no resources, and lets you add storage, and program shortcuts to the Today screen.

Games:

Arvale 1 & 2 (RPGs)

Skyforce

Lemonade Tycoon

Age of Empires Gold Edition

Legacy Legend 2

Pocket Nester NES emulator

Wisbar Advance - to really close the programs, instead of minimizing them, change the look of the taskbar, check battery status, change the start menu, and more stuff.

If you're more of a minimal person, get vBar instead.

My absolute must-haves are:

1) WisbarAdvance 2.0 and WisbarAdvance Desktop - the two most amazing programs you will ever find skinning wise.

2) Marsware's WeatherPanel (not really supported any longer but still is awesome anyway, although SBSH's PocketWeather is supposed to be pretty close)

3) SBSH's PocketBreeze - the only calendar/task/notes/email/more Today plugin you will ever need!

4) SBSH's iLauncher - terrific shortcut/task launcher just like SPB Pocket Plus but also lets you put icons on the system tray.

TomeRaider - Buy this and a 1GB storage card. Download the Wikipedia and have a wealth of human knowledge at your finger tips. Best thing ever.

PhatPad - Nice phat way to take notes.

Adobe Reader 2.0

Microsoft Reader

Pocket Nester - always a treat

Sky Force - pretty fun.

Snails - will hold your attention while taking a crap.

I'm not really into the entire PIM aspects of PDAs (my life really isn't that hectic). But I still use mine all the time and enjoy it. A lot of storage is must.

I just got my Axim x51 (Xmas came early!), and loaded it up with quite a few apps. For those of you who have Wisbar Desktop, do you think purchasing the code was worth it?

... or is there a way to get it for free ;)

I just got my Axim x51 (Xmas came early!), and loaded it up with quite a few apps. For those of you who have Wisbar Desktop, do you think purchasing the code was worth it?

... or is there a way to get it for free ;)

It's soooo worth it! I just posted a screenie of WAD on my Axim x50v in the screenshots thread of this forum, and others have too - you can get your device to look totally different from what it ordinarily looks like! I don't know about where to get it for free, :no: and imagine it would be difficult as registration is tied to the user's name. But it doesn't cost much, and is really worth it. :) I have noticed no slowdowns or memory issues either.

for me

wisbar advance

phonealarm (today plugin)

pocketinformant2005 (calender/contact list replacement)

egress (rss reader)

spb pocket plus

resco explorer/registry

How could you guys have missed the best game of all time for the PocketPC?!? Well it was one of the best games for PC and they ported it over to PocketPC.

POCKETQUAKE!

Absolutely amazing and I have the same handeheld as you and trust me it runs amazingly.

^^ That looks pretty cool,

Microsoft Pocket Streets 2005

Microsoft Voice Command

Today Alarm Plugin

AM Tasks+ Today Plugin

DTSsysView - Great app manager

CWS CodeStore - password app

PsShutXP - great restart/shutdown app very cool

SBSH Pocket Breeze

Wisbar Advance

Wisbar Advance Desktop

Games:

Snails 2

Links Golf

Dope Wars

Air Hockey 3d

Atomic Cannon

Xonix

Chees

Battleships

Yahtzee

Billards

Go the pocket PCs and all their mobile goodness :)

PocketIRC costs $15 but is the best handheld irc client out there.

PocketVNC - free VNC client, a little slow but usable when you need to get access to your PC

PockeTTY is pretty expensive SSH client but the trial is fully functional but only allows 5 min sessions. This isn't really a big deal as you probably won't wanna use the program for extended use, just when you need to log in and run a few commands.

I'm loving Morphgear!

I just wish I had the cash for Lemonade Tycoon :cry:

Right now I'm using:

Wisbar Advance 2

Minimo

Flash Assist

MagicSS

TCPMP

VisualGuitarTuner

Tube 2

Warring States

I'm loving Morphgear!

I just wish I had the cash for Lemonade Tycoon :cry:

Right now I'm using:

Wisbar Advance 2

Minimo

Flash Assist

MagicSS

TCPMP

VisualGuitarTuner

Tube 2

Warring States

Don't bother with Lemonade Tycoon. Granted, it's a great game at the beginning, but once you get all the upgrades (which aren't many), and figure out the trick to do mad cash, it get boring. Fast.

I have a Dell Axim 30v too, and I received my windows mobile 5.0 in early November. It runs pretty well on the device, although occasionally is it slow due to the memory conversion thing that is new in 5.0.

Apps:

Wisbar Advance 2

Microsoft Voice Command

Cobuild dictionary

RDCalc

I had this application for a while but now I don't have it, but basically what it does is make it possible to view shared file in the network you connected. For example, you can view your shared files on your computer while you are on your PDA.

Games:

Microsoft Entertainment PocketPak

Everquest

I have a Dell Axim 30v too, and I received my windows mobile 5.0 in early November. It runs pretty well on the device, although occasionally is it slow due to the memory conversion thing that is new in 5.0.

Apps:

Wisbar Advance 2

Microsoft Voice Command

Cobuild dictionary

RDCalc

I had this application for a while but now I don't have it, but basically what it does is make it possible to view shared file in the network you connected. For example, you can view your shared files on your computer while you are on your PDA.

Games:

Microsoft Entertainment PocketPak

Everquest

x50 you mean.