no sound in msn messenger

Question

Suddenly there aren't anymore sounds when i recieve new mail or when buddies get online. Why is that? It used to work perfectly fine a few days ago.

12 answers to this question

Under "Sounds and Audio Devices" in Control Panel, on the "Sounds" tab was there any sounds for MSN ( Scroll down )?

Go to personal settings in messenger > alerts and sounds ....and make sure that the two boxes at the bottom of the screen are ticked!

Go to personal settings in messenger > alerts and sounds ....and make sure that the two boxes at the bottom of the screen are ticked!

Both boxes are already ticked.

Under "Sounds and Audio Devices" in Control Panel, on the "Sounds" tab was there any sounds for MSN ( Scroll down )?

No. Just "No Sounds" and "Windows default".

I think you are still under the "Volume" tab. Go to the "Sounds" tab, and scroll down in the "program events" window. If there is no mention of msn messenger, I suggest you do a quick reinstall.

Yeah mine did that at some point, but it was ages ago, i forget how it was fixed, but to be honest, i turned mine off now, it interfiered with my recordings :)

-Rich-

I too have the same problem. I have msn 7.5 and there are no sounds when someone logs on or sends me a msg, infact there is no sound for any alert to do with msn. I went to control panel>sounds and my sound scheme and msn messenger is under program events. And yes in msn messenger options all sound options are checked. And i have re-installed msn many times.

I once had someone send me a reg key and when i entered it in the sounds were fully working. I forgot who the person was.

So how can i get back my sounds!!!!!!one