[Shell Patcher] Tango Icons for Windows

Less than 12 hours till a real computer!

I think I'm gonna work on databasing the app skins because there is gonna be quite a few more skins probably. Expect it in 2008 :p

I don't know if a database is really necessary at the moment: take a peek at the not-entirely finished new version of my page; that's entirely straight PHP. Yes, I know most/all of the file download links are broken, it's not finished yet :p I might as well warn everybody: if I get into officially being a Grand Central Index of all the application skins, I'm quite likely to go on an anal-retentive quality control rampage.

Two other things:

1. Good call on labelling darkt.net as mirror "lambda." It's ... appropriate :)

2. Want me to include the MSN/WLM patching stuff in the main installer?

@vertigosity: Okay, dude, you officially have the coolest avatars in the world. Lovin' that tango going on there! w00t!
:cool:

@Inplode: I would definetely uninstall any previous version of the Tango Patcher before you install the XP-ize one. Also, remember to patch AND uninstall in Safe Mode. If it borked your system last time it's probably best to be safe. Heh...I found that pun highly amusing. :shifty:
Yeah, but the new version has new code to not cause that problem. The old version would break things in safe mode, as well. Edited by vertigosity

I've tried finding any tango-esq trillian themes and have never been succesfull, not many people skin for trillian, and a lot of the skins are crappy

Yeah, but the new version has new code to not cause that problem. The old version would break things in safe mode, as well.

Ah. Very good then. Ignore me! Carry on!

anyone find a good Tango style Trillian Theme? I REALLY want one.

I don't think there is one. I'd make a nice one but I have no idea how to make Trillian skins. Sorry :(

there was a HUGH tango pak being worked on for miranda but it was never realesed and the guy vanished lol

but i uninstalled before installing xp-ize in safe mod and them installed the newest tango ! all went well

@vertigosity: Okay, dude, you officially have the coolest avatars in the world. Lovin' that tango going on there! w00t!

It reminds me of Legos :p

...and someone needs to finish making those miley faces so I (we) can have a nice gaim smiley set for Windows/Linux. I am using the set that's available (that I made into a theme).

I don't know if a database is really necessary at the moment: take a peek at the not-entirely finished new version of my page; that's entirely straight PHP. Yes, I know most/all of the file download links are broken, it's not finished yet :p I might as well warn everybody: if I get into officially being a Grand Central Index of all the application skins, I'm quite likely to go on an anal-retentive quality control rampage.

Two other things:

1. Good call on labelling darkt.net as mirror "lambda." It's ... appropriate :)

2. Want me to include the MSN/WLM patching stuff in the main installer?

Back on a PC for tonight and tomorrow then away for another week :angry:

1. Cool. That was just a random choice :rofl:

2. I am giving you full choice over whether to add it to the main installer. If you want to add it, go ahead. Completely. I am not asking you. If it meets your " anal-retentive quality control" go ahead and add it, otherwise I don't really care if it's added or not. That's honestly what it comes down to. I don't care in the least if it is added or not :yes:

Back on a PC for tonight and tomorrow then away for another week :angry:

1. Cool. That was just a random choice :rofl:

2. I am giving you full choice over whether to add it to the main installer. If you want to add it, go ahead. Completely. I am not asking you. If it meets your " anal-retentive quality control" go ahead and add it, otherwise I don't really care if it's added or not. That's honestly what it comes down to. I don't care in the least if it is added or not :yes:

1. I figured it was, but between Half-Life (Lambda Reactor / the Resistance), my Volvo (Lambda Sensor), and Full Metal Panic (Lambda Driver), it just fits me pretty nicely.

2. I'm waiting on you to have it working in WLM - or is it already? Link's broken on your front page, although I'm assuming it's in the root of the account I have access to? I'm not getting on you for quality control - at least not yet, I'd have to see it first - but I do have one or two skins I'm planning on PMing the authors of or fixing myself, though.

...I do have one or two skins I'm planning on PMing the authors of or fixing myself, though.

If I am one of those authors, I would be more than happy to dedicate my free time to fixing whatever is crappy in my ForecastFox theme. I'm all for quality! :p

By the way, vertigosity. I love the website! I can't even code a basic HTML page without breaking something heh.

1. I figured it was, but between Half-Life (Lambda Reactor / the Resistance), my Volvo (Lambda Sensor), and Full Metal Panic (Lambda Driver), it just fits me pretty nicely.

2. I'm waiting on you to have it working in WLM - or is it already? Link's broken on your front page, although I'm assuming it's in the root of the account I have access to? I'm not getting on you for quality control - at least not yet, I'd have to see it first - but I do have one or two skins I'm planning on PMing the authors of or fixing myself, though.

1: Yeah.. I knew that. I was just playing wit chu. :shiftyninja:

2. Whoops. benpbrown.com/download/tangomsn-setup.exe That is for 7.5.x.

I will try and get a WLM one working right this moment.

there was a HUGH tango pak being worked on for miranda but it was never realesed and the guy vanished lol

but i uninstalled before installing xp-ize in safe mod and them installed the newest tango ! all went well

I could rip all the icons from the screenshot, but it will take a while :p

Is anyone interested in that icon pack?

Mmmh... WLM's 15 megs. Pain :pc:

Edit: And you can't use a download manager on the Live beta site. Somebody's going to have to tell me where that file is.

And yeah, that seems like something decent to add - I might call it a starting point, if nothing else.

Edited by vertigosity

vertigosity : ResEdit doesn't want to automatically convert the msnmsgr.exe (7.5) BMPs to PNGs (yes, they are magic pink).

Regarding small icons and Tango, do you have to make a seperate 16x16 icon for every icon you make? I mean, do you have to basically recreate from scratch a new icon @ 16x16?

vertigosity : ResEdit doesn't want to automatically convert the msnmsgr.exe (7.5) BMPs to PNGs (yes, they are magic pink).

Regarding small icons and Tango, do you have to make a seperate 16x16 icon for every icon you make? I mean, do you have to basically recreate from scratch a new icon @ 16x16?

Nah, I adopted the "all-Inkscape" workflow - you take the same vector, and scale it down and adjust it as you go, making tweaks and dropping details at the lower sizes. For some things, you pretty much just have to line up the stroke lines to pixels for sharpness.

I could rip all the icons from the screenshot, but it will take a while :p

Is anyone interested in that icon pack?

yes!!

bobp

thanks

now some status icons for WLM :D

Nah, I adopted the "all-Inkscape" workflow - you take the same vector, and scale it down and adjust it as you go, making tweaks and dropping details at the lower sizes. For some things, you pretty much just have to line up the stroke lines to pixels for sharpness.

Hmmm....so you can edit images such as overlapping a very scaled down image with a 16 by 16 tango icon in Inkscape? If I wanted to overlap a teensy tiny cloud on a 16 by 16 tango sun I could do that in Inkscape and export it a PNG?

Then I'll start ripping them from the screenshot as soon as possible :p

Does these icons fall under the GPL License as well?

Like the skins for Linux. :)