[Shell Patcher] Tango Icons for Windows

Tango MSN : http://benpbrown.com

Pretty noobish.

I will be back at a real PC Friday night. (BlackBerry now). Vertigosity, would you be kind enough to update the download page with new links and such?

I will update the app skins.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

i thoug it was for WLM :(, anyway great work

My Tango MSN patcher might work on WLM. I have not tried it.

It just replaces a PNG in msnmsgr.exe.

And some other icons and bitmaps.

It installs in C:\program files\msn messenger.

Maybe try to patch WLM?

Just copy msnmsgr.exe to a fol---

Wait, I just realized that msgres.dll has everything. I will try and make a WLM patcher on Friday.

Everyone, would it be a good idea to MySQLize my app skins page? With sorting options? (Type : Browser)

I need to get home :p

So much to do with no PC!

Drove home like crazy. Got a speed ticket.
Calm down there buddy, a shell pack's not worth getting a speeding ticket over. Now driving like a lunatic, and having a heck of a lot of fun doing it - that is worth one (yeah, I know, I have my fun on the road, too :p )
worked great for me :)

BTW, on my pc it created these two files, is it safe to delete them?

<image snipped>

Yes, very. I'd been doing some debugging and wanted the reshack logs, and I forgot to delete those lines, thanks.

awesome, cant wait for the final ..

also i think you should change version number to 8 cause there are alot of changes.

Nyet, I follow the version number of the official Tango release it coincides with / tracks. And no, they haven't bumped that since April :o
I'm also getting a bunch of wierd scanlines when navigating in the System Properties. Not a big deal for me but I thought I'd give a heads up smile.gif
Toss me a screenshot if it's still doing it?
lol im scared to install it . last one borked my system sad.gif
If you're worried - unselect the comctl32.dll option. It should be fixed, now, though... should be :p Edited by vertigosity

worked perfect for me this time. did it in save mode and after watching the installation process, i think the problem could have been something with the hex editor (or whatever prog you used to change the colors in the ntoskernel) because this didnt pop up last time!

Punio4 :

Lots of those are already Tangoed (check stable release ---> !extras.)

Most of the others you could do yourself easily. I made myself an Internet folder for all my web stuff.

Punio4, what a lovely request to edit icons that you use, thats so cute :>

ps: thouse are not win xp icons, so feel free to work on them yourself

pps: "you think you special, you do".

Civility, kids. Post #666 isn't a reason to go all demonoid :p

But yeah, most of those are in the !extras > Special Folders directory of the stable release. If those are the folder icons you're talking about not being changed, they won't be.

I am getting back to a real PC tomorror night so I will be able to update my app skins page then.

Whatsyourface, I might take pity and make some of those icons for you, just because I need them myself.

BTW, how do you change the icon for %programfiles%?

Vertigosity, if you haven't already, would you kindly ftp into your account and edit the HTML file with the download info?

Just change rc1 to 2 and edit the download links and remove Xi. If you can thanks, otherwise I can do it when I get on the mainland.

-bobp

Vertigosity, if you haven't already, would you kindly ftp into your account and edit the HTML file with the download info?

Just change rc1 to 2 and edit the download links and remove Xi. If you can thanks, otherwise I can do it when I get on the mainland.

-bobp

RC2? When did that come out? POST LINKS LIEK OMG N0W++?!! :woot:

(er... :x ... alright, I'm back to normal now. I called it beta3, and changed the links yesterday :yes: )

To change the Program Files directory, you'd need to create a desktop.ini file in it, I think. iColorFolder seems to do it just fine. I might do them as well, since I'm planning on archiving them up as a seperate package. I just have to copy the icons into my overlay-o-matic toy, and hit the big red button. "Downloads," "testing," and "sticky" - what're you using sticky for?