[Shell Patcher] Tango Icons for Windows

If I want to switch from the orange set to the blue set, do I need to uninstall/reinstall, or can I just re-run the installer choosing the blue set?

If I want to switch from the orange set to the blue set, do I need to uninstall/reinstall, or can I just re-run the installer choosing the blue set?

I think all you have to do is just rerun the installer. I may be wrong. Vertigosity keeps updating the patch so it's better and better and doesn't have to do all the long drawn out patching stuffs :p

------------

I wanted to use Firefox 2b1 but keep a tango skin but couldn't find any that are compatible with 2.0.....so I just made one :shifty:. It's nothing special. I'm still working on getting absolutely everything skinned for Tango but it works nicely with 2.0 and keeps the native Windows style. Now, I know that Lokheed made a skin similar to this one but it's with the Tango set on a share-alike isn't it? heh. Here it is. Still in it's early stages of skinning but operable.

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/37822964/

Edited by SooperDoode

I wanted to use Firefox 2b1 but keep a tango skin but couldn't find any that are compatible with 2.0.....so I just made one :shifty:. It's nothing special. I'm still working on getting absolutely everything skinned for Tango but it works nicely with 2.0 and keeps the native Windows style. Now, I know that Lokheed made a skin similar to this one but it's with the Tango set on a share-alike isn't it? heh. Here it is. Still in it's early stages of skinning but operable.

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/37822964/

I get a 'file not found'...

I get a 'file not found'...

Oh...er...hee hee. It disappeared! No matter, I was going to update a newer version anyway. It should be on dA now at this link. Sorry 'bout that! That damn throbber is going to drive me crazy. Anyone know a good way to convert frame by frame PNGs to animated GIFs?

Id take a screenshot but I dont have time.

Do you know the window that comes up when a file that isnt associated with a program is double clicked?

The "Windows cannot open this file.... What do you want to do? ..... Use the web service or select the program from a list" window.

Well the icon top left is an orange folder with a search icon. Im using the blue tango icons. Surely thats a small bug?

:)

Do you know the window that comes up when a file that isnt associated with a program is double clicked?

The "Windows cannot open this file.... What do you want to do? ..... Use the web service or select the program from a list" window.

Well the icon top left is an orange folder with a search icon. Im using the blue tango icons. Surely thats a small bug?

I think that's part of the Tango icon set. Not sure from what version but I've seen it here and there. I like it :)

Yerp. That's a bug. I thought it was appropriate for the Win2k/XP style search, since that happens in a special shell folder-y thing, but the same resource gets used for both places. It also gets used for the saved-search filetype, which is what the icon is supposed to target, so I think it's staying for now.

Edit: Er... yeah, it is supposed to be orange, though. Tangerine uses a yellow "saved-search" folder, and Tango itself does use an orange one.

Edited by vertigosity

Both VS are great. Used Cairo and Human back in my Ubuntu days...

But to stick with the topic: thanks for the Tango Icons. I love them. Same as with VS, first thing to do after a Ubuntu install: get the Tango icons... hehe...

They are almost as great as the ones from Bluecurve found in Fedora Linux.

Anyway, questions:

1. In the full start menu every icon gets replaced, in the classic menu not. Found a default connections icon not replaced in shell32.dll.

2. Outlook Express has modified button bitmaps in the prog but the icon is still default.

3. Windows Live Messenger didn't experience any changes.

4. The Alt-Tab icon for IE7 Beta 3 got replaced, all the other icons don't. A look at Iexplore.exe showed me only 1 replaced icon.

Hope that helps... If somebody already posted my results, I'm sorry, too lazy to read through 55 pages...

post-38597-1155439140.jpg

k, just a quick recolor job in the trial version of stylebuilder. rpeview is below. i don't really like this version as of yet, which is why i'm not focusing on making the shellstyle work correctly. that's to do on your own. i'll be working on a thinner taskbar version in the near future for personal use, and ONLY with the permission of the author will i ever release it to the general public.

here we go.

post-11176-1155441018.jpg

human_blue.zip

ONLY with the permission of the author will i ever release it to the general public.
It's a port of a GPL skin. You might hold it back just to be nice to the porter, but you've already got redist rights.

Anyway, questions:

1. In the full start menu every icon gets replaced, in the classic menu not. Found a default connections icon not replaced in shell32.dll.

2. Outlook Express has modified button bitmaps in the prog but the icon is still default.

3. Windows Live Messenger didn't experience any changes.

4. The Alt-Tab icon for IE7 Beta 3 got replaced, all the other icons don't. A look at Iexplore.exe showed me only 1 replaced icon.

1. I'll try to track it down and get that one fixed for next month.

2. Yeah, that's normal. I haven't decided what to put on that yet.

3. WLM will have some minor stuff as I fold BobP's emoticon patcher and more Git2 icons in. Next month.

4. IE7 checks WGA, which means I'd have to commit to installing it on my host machine. I can't install it in a VM because I use a... different... version of Windows inside them :shiftyninja: Eh, I'll suck it up and reactivate System Restore sometime.

5. Arbeitsplatz. I giggle every time my silly American tongue tries to pronounce that :rofl: Literally, "work station"?

i'll be working on a thinner taskbar version in the near future for personal use, and ONLY with the permission of the author will i ever release it to the general public.here we go.

a thinner taskbar will rock!!!

k, just a quick recolor job in the trial version of stylebuilder. rpeview is below. i don't really like this version as of yet, which is why i'm not focusing on making the shellstyle work correctly. that's to do on your own. i'll be working on a thinner taskbar version in the near future for personal use, and ONLY with the permission of the author will i ever release it to the general public.

here we go.

Hey, this version is great! I never liked the creamy overall look. The grey is much better!

Now if anyone can tell me how to change the spacing between the All Programs items and the Quickstart icons?

nice work. thanks for this.

on my system properties, computer name tab i have this orrible icon though..... :rofl:

1jo6.jpg

all the other tabs have nice new icons.... :yes:

Just a warning, but Trend Micro reports:

Crck_Tango

on install. It finds 2 of them. I'll report back after reboot to check whats happened.

Crack Tango? Nice... I never realized my surefire install-nuking was such a threat to network administrators :rolleyes:

1. I'll try to track it down and (...) BobP's emoticon patcher and more Git2 icons in. Next month.

Great news. Good to hear... err... read.

4. IE7 checks WGA, which means I'd have to commit to installing it on my host machine. I can't install it in a VM because I use a... different... version of Windows inside them :shiftyninja: Eh, I'll suck it up and reactivate System Restore sometime.

5. Arbeitsplatz. I giggle every time my silly American tongue tries to pronounce that :rofl: Literally, "work station"?

Hmm... right, WGA. Got a brand new license with my new laptop, otherwise I, eehm.. wouldn't... eehm... anyway :D

Are you in need of the EXE or the whole install? Can send you over the files, no problem for me.

For the Arbeitsplatz, it would rather be workplace than work station, but plays too. As for the pronunciation it's something like "r-by-zz-plau-tz" ouch, must hurt a germans eye... :laugh:

i realized in the middle of the night about the whole gpl thing, i just didn't know if it applied to the whole ubuntu thing, but seeing as it's part of a linux distro, it would be that way huh?

anywho, hopefully soon i'll be able to have the thinner taskbar version done, i think i may have to do a little work on the taskbar button sizing though, we'll have to wait and see about that though. anyways, i'm glad others out there like my little mod, after the thinner taskbar is done, it'll probably take the place of guiairb1 as my fav style.

i'll keep everyone posted as i get going on this. cheers!

-lith