Steve Jobs, to preview leopard at Macworld

Err.. You banned him for that comment?

No, but you are not privy to the information us staff members have :)

Radish?

Probably about the same as Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger + Intel support.

I Just hope they dont put all these cool new features in then say the mini can't do them becuase of its graphics chip or something, that would really suck

I think the mini's great but i wish they had put a slightly more powerfull GPU in it.

do we get the leopard disk for free? or do we have to pay for it

All Mac OS X 10.x releases aren't free, so Leopard (Mac OS X 10.5) won't be either. Comparable to Windows 2000 (NT 5.0), Windows XP (NT 5.1) and Windows 95, 98, ME etc.

Only the 10.x.x releases, which are comparable to Windows service packs, are.

do we get the leopard disk for free? or do we have to pay for it

They are free if you are part of their developer program :p That $100 for student developer is possibly the most worthwhile $100 I spent. I got a bigger discount on my Powerbook and have like 5 different dvds of Mac OS X. The most recent being 10.4.3

when is the conference?

San Francisco, as every year (the US one).

Leopard makes me salivate

:drool:

Why are you drooling over an OS which is yet to be seen by anyone of the public?

All Mac OS X 10.x releases aren't free, so Leopard (Mac OS X 10.5) won't be either. Comparable to Windows 2000 (NT 5.0), Windows XP (NT 5.1) and Windows 95, 98, ME etc.

Only the 10.x.x releases, which are comparable to Windows service packs, are.

While it is correct that all OS X upgrades now cost us, it isn't true that all of em aren't free.

OS 10.0 -> 10.1 was a free upgrade.

@kiall,you will most like have to do a clean install of your OS X - I don't know how well a new OS X revision copes with archive and install. Has anyone done that when they upgraded from Panther (10.3) ?

yea I did it, 10.3.9 to 10.4, worked perfectly. I didn't lose a thing.

be nice if he offers all macosx10.4 people a free upgrade, just to like you know make people look at it more then vista or something

One of the things which I would prefer is supporting 2 mouse buttons nativally (unless tiger already does that)

System 8 did 9 years ago. These days not only do you get support for 10 button mice, you can bind all sorts of functions to them using system preferences.

EDIT: As a point of interest, support for contextual menus first appeared in Mac OS 4.1 (1987?), they were accessed by click+holding the single button but they weren't terribly common until around the time of system 7 in the mid 90s.

Edited by the evn show

System 7.x did 10 years ago, these days not only do you get support for 10 button mice, you can bind all sorts of functions to them using system preferences.

Oh.. haha well ive never used a mac with a 2 button mouse, so i didnt know that :blush:

One of the things which I would prefer is supporting 2 mouse buttons nativally (unless tiger already does that)

Panther did as well..... I don't know about before that, I never had thought to try it before I got Panther :unsure: