[Shell Patcher] Tango Icons for Windows

Which version of Windows do you use? That happened to me when I installed Microsoft.Windows.XP.Professional.Corporate.SP2.Integrated.July.2006.MULTI.IMAGE.REPACK-ETH0 (or earlier versions, March, April, May by the same group), that's updated version with all hotfixes and security updates until July 2006.

Then I installed Windows without all the latest updates and hotfixes and no such problem. :)

my windows is SP2 integrated (made by me) and has all the updates and it change ok

and yes Microsoft.Windows.XP.Professional.Corporate.SP2.Integrated.July.2006.MULTI.IMAGE.REPACK-ETH0 will get u flame....not that i care but some people......

vertigosity: the System Properties thing is working fine now :)

If anyone is having trouble patching a certain component on their system I'd highly suggest running the latest beta XP-ize installer in Safe Mode. Windows sometimes gets stubborn and doesn't like when you mess with it's resources but in Safe Mode, the OS usually can't do anything about a hack or patch so it works. Hope this helps :)

does all the bitmaps in the system properties get skinned?

Sorry! I meant the Desktop Properties. Have I been saying desktop properties all this time? Oops heh

I didn't even know the computer bitmap in System Properties was skinned. Neato!

Oh and ViperAFK, you might not want to show your OS serial number. I dunno how anyone could use it for bad stuff but I still don't think it is a good idea. Just my advice:pp

Less than 12 hours till a real computer!

I think I'm gonna work on databasing the app skins because there is gonna be quite a few more skins probably. Expect it in 2008 :p

Thanks vertigosity for updating the downloads page ;)

Somebody compiled a huge list of apps and that's where I will start.

Are there any other unmentioned Tango skins to be added?

I'm thinking about Foobar for one.

Sorry! I meant the Desktop Properties. Have I been saying desktop properties all this time? Oops heh

I didn't even know the computer bitmap in System Properties was skinned. Neato!

Oh and ViperAFK, you might not want to show your OS serial number. I dunno how anyone could use it for bad stuff but I still don't think it is a good idea. Just my advice :p

yea accidently uploaded the unedited screen, wasn't paying attention, fixed now, it's OEM anyway

vertigosity: the System Properties thing is working fine now :)

If anyone is having trouble patching a certain component on their system I'd highly suggest running the latest beta XP-ize installer in Safe Mode. Windows sometimes gets stubborn and doesn't like when you mess with it's resources but in Safe Mode, the OS usually can't do anything about a hack or patch so it works. Hope this helps :)

should i uninstalled the tango pack i have installed first before i run the Xp ize ? or will it be ok to run it in safe mode as is

should i uninstalled the tango pack i have installed first before i run the Xp ize ? or will it be ok to run it in safe mode as is

depends if you ever want your original XP icons back or not

sorry but i dont see what people like in tango icons, i think they look like crap

thx for posting but your a troll and need to be removed from the board

depends if you ever want your original XP icons back or not

so if i run xp-ize it wouldnt bork my tango install

I say uninstall the hack-o-matic version first before installing an XPize-based version. That way, the XPize version can maintain coherent backups from then on, regardless of whether or not you need them. If it's going to keep a backup (which it does), the backup might as well be useful.

However, it will work fine if you don't.

I say uninstall the hack-o-matic version first before installing an XPize-based version. That way, the XPize version can maintain coherent backups from then on, regardless of whether or not you need them. If it's going to keep a backup (which it does), the backup might as well be useful.

However, it will work fine if you don't.

thx for the info !

sorry but i dont see what people like in tango icons, i think they look like crap

Thank you for your opinion, however, we post on this board because we like the tango icons and are appreciative towards vertigosity for making such a wonderful patcher. If we did not like the Tango icons, we probably wouldn't waste our time posting on this particular board. Simple logic, really.

@vertigosity: Okay, dude, you officially have the coolest avatars in the world. Lovin' that tango going on there! w00t!

Gah. Chat speak hurts my head.

@Inplode: I would definetely uninstall any previous version of the Tabgo Patcher before you install the XP-ize one. Also, remember to patch AND uninstall in Safe Mode. If it borked your system last time it's probably best to be safe. Heh...I found that pun highly amusing. :shifty: