Nero Express 7 burning speed

Question

I used Nero Express 7 to create a Data DVD and it automatically started burning at 12X. I did not see any setting to change the write speed. Because my DVDs say "8X" on them, so I was afraid burning at 12X might give me some errors or corrupt the video files.

Anyone know how to set the speed in Nero Express 7?

7 answers to this question

On the burning screen, there is a setting to change the burning speed. If it doesn't work, go to option and change it.

It used to be there for Nero Express 6, but I don't see in in 7.

untitled29wz.th.jpg

I used Nero Express 7 to create a Data DVD and it automatically started burning at 12X. I did not see any setting to change the write speed. Because my DVDs say "8X" on them, so I was afraid burning at 12X might give me some errors or corrupt the video files.

Anyone know how to set the speed in Nero Express 7?

Nero will not burn at a speed the disc is not certified for. If the disc shows up in Nero as 12X then Nero will burn at 12X since that is the max speed the disc ID is giving it.

There is no reason to slow the drive to 8X unless you are ACTUALLY SEEING corrupt data issues.

The discs you have might say 8X on them, but their EDID is telling Nero that they are safe to burn at 12X