What movie had the best special effects...

The matrix for the first time was incredible, then reloaded highway scene was incredible, well all the matrix had great effects (not so much on plot however for 2,3)

Jurassic Park was intence for its time and T2 was awesome back in the day.

Well of all of film's history. That award would have to go to King Kong (the original) hands down. I mean you really can't compare to that, it revolutionized film at the time.

The Ten Commandments. No question about it.

And to whoever commented on King Kong, are you talking of the new one? If so, quantity does not equal quality. Sure it had a lot of effects and it was a really well made movie, but the FX at times were awful.

I would say the 90's produced the most creative/new/good effects. Like T2, Jurassic Park, Matrix, Independence Day, etc.. ever since then there have been alot of (badly made) rip offs imo.

Oh god, now that you've mentioned it I think the Ten Commandments might be it. And in case you are wondering its one of the best film ever.

And to whoever commented on King Kong, are you talking of the new one? If so, quantity does not equal quality. Sure it had a lot of effects and it was a really well made movie, but the FX at times were awful.

Well of all of film's history. That award would have to go to King Kong (the original) hands down. I mean you really can't compare to that, it revolutionized film at the time.

The Matrix (the original not CGI garbage that followed).

Star Wars (it was mind blowing when it came out...new ones are just crap)

Bladerunner