Pocket PC Must-Haves

Technically I don't have a PocketPC (Palm 3! yes I know it's very old but it does the job just fine :happy:) but a must have for that (for me anyway) is SFCave, it's a very simple game but surprisingly addictive and great for killing time :) other then that not much else...mainly cause it doesn't really have the room for anything else :p :blush:

How come no one is mentioning "Sprite Backup" ?

In one unlucky day, somehow you can't go into your Windows/Today screen anymore. Hard resets, and poof...all your programs, sms, addresses, etc gone.

BUT! Restore your backup file with sprite backup, and voila! everything is the back like it was!

• 3 weeks later...

I was just about to make a thread asking for "must-haves" for PPC. I just got an iPAQ h5455 and I'm still trying to find some extras that will come in handy. Right now, all I have is a medical dictionary and drug reference since that's my main purpose for getting a PDA.

I do have to recommend Pocket-DVD Studio along with TCPMP. I converted my Family Guy DVD down to 488MB to put on my 1GB SD card and the thing looks beautiful on the iPAQ screen. Also, Pocket Streets 2005 is good but the map available for my area is pretty sparse. It only has in-city locations and is missing all of the north city itself. Kind of disappointing. Short of purchasing a GPS, anyone know of some other good map utilities?

• 10 months later...

Looking for software to track driving mileage anyone know of any?

Dell Axim X5

Thanks,

Bill

Pocket Excel will do it for you, with the mileage log spreadsheet.

If you click on the arrow next to the new button, it will pop with that, and a couple other templates.

Surprised someone else is still using an X5 too.

get at least a 512mb memory card so u can use it as an mp3 player. i've got a 1gig card and i use it for music and a new tv episode of something every day. also, a weather program is a good thing to have.

Pocket Excel will do it for you, with the mileage log spreadsheet.

If you click on the arrow next to the new button, it will pop with that, and a couple other templates.

Surprised someone else is still using an X5 too.

Thank you I had no clue it was there :)

I just bout the X5 used from a friend

Bill