[Shell Patcher] Tango Icons for Windows

I bet that's a bitmap. You'll probably need to crop/assemble a smaller image by shifting around the pieces of the one you're already using, or pieces of the normal system button widget, and then laying on a smaller (16x16?) recolored Ubuntu logo.

stylebuilder allows to change image position (img for start button), so its even easier to do

are there any updates planned vergo?

Sometime in September. Probably on Patch Tuesday again, because that makes me giggle a little. I don't really have anything amazing yet, I'm just letting it roll along, collecting up little stuff, so it might be later in Sep.

Does this patcher fix the WMP icon? Because I have the one shipped with the Flyakite OS X patch :(

Screen:

post-94337-1155989808_thumb.jpg

Birger :)

I made a folder-move for the sidebar tzpzdgdmt.png.

(where it would go)

qqmgomyfd.png

Looking good :D

Birger :)

Well it looks like Mozilla has been busy with the updating of the Bon Echo nightlies (the almost-ready-for-beta-but-not-quite builds) and the visual refresh looks quite nice :). However it was to Mac OS X for me so I tweaked it around a lot and came up with an updated Tango skin. Basically, it's as much Tango-ized as possible with the addition of the neat little go and search buttons, tab bar, and nifty forward and back drop down images. If anyone is interested it's at dA

On another note, I don't know if you know this, vertigosity, but Andreas Nilsson of the Tango Project has royally mispelt your name in a cool mention of the Patcher. You're famous!!!! Oh and I third or fourth the desicion to work on skinning up the little icons in the Common tasks place like bobp is talking about. Also, any change to patch Bon Echo with the default Internet icon or something like Firefox. Just in case it's installed :p

Cheers!

vertigosity :

Where did you find the "k3b / burning icon" used in the batch patcher +1 release? I cannot find it in the K3B source, but I can find lots of different icons.

Also, does anyone want a tango3b DVDShrink toolbar? (this one won't work, jsut a preview to see if anyone cares)

fdlziazst.png

Edited by bobp

• Maybe Suicide is actually AndreasN's secret alter-ego? He can't spell vertigosity either; maybe it's time to change my name to Virge or Virgo, even though I was a Verite and later Voodoo man, and a Cancer, with normal Volvo steel wheels :p
  • Common Tasks are a bullet point for the next revision. Of course, I'm going completely Rambo on that, since I think the official Tango position on them is "having icons for that sort of thing would just introduce visual noise, and we know everybody uses cp and mv anyways." I doubt I'll go the "Tangoize the XP icon" approach, but +1 on lining up the pixels, BobP :yes:
  • There's not actually a whole lot in Lokheed's tarball-of-chaos I don't already have, and what is unique in it doesn't have SVG, so it's not quite as useful as I'd like. His PDF icon is nifty, so I might trace that or otherwise try and fudge it. Those folder icons are from gnome-icon-theme2, which is really the other bullet point for September, and the thread historians will note I've been pretending to work on for the past three months :rofl: And if Lokheed thinks he can get away with redistributing Hylke's Fox and Bird icons, I'll stop pretending the MoFo people have their snipers on me.

Edited by vertigosity

Any chance for a tango mIRC icon? it looks soo out of place in the sys tray.. :/

If I recall correctly, mIRC uses CRC. The icons in the toolbar of the program cannot be changed without doing a CRC hex edit. I am not sure if that applies to just the main icon though.

If I recall correctly, mIRC uses CRC. The icons in the toolbar of the program cannot be changed without doing a CRC hex edit. I am not sure if that applies to just the main icon though.

I just mean the main program icon, that shows when you have mIRC minimized to/running in the systray, not the toolbar.