[Shell Patcher] Tango Icons for Windows

i'm just awaiting permission from the original author. i know i dont need it persay, but...

Has been discussed earlier in this thread. right, GPL means free as free in freedom ;) but read the quote...

I started to work on the last half of the icons for the Miranda-IM pack :)

But I do not know yet how to give it to you guys cause it's a rip from Jim-Phelps his pack, and everyone knows :p

I really can't get into Miranda's groove (yeah, I know, it's infinitely customizable, but I just can't get... comfortable with it, I like Gaim out-of-the-box, really), so it's all yours. If you're worried, grab the source material directly from the Tango project and re-composite everything, then it's legit and properly CC-by-SAed, and plus, you'll have proper alpha channel stuff, which you wouldn't have if you were pulling stuff from his screenshots. Extra cookies if you use the Gnome-icon-theme2 protocol icons that weren't out when Mr. Phelps did his teaser shots, although that introduces ultar-ghey license incompatibility issues.

Edit: I just found his thread, and realized that at least some of his teaser material is in transparent PNGs. You're probably OK using that as long as give him attribution.

Edited by vertigosity

Alright, but it's gonna take a while for me to finish the icons and release them cause I'm going to remake a few with the official icons and I'm working on some other projects :)

And I'm not working on all of my projects everyday :p

So give me some time to finish the pack.

k, so i suck :blush:

apparently there's allready a blue thin taskbar version by ~FioreSSj. available at the link below.

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/37743373/

colors are orange, blue, green, purple, and graphite. cursors are included, along with fonts, shell styles, and fonts. :blink: :laugh:

anyways, here's a linky link to my version anyhow. it's a little darker in color, and a little bit thinner. also, mine has no shell style to it. http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/38638772/

no wallpaper, i'm using the cursors from vista on my machine, and only blue i'm afraid :blush:

anyhow, enjoy anyways... :whistle: :shiftyninja: :pinch:

preview is on da as well.

k, so i suck :blush:

apparently there's allready a blue thin taskbar version by ~FioreSSj. available at the link below.

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/37743373/

colors are orange, blue, green, purple, and graphite. cursors are included, along with fonts, shell styles, and fonts. :blink: :laugh:

anyways, here's a linky link to my version anyhow. it's a little darker in color, and a little bit thinner. also, mine has no shell style to it. http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/38638772/

no wallpaper, i'm using the cursors from vista on my machine, and only blue i'm afraid :blush:

anyhow, enjoy anyways... :whistle: :shiftyninja: :pinch:

preview is on da as well.

Your blue version is better than the other. The other is too bright for me. Yours is colorwise perfect. But the taskbar is broken for me (the background is black). Please fix this.

post-96851-1156500418_thumb.jpg

Your blue version is better than the other. The other is too bright for me. Yours is colorwise perfect. But the taskbar is broken for me (the background is black). Please fix this.

This is your bug. The MSStyle is OK.

crap, i have no idea wtf happened there, but here's one i know is ok. i use the bar on the top which is why i didn't notice, i'm so sorry.

anyways, i've tested this one, and all is well on my machine. lets keep our fingers crossed and hope for no more buggies... :laugh:

the file is updated on da as well. sorry about that guys and gals.....

human_blue.zip

Edited by LiThIuM

In the classic control panel the "wireless network setup" icon is pixalated and looks horrible

tangoshotcz7.th.png

there is also a couple icons that are not patched speech,scheduled tasks, mail

In the classic control panel the "wireless network setup" icon is pixalated and looks horrible

tangoshotcz7.th.png

there is also a couple icons that are not patched speech,scheduled tasks, mail

mine looks fine

In the classic control panel the "wireless network setup" icon is pixelated and looks horrible
It's not just you, and there's nothing I can do about that. Windows displays the wrong size at 32x32 for that, full stop.

post-52710-1156652309.png

Huh... got a new one. It's a generic system icon, found it in IE7 printing dialog and checked my printers and faxes and there they were: default shared printers...

post-38597-1156692434.jpg

can any1 please post up the tangoized default xp .scr? Thats all i need, I have a previous tango patcher and im happy with it, except for the screensaver. Im sure im not the only who would like to just download the awesome screensaver. THAnx!!!

Yeah I found that yesterday too, great theme, best since clearlooks 0.6, and to daeron that happened to me, log out then back in or restart explorer.exe and it'll be fine

Or simply unlock taskbar, resize it a little bit, size it back to normal and lock again. That should fix it too.