Can USC Beat A NFL Team?

Can USC Beat A NFL Team?  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Can USC Beat A NFL Team?

• Yes
    • No

damn, i agree. this nonsense has gone on for too long. usc can't even beat a good college team, let alone an NFL team. and yes, the fact that they didn't beat texas DOES have something to do with it. texas' D will probably have only a few guys playing in the pros. if USC can't beat them, what makes you think they can beat a D with the best of the best?

Texas was lucky to beat them.

USC has beaten good college teams. What are you talking about? No one wins every game.

Nah, USC was lucky to stay that close, even with that lead they had near the end of the game. There are a few big differences between college and NFL... speed, strength, and coaching, to name a few. How well did Pete Carroll do when he had to coach against NFL teams anyway... I'll let you go find out and decide that for yourself.

As for the speed and strength, its no comparison. NFL players are paid to run and work out all day every day. College players have a limited practice and work out schedule and their bodies aren't fully developed yet. Watch next year to see how it looks like Reggie Bush will have slowed down. He won't, he'll probably be even faster, but everyone else on the field will be much much faster too.

The answer is no, plain and simple. Those who don't realize this are deranged. USC has a lot of players that will never make it to the NFL. They're just not good enough. Also remember that the guys in the NFL are much bigger, stronger, and faster, plus they all have much more experience with the game. USC would get beat down, even by the worst team in the NFL.

Plus, what I'm arguing is that USC would have a shot at beating SF. You're arguing "Well, USC's defense is as bad as SF's." OK. Well, their offense is better than SF's. That would make them a better team.

Even if they aren't a better team, they would still give SF a run for their money.

SF has a D, they are in all the time because of their offence abilty or unabilty to move the ball and get 1st downs

quite possibly the dumbest question asked about sports

OF COURSE NO! There is a reason why it is college and PRO. USC is a dominant college team that would get creamed by any NFL team. NFL teams are made up of college superstars, whether its the worst or the best team in the NFL. Only the cream of the crop from college ever make it to the NFL.

Could USC beat a team made up of all the best players in college from this season? Probably not. And every NFL team is basicly an college all-star team. So...

Figure it out... :no:

lmao, I love how you people still argue this constantly. No college team would have a snowballs chance in hell of beating a pro team, it just wouldn't happen. I could go into thousands of reasons why, and about that many again specific to USC, but I won't bother. It's not going to happen, nor is it ever going to be attempted, so lets give it a rest.

How do you know until it happens? Neither side can say with any certainty what would happen, so don't pretend to. You can say what you believe would happen, but the fact that many people think both outcomes are possible just shows that it's more than a "snowball's chance in hell."

How do you know until it happens? Neither side can say with any certainty what would happen, so don't pretend to. You can say what you believe would happen, but the fact that many people think both outcomes are possible just shows that it's more than a "snowball's chance in hell."

People also believe that the Earth is flat. That doesn't mean that they are right. I given stats that show how most quaterbacks struggle in their first year starting which is due to the difference in talent levels.

People also believe that the Earth is flat. That doesn't mean that they are right. I given stats that show how most quaterbacks struggle in their first year starting which is due to the difference in talent levels.

No, that is a completely different comparison.

A more viable comparison is that the United States was not supposed to beat Russia in the "Miracle on Ice." Or that the Soviet Union was never supposed to beat the United States in basketball. It is nothing like saying the Earth is flat. It's believing the probable, but unlikely, in sports.

Notice that none of those sports are football. In football, teams can that are more talented can physically dominated inferior opponents. Also the schemes are more complex in the NFL.

It isn't going to happen, I am sorry. USC can't even beat Texas, let alone the Texans. USC has NFL Caliber players at their skill positions on offense, but their Offensive Line would get absolutely demolished. Also their defense is not very good at all, Notre Dame, Fresno State, and Texas had no issues putting up points on them, any NFL team would rip them apart.

College athletes are not at the same level as NFL athletes, and suggesting that USC is better than any NFL team is stupid.

Notice that none of those sports are football. In football, teams can that are more talented can physically dominated inferior opponents. Also the schemes are more complex in the NFL.

You could easily say the same thing about hockey. And I gave the first two examples on the top of my head. I'm sure more football-minded people could spit off a number of football games in which the underdog beat a far superior opponent.

Upsets in sports in not a new thing. The Patriots over the Rams was an upset. That still has nothing to do with a college team against a pro team. Nebraska was able to use the option in college because of their superior talent on offense, but that offense wouldn't work in the NFL due to superior speed, discpline, strength, and other factors.

I don't follow hockey, so I can't comment on the talent level between the Russians and the Americans at the time. Basketball is not a contact sport. Teams rely on more on shooting than banging in the paint. There is no comparison when it comes to the line play. Just look at the number of players who dominated the college, that go on to be busts in the NFL.

Ok , i GO to Texas and LOVE the football team and all of its players, but come ON !

If the UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS beat USC. . . what chance would they have against an NFL team ?

common sense really.

Nah, USC was lucky to stay that close

They were lucky to be up 2 scores with 6 minutes left? You must've been watching a different game. Did you miss Texas getting a gift TD? They shouldn't have even been that close to USC>

Those of you who keep insulting me obviously have not SF play on the road enough.

Ok , i GO to Texas and LOVE the football team and all of its players, but come ON !

If the UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS beat USC. . . what chance would they have against an NFL team ?

common sense really.

Ever heard of matchups? I guess not.

i can see most people think that USC cant beat a NFL team. but what if the best players from the top 10 teams can they beat a NFL team

Of course, but they'd need to play together for a while. You can't just throw together a bunch of talented guys and expect them to play like a team right away.

Could USC beat a team made up of all the best players in college from this season? Probably not. And every NFL team is basicly an college all-star team.

Wrong.

I guess you didn't bother to read my post about that. Oh well...

RIF

Notice that none of those sports are football. In football, teams can that are more talented can physically dominated inferior opponents.

Any given Sunday.

While he was down, USC would have stopped them from scoring anyway. Vince already had a first and was inside the 15-yard line. It was a mere formality that they scored on that play instead of 2 plays later.

I guess you haven't heard of match-ups.

Actually just about every team is made up of former college All-Americans from different levels and different years that have had time to perfect their craft.

I read your post, but you competely blew off with a quick reponse that the offenses are just more complex and that is the sole reason for quaterback struggles. You completely ignore the defense of the other teams play in a quaterbacks struggles.

Peyton Manning has said that the reason for his difficult adjustment to the NFL was due to great defenses. He said that he had to adjust to his receivers not being as open as compared to college. Also you ignored my point about corners and safeties struggles due to superior strength and speed.

A like how you use a little cliche to support your arguement, especially when it doesn't apply to this discussion. That line refers to the NFL were each team has similar talent at all the position due to salary cap and free agency. This is not the same thing as college where the best corner or tackle won't even make an NFL practice squad on a given team.

Oh yeah this very same topic came up on the Mike & Mike show on ESPN radio. Before Mike Greenberg could finish the question, Mike Golic, who has played in college and the NFL, quickly said that a college team would not have a chance. I think that Mike Golic knows more about the differences between the collge and pro game.

Edited by method

I read your post, but you competely blew off with a quick reponse that the offenses are just more complex and that is the sole reason for quaterback [sic] struggles. You completely ignore the defense of the other teams play in a quaterbacks struggles.

No, I agree. Real NFL defenses do make a difference. Most NFL defenses are vastly better than the typical defense a QB would face in college.

They lost against TEXAS, they can't beat an NFL team.

Thank you. I still can't believe that some people think USC can beat an NFL team. That's the most ridiculous thing I've heard since Leinart's comments after losing to Texas.

Upsets in sports in not a new thing. The Patriots over the Rams was an upset. That still has nothing to do with a college team against a pro team. Nebraska was able to use the option in college because of their superior talent on offense, but that offense wouldn't work in the NFL due to superior speed, discpline, strength, and other factors.

I don't follow hockey, so I can't comment on the talent level between the Russians and the Americans at the time. Basketball is not a contact sport. Teams rely on more on shooting than banging in the paint. There is no comparison when it comes to the line play. Just look at the number of players who dominated the college, that go on to be busts in the NFL.

In hockey it was college players (and not even the best college players) playing against the best in the entire world... because Russia was the best in the entire world. It's a common-known fact that the Russians absolutely demolished an NHL all-star team by quite a large margin. I would say that if that can happen, USC has a viable chance of beating an NFL team.

Granted, 2004/2005's USC team would be a better team than 2005/2006's.

Thank you. I still can't believe that some people think USC can beat an NFL team. That's the most ridiculous thing I've heard since Leinart's comments after losing to Texas.

Maybe USC wouldn't beat a NFL team, but it has nothing to do with that Texas game.