[Shell Patcher] Tango Icons for Windows

Wow, I just realized that I got completely confused and lost in the conversation.

Ignore my previous post.

:laugh:

I will see what I can do. That shouldn't be so hard to realize in C.

Just to make it clear:

A guiless (DOS) program which reads the file modification date and time of a given file, converts the date and time to "YYYYMMDDHHMMSS" and writes this value to an env variable called for example TANGOMODIFIED?

Precisely, with it able to take the environment variable name to write to as a parameter (so it could be called to set env. vars on one file, then another, then let CMD do its comparison and branching magic).

I think I would seriously owe you One for this, even if it is a fairly simple program :blush:

vertigosity thanks for responding to my post.

Excellent pack i check daily for updates...

Keep the good work coming...

BTW is there a miranda/foobar skin/theme around?

vertigosity thanks for responding to my post.

Excellent pack i check daily for updates...

Keep the good work coming...

BTW is there a miranda/foobar skin/theme around?

I've seen both in the desktops threads, but I don't think either have been released. Your best bet is to PM the guys who are showing them off. I think there's somebody by the name of Jim Phelps working on Miranda icons, but I don't think he's released his, and nobody wants to steal his thunder. Even if I was the sort of **** who would, I probably wouldn't, just because I'm a GAIM/iTunes man (yeah, I've got RAM to burn) and I can't really skin blind.

GAIM/iTunes man eh?

Wouldnt happen to have a tango iTunes skin laying around would you ;) Because i have my GAIM taken care of :)

GAIM/iTunes man eh?

Wouldnt happen to have a tango iTunes skin laying around would you ;) Because i have my GAIM taken care of :)

Nyet, Tango doesn't have icons for most of the things that iTunes uses, and iTunes' icons for most everything but the Folders fit in pretty well (I'm pretty sure Aqua/Crystal/Gnome are the primary targets for "fitting in") so I hadn't really bothered.

If you use this, will you be able to get your regular XP icons back?

BTW vertigosity what VS are u using in the Deviantart screenshot, it looks great

ViperAFK : You can get your XP icons back. If everything goes well, the patcher has a restore function. If everything does not go well you will just need 5 minutes and an XP CD to get your icons back :). Google is your best friend for an Opera icon (tangofied)

hehe thanks man, yeh well im runnig a ridiculous system atm (400mhz celeron... Don't ask haha)

Well ill see what i can do with the miranda etc icons, but yeh i guess if they want to be released... they will.

Thanks again

I think there's somebody by the name of Jim Phelps working on Miranda icons, but I don't think he's released his, and nobody wants to steal his thunder.

I already "steel" a part of the icons :whistle:

Edited by Capric0rn

ViperAFK : You can get your XP icons back. If everything goes well, the patcher has a restore function. If everything does not go well you will just need 5 minutes and an XP CD to get your icons back :). Google is your best friend for an Opera icon (tangofied)

I've tried searching google, but i havn't found anything

@ ViperAFK: Linky

Learn how to search :p

It was one of the first hits that linked me to the tango site with that link.

And I'm not even using Tango Icons ;)

@ ViperAFK: Linky

Learn how to search :p

It was one of the first hits that linked me to the tango site with that link.

And I'm not even using Tango Icons ;)

I'm pretty sure he's talking about the app icon, not the toolbar icons / other themey bits. That, AFAICT, hasn't been made... yet :shifty:

Yes, Ive had the theme for awhile, I've been looking for the actual opera icon to match the rest of the icons.

^ How's that work for ya? It looks a bit weird with the light source in the upper-left-hand corner above the object,

instead of the lower-right-hand corner in front of the object, but it works. IIRC, the default Opera icon doesn't even have 48x48, so... replacement FTW!

So that error with the language thing is still happening, i tried that command but it didnt do anything really (it didnt ask for my windows xp cd either so maybe i did it wrong?) is there any way i might have gotten a corrupted uninstall or something like that? im just trying to get my computer back to normal :(

Vertigosity : You need to update darkt.net with the new Opera icon ;)

Oh noes! Opera can't be ResHacked :o

Yeah, I hadn't gotten around to updating the page, Pngy goodness is up. And yeah, I as well found that out that ResHack doesn't like Opera... and it flat-out crashes ResEdit. Oh well, I'll toss it in the pack anyways, so it can be used on shortcuts. Alternatively, maybe there's a utility to decompress packed executables? Who knows!
So that error with the language thing is still happening, i tried that command but it didnt do anything really (it didnt ask for my windows xp cd either so maybe i did it wrong?) is there any way i might have gotten a corrupted uninstall or something like that? im just trying to get my computer back to normal :(
I don't think there's a way to do "sfc /scannow" wrong, unless you had file protection actually disabled. If your CD is just an SP0/1 disc, that might explain why SFC didn't catch it, maybe? The Security Center (is that the only thing that's affected?) is only around on SP2 and up... if you're really desperate and have plenty of cheap bandwidth to throw around, the SP2 installer direct from MS might give you a fresh copy. It's... possible that the backup version got corrupted, there's always a possibility for something to go wrong when you're making several copies of files, modifying them, and then throwing them around to various places. If that's the case, though, SFC would take care of it.

Precisely, with it able to take the environment variable name to write to as a parameter (so it could be called to set env. vars on one file, then another, then let CMD do its comparison and branching magic).

I think I would seriously owe you One for this, even if it is a fairly simple program :blush:

Sorry Vertigosity, I didn't the find the time to write this yet. But probably next weekend (if the Worldcup doesn't come in the way).